Recommitted Sidebottom rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

He's contracted for 2016. The reality is he will not be traded for picks, only mature talent.
Can't say I have any insight into Collingwood's decision making but it would seem you are short on picks to use/trade and seem to be rebuilding.

In 2009, yes. Scott was the midfield coach but left at start of 2009 Finals Series after he got North job. Would have been also coached by Gavin Brown, who was our VFL coach in 2009.

I doubt he will move but his best mate in Beams left last year, Heath Shaw, Seedsman & co are very close to Sidebottom because they live/ed in Kew, they all like a punt, getting on the piss and this group has never seen eye to eye with Buckley.

Yep, and it isn't like he'd be moving across the country.

Yep, and it isn't like he'd be moving across the country.
Until he sees the facilities. Then it's like moving from Dallas Cowboys to Syria FC.

Why do we need another fringe, unproven midfielder if Freeman is leaving for the reason of lack of opportunity. We have no need of another young midfielder with Aish and Treloar probably coming to us. We will most likely ask for ur 2 first rounders which will both be terrible first rounders given the strength of your team unless you have KPP we really like.

Garner is a forward who would walk into your team, best 22 at North and played very good footy through the finals.

That's cute, Petracca isn't entertaining offers and you aren't trading Judd.

Sidebottom would comfortably be your best midfielder and player. A very underrated player.

He is an elite player. He broke his thumb in Round 1 when he was best on & never recovered this year as thumb injuries are difficult to recover in a short time frame owing to touch and the bone fusing in that period.

Until he sees the facilities. Then it's like moving from Dallas Cowboys to Syria FC.

Don't you have an impending drug hearing to worry about?

Successful clubs are talking about quality players.

You're not involved.

I heard a rumour about Sidebottom so much so that his nickname might as well be Inbottoms.

Don't want to get rid of garner, he's one of the few that have class on our list.

Neither do I but you add Sidebottom and a fit Wells into that team this year and it can go all the way.

Stuff the "age profile". I'll watch replays of the flag while we rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I have any insight into Collingwood's decision making but it would seem you are short on picks to use/trade and seem to be rebuilding.
Sidebottom will be given a fat contract from the pies, I would shocked if he turns it down. Petracca would be the one tho if he does wish to join Melbourne, we would certainly target hogan with big time money and 'job opportunities' but I think Pertracca would be the one we end up with.

Last edited:
Rofl, anyone who believes Sidey is going anywhere has rocks in their head.

As a side note, he'd be mad to leave a year before he becomes a free agent. That will be his big payday and the club has already saved the cash for it.

Sidebottom will be given a fat contract from the pies, I would shocked if he turns it down. Petracca would be the one tho if he does wish to join Melbourne, we would certainly target hogan with big time money and 'job opportunities' but I think Pertracca would be the one we end up with.
Petracca has just signed a contract extension, not going anywhere.

Don't you have an impending drug hearing to worry about?

Successful clubs are talking about quality players.

You're not involved.
Pffttt..... I have heaps of time until November.

I also like your rating of success.

Garner AND a first rounder for Sidebottom?

Collingwood making off like bandits there

Doubt North would do it.

I hope we don't either but I can understand why they would.

That's cute, Petracca isn't entertaining offers and you aren't trading Judd.
Other than Nathan Jones, I'd guess that pretty much every player on Melbourne's list would jump at the chance to get into a club with superior facilities, crowds, development staff, recruiters, doctors etc. Oh and apparently Petracca is a mad pies fan. And it works the other way too - can't see any player on the Pies list voluntarily going to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back