Signs we'll see around Etihad stadium in Round 9...

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part about the whole game will be the fact that everyone other than GWS supporters and Gryphons own family will want to see him do badly.

I think they all imagine their own captains walking out on the club and what their reactions might be...

All bullshit aside. I'll find it really hard to boo him. I'm disgusted our captain walked out on us, no doubt.

While I despise the way he went about it - I'm still not convinced that's his character. I just reckon he's a pretty timid fella who got in way over his head and rather than man up, he took off.

I'm by no means having a crack at those who see it differently - but I'm preferring to see the other side of the coin in as much as we now have a commodity that has been missing from WO since the late 80's - a gun FF.

I'd probably feel differently had we not stuck it straight back up them by getting Boyd - but we did

Who knows - six pre game pots into me and I'll probably end up thrown out for giving it to him.

The best part about the whole game will be the fact that everyone other than GWS supporters and Gryphons own family will want to see him do badly.

I think they all imagine their own captains walking out on the club and what their reactions might be...

Absolutely wrong

I have not one inch of bad feeling for the bloke as without him we would be still stuck with Peter Rhode Mark 2

Won't be barracking for him but won't be against him and have a feeling he might tear us apart to be honest

michelesign_crop_340x234.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's not witty, it's not sexy, it's not breathtakingly daring but ...

... what I'd MOST like to see is Liam Picken tag Griffen out of the game. Like maybe 12 possessions. That would assert our higher ground more than any amount of jeering, crowd gestures or clever banners.

Any spine rattling shirtfronts or a rib-snapping sandwich between Redpath and Minson would just be the icing on the cake.

Sadly I'll miss this game....but perhaps I'll get a chance in August when I'm in Sydney when Essendon are scheduled to play at the Showgrounds. Maybe some infiltration perhaps? (That's of course assuming I don't have to bring my boots....)

No sign needed.

In 3 years time Griffen retires to a nice farm.

In 3 years time Boyd is taking the AFL by storm and we have him for another 10.

O.k even if he is jut a good player, we still have him for another 10.

There is only 1 winner from his trade an its us by a mile, don't worry about that!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back