Side by Side with Reykjavik - RIP (re-read Rey's message to us all #108, pg 5)

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
Shocking news about Reykjavik.My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this sad time.Rest in Peace,Reykjavik.

I'm so upset at this news.
Like many I was thinking of him on the weekend so his Spirit must have been lurking around here.
Thanks ppoiter for mentioning his post #108. I have just re-read it, and encourage you all to do so.
The joy of following Collingwood, and being part of this wonderful family and community.

RIP Rey:hearts:
and keep an eye on the boys:rainbow:

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I remember when Rey made that post 108. Things were looking bleak for the club and we looked a fair way off. What an insightful and articulate bloke. We could always count on you for wit and perspective. You'll be missed mate! RIP.

Well that is just tragic news.
An intelligent & passionate individual who happened to follow the Pies.
Terrible for his family & friends.
So unfair to lose his life, so young, with so much to do.
If he managed to touch so many people on a simple sports forum...how many other people has he affected throughout his life? Very sad indeed. A huge loss for all.
Will not be forgotten.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
From post 108:

'When things are at their darkest is when you can truly see the stars.

I might not have been to the mountaintop, but I think I have seen the promised land. And I think this lot will get there. And though I wont be there to see it with you, I know it will be an exciting time ahead. And if things look dark at times this year, just look up and see the stars.'

Reykjavik knew that words when expertly employed have power and beauty. I have just come back from visiting my Thai friend in jail who was fighting back tears while glancing tentatively left and right to see who might be watching. Fear dictated that he could not articulate the problem and I left him to his darkness and slipped into a darkness of my own. I am sure no words can alleviate the pain of being a vulnerable human being in the hell that is a Thai jail. However, Reykjavik's words found a home in my tortured soul. I am sure the stars of which he speaks are lighting the path on which he now travels. Rest in peace my gentle friend. Your courage and obvious love of life have encouraged others to look for truths more noble than premierships won. You will be sadly missed but never forgotten. :(

We are a funny old community of Pies fans on this board, at once happy, sad, angry, rejoicing, commiserating and arguing, and all in the space of one page let alone a single thread! But we are all bound by our love for the Pies.

Rey was one of us, who found his way to Big Footy, to join this community. His contributions were outstanding: witty, insightful, thoughtful, sometimes laugh out loud hilarious.

He will be greatly missed. RIP Rey, and condolences to your family and friends.

Terrible news. I hope that he is at peace. Thinkikng of his family and friends. I did not know the man, but like many here became an admirer of his humour and style. He will be sadly missed. RIP Magpie Brother.:cry:

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I tried to think of something eloquent to say as he was so often able to do, but alas there are no words.

Rest in peace, mate.

Back