Side by Side with Reykjavik - RIP (re-read Rey's message to us all #108, pg 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Folks,

One of our much loved posters Reykjavik has been going through a difficult time with his health for a while now.

Things aren't going well for him.

He's able to read and understand posts, but is having difficulty with posting at the moment.

Please send him your well wishes, he'd be stoked to hear from you

#sidebysidewithreykjavik

Last edited:
Best wishes, return to health soon.

Get well Reyjavik, the creator of the mighty reyjavik law will be surely missed.

Chin up mate. Get better, we need you to enforce Reykjaviks law!

IIRC the law states something like ...

"All threads will eventually converge on a bitch session about Buckley?" :p

#sidebysidewithreykjavik

Reykjavik gutted to hear this. Such a good poster and always enjoy seeing the username associated with a new post.

Get well buddy, we've got a long season and look forward to seeing your posts each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Rey,

Love your posts, they always give me a good chortle.

I have always been curious if Hogan's Heros are amongst your influences? Something about the Germans ;)

Our chats behind the scenes are entertaining ... you're an intellectual giant.

Stay strong :thumbsu:

#sidebysidewithreykjavik

Last edited:
IIRC the law states something like ...

"All threads will eventually converge on a bitch session about Buckley?" :p

#sidebysidewithreykjavik

And don't we know it? But it took Reykjavic to give us some perspective on this, and all in good humour.

Don't think we can survive season 2015 on BF without Reykjavic's perfectly timed and perfectly attuned posts. Always nails it. Please get well soon, the season starts in a couple of weeks.:thumbsu::rainbow:

Little known fact, but Reykjavik was Ben Reid's manservant during his recent trip to Germany.

Rey shared his experiences of the trip, in what is one of my favourite posts ...

I dunno, I'm not sure about this...

The table was sterile, perfect in a typical German way. Poor Ben felt cold, but he covered his discomfort and uncertainty well. He had learned how to do that a long while ago; anyone who couldn't take Mick's random bullshit with a straight face was quickly weeded out. he had found it helped him at the poker tables too, but that was another more unintended benefit.

Today though, his resolve was being tested. The room was so...foreign, like a perfectly directed pass from the midfield it was totally outside his experience. Ben had been through a lot in his playing career, and withstood the furnace of grand finals and a dutch oven from Clokey sharing on an interstate trip and worse horrors besides, but this was different again. Perfect white walls, blinking lights and computer gear everywhere, it even outdid Eddie's personal home theatre setup. He had been lucky enough to see that only once, when Ed was in a melancholy mood and let him watch part of his precious store of Nathan Buckley highlights videos on constant loop. Ben was a polite boy, so he nodded and smiled and pretended he was dealing with Mick again and it seemed to work.

Here though, he was finding it harder even than Ed in full on worship mode. Something about the doctor was disquieting, and he started at the ceiling letting the words wash over him. He could do this...if mick couldn't freak him, nothing could. He would just treat it like an interview with Mick and ignore all the goo and drivel and self serving bullshit and just nod quietly.

"So..herr Reid....we will soon be starting the treatments...you are not nervous no?"

I never called him a rapist...

"Yeah...great...fine..."

"Now...ve know you have been constantly injured and you are held together with pipecleaners...ja?"

I'll never coach against my boys...

"Great...cool..."

"Now we will pump you full of the calf blood and you will be like a new man...an ubermensch even..."

It really made me lose faith in humanity..like a cross between the roman legions and some s**t la la la la...

"Yeah...fine...whatever...can we just get this over with Doctor...what is your name again?"

The doctor gave his patient his most Aryan smile.

"Doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. But you may call me...Doctor No."

"Oh good, just like Mick then after all."

Ben relaxed; crazed messianic figures with creepy smiles was home base for him.

"Now herr Reid...please to relax."

ben felt the needle prick, and the slowly building feeling of lassitude. He was aware of a strange cackling from the good doctor. his last shred of consciousness was used in working out what it reminded him of, and just as blissful sleep took him, he remembered.

Micks three quarter time address at the 2011 granny....all he did was cackle like a maniac....well, a worse maniac...

His sleeping form had a frown as a result of the disquieting memory.

As the doctor watched his patient fall into a complete coma, he became business like. A pair of headphones was produced from under the surgical table, and placed carefully on Ben’s tousle haired head. The Doctor went to the controls and pressed a red button.

“Alles is gut Fraulein Bunt?”

Behind a one way mirror stood a woman; well, that was what her passport said. According to her official documents she was a renowned journalist and senior football writer for a leading but somewhat tattered newspaper that had seen better days. In fact, she was an agent for an organisation altogether more competent and less pointless than Fairfax. She also was not really called Caroline, but that was by the by.

She watched the sleeping figure of the footballer with her trademark mixture of disgust and hunger. Today though she had other needs to feed.

She pressed the red button next to the window, and spoke into the intercom.

“Alles ist gut herr doctor. Sie können beginnen”

The doctor on the other side of the window nodded obediently and pressed a blue button on his console, stroking the furrowed blonde brow of his patient sorrowfully.

“Bitte verzeih mir, herr Reid…”

He didn’t think Ben would forgive him for this though.

Beyond the window, Fraulein Bunt smiled a slightly cracked smile. Her phone rang, and she regarded it impatiently before she realised who it was. She came to attention as she pressed the answer button.

“Number One!”

In a distant land, a man sat at a chair, stroking his pet gently. His pet always liked it when he stroked those long locks; even more when he provided a saucer of milk. He liked making his pet happy; it was one of his few pleasures, apart from this.

“Has it begun?”

“Ja, mein liebschen.”

The man smiled. “Excellent. How long?”

The Fraulein frowned. “I do not know. Maybe hours, it depends how strong he is.”

“The earth is slow but the ox is patient. Report when it is complete.”

“Jawohl…herr Mick!”

He hit the end call button, and returned to his pet. Mister Daisy was purring, and he watched his pet curled up in his lap and smiled indulgently.
“Whose an elite wingman now? One of my boys…my…preccciousssssss…..”

Meanwhile, back in the medical suite, Ben’s face began to contort as the effect of what was playing through his headphones registered. Somewhere deep in his brain he fought it, but the subliminal messages were strong, and they were working…

“You will kill Bucks, you will stab him and cut him into little pieces and feed him to the wolves then blow up the wolves! For you are one of my boys, my precious…and I am your father Mick, your…master…you cannot resist Ben, and I don’t want to hurt you, so listen and obey, and killlllllll Bucksssssssssss……….”

If you like it too, drop Reykjavik a 'like' ... here .

#sidebysidewithreykjavik

I'm sorry to hear you're doing it a bit tough at the moment Reykjavik
We're all thinking of you and wishing you well

And I'm still hanging out for part 2 of your trip with Ben.
Hope you feel well enough to write it soon:hearts:

I can see Reykjavik's Law being invoked more than any other this season:rolleyes:

Thoughts and wishes are with you mate.
Side by Side is more than a line in the song. Get back soon, this place is worse for not having you around.

Ps....They tried hard today but just couldn't get the job done for you.
Next week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back