Minyip/Murtoa
Warrack Eagles
NEW
Southern Roos (Harrow/Balmoral)

NORTHERN GRAMPIANS FL
10 teams
Kalkee
Laharum
Arapiles Eagles (Noradjuha/Quantong/Natimuk)
Edenhope/Apsley
Pimpinio
Rupanyup
Great Western
Stawell Swifts
Taylors Lake
NEW Navarre (from Lexton FL)

New League
NORTH CENTRAL MALLEE FL
11 Teams
Birchip Watchem
Donald
Southern Lakers (Rainbow/Jeparit)
Central Lions (Hopetoun / Beulah)
Boort
Charlton
St Arnaud
Wedderburn
Wycheproof / Narrapoort
Woomelang / Lascelles
Sea Lake Tigers

Well Done Nardoo. Interesting changes. Great to get some ideas put forward for the future of football in our region. Navarre to Edenhope be a long drive. (I guess no futher than Navarre to Rokewood now). Wycheproof/Naraport struggled to field a side this year, only going to get worse. Taylors Lake the same. reckon we need some more mergers. Horsham United struggled to field two sides this year with every week players playing at least two games a day. With the player exodus continuing how they going to manage next year? Doubt they'll have an U17 side the way things look too.
Have heard rumors of Adam Taylor to Saints also. Don't think the Minyip/Murtoa deal is all done and dusted yet as stated in the Mail Times a few weeks ago.

The black team with the yellow sash have changed there name four times since being in the League. Imperials/Wonwondah, Horsham United, Horsham Diggers, KFC Diggers. Just wondering if there should be another change for the 2009 season?
Eg.

The KFC Nuggets.
The Deep Fried Diggers
Horsham Divided
Imperials/Wonwonderswhowillplay

Like it Fancy! I do find it strange that the Mail Times have not made an issue of the future of football in the region. Why wouldn't they open the debate about it, much like we are here to put it out in a public forum. Ask readers to put forward their ideas? I'm sure the journalists (Patrick O'Meara, Roy Ward) at the paper read these pages for information.

I think that's what they had in mind when they got David Johns to do his article last year. Instead he mostly just had pot shots at other clubs.

Agree, Johnsy is a w***er, and his articles made him look like a bigger one. All he did was slag off at Laharum, Horsham Saints, Stawell etc. Thought it stupid for a local businessman to do it. I know for a fact a lot Horsham Saints and Laharum people wouldn't set foot into his shop.
Why can't the Mail Times write from a journalistic unbiased view point. Are they worried about the fallout from struggling clubs? This is a very REAL problem. All we here is silence from the Wimmera League Commission etc as they are happy drinking their free grog and more worried about filling their pockets with sandwiches than actually being proactive in making a bright future for football around here.

I like the principle of Nardoo's idea-although Navarre wouldn't be interested in going to the HDFL or NGFL (whatever its called). While Edenhope would be further than rokewood (marginally) recruitment would be the big one as Navarre recruit heavily from Ballarat.

Is it that you don't want Kalkee in the Wimmera leagur or you don't want them to exist? How would they draw more players if they went up a League?

I have no problems with the Kees, think they are a great club. Just think there is a step up to the Wimmera League. If they did step up l'm sure they would be looking to recruit some existing Wimmera League players to the club for some depth. Blokes like Ant Perkins have been enjoying the slower pace of the district league, don't think he'd be jumping at the chance to look slow again.
I would think you'd get a fair bit of an argument from them to stay in the district league from the Kee's themselves.
Would their ground be adequate? Clubrooms a lot better than many around (Horsham Saints need a match to them!)

Cory Waldron talking to Minyip/Murtoa and Horsham Saints. Apparently Burras front runners at this stage.

NEW LEAGUE LINE UPS FOR 2009

WIMMERA FL
10 Teams
Horsham Demons
Horsham United
Horsham Saints
Dimboola
Stawell Warriors
Ararat
Hindmarsh Tigers (Nhill/Kaniva merge)
Minyip/Murtoa
Warrack Eagles
NEW

NORTHERN GRAMPIANS FL
10 teams
Kalkee
Laharum
Edenhope/Apsley
Pimpinio
Rupanyup
Great Western
Stawell Swifts
Taylors Lake
NEW Navarre (from LextonFL)

New League
NORTH CENTRAL MALLEE FL
11 Teams
Birchip Watchem
Donald
Boort
Charlton
St Arnaud
Wedderburn
Wycheproof / Narrapoort
Woomelang / Lascelles
Sea Lake Tigers

How long til we see this?

Not sure why you are always so concerned about the city oval. It's about the fourth best ground in the Wimmera League, it's got no soul.

The city oval will really struggle in wet years (if that ever happens) as it will never get a rest. In the dry years it can just survive.

Problem with Kalkee or near Horsham based club is it means a fourth team out of Horsham. Does Horsham have that many Wimmera League standard players?

I believe Stawell/Ararat for their sizes should be able to field another Wimmera league side. Great Western location would be ideal but are they strong enough?

NEW LEAGUE LINE UPS FOR 2009

WIMMERA FL
10 Teams
Horsham Demons
Horsham United
Horsham Saints
Dimboola
Stawell Warriors
Ararat
Hindmarsh Tigers (Nhill/Kaniva merge)
Minyip/Murtoa
Warrack Eagles
NEW

NORTHERN GRAMPIANS FL
10 teams
Kalkee
Laharum
Edenhope/Apsley
Pimpinio
Rupanyup
Great Western
Stawell Swifts
Taylors Lake
NEW Navarre (from LextonFL)

New League
NORTH CENTRAL MALLEE FL
11 Teams
Birchip Watchem
Donald
Boort
Charlton
St Arnaud
Wedderburn
Wycheproof / Narrapoort
Woomelang / Lascelles
Sea Lake Tigers

Great thinking Nardoo. My only negative would be each league would still have a big gap between top team and bottom team as far as ability goes. The strength of a 3 division comp with promotion and relegation is evening up the league ability wise.

Some great ideas coming out of this forum. As people say it's a pity the media and the powers that be are not brain storming in the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New League
NORTH CENTRAL MALLEE FL
11 Teams
Birchip Watchem
Donald
Boort
Charlton
St Arnaud
Wedderburn
Wycheproof / Narrapoort
Woomelang / Lascelles
Sea Lake Tigers

So what happens to the likes of Walpy and Ouyen? Would you like them to simply disband?

New League
NORTH CENTRAL MALLEE FL
11 Teams
Birchip Watchem
Donald
Boort
Charlton
St Arnaud
Wedderburn
Wycheproof / Narrapoort
Woomelang / Lascelles
Sea Lake Tigers[/quote]

No way Boort, Wedderburn and maybe Charlton would rather go Bendigo way maybe into the Loddon valley
Loddon Valley would have to charge its juniors tho

I'm pretty sure you need nine teams. North central were allowed to go to 8 but only because they are a remote league.
Would you not have Kalkee in the Wimmera League?

North Central have 7 teams and have still retained major league status. Boort would be more likely to head north to kerang etc, Bendigo or Loddon Valley in any restucture situation.

New League
NORTH CENTRAL MALLEE FL
11 Teams
Birchip Watchem
Donald
Boort
Charlton
St Arnaud
Wedderburn
Wycheproof / Narrapoort
Woomelang / Lascelles
Sea Lake Tigers

No way Boort, Wedderburn and maybe Charlton would rather go Bendigo way maybe into the Loddon valley
Loddon Valley would have to charge its juniors tho
[/quote]

Beulah wont be merging with hopetoun anytime soon!

Corey Waldron to the burras, done dealed on friday night!!
and were half way getting a couple more - Daniel Smith's name has been thrown around to!

i was once a local bloke followed harrow balmoral around the time of merging whats the go with the three league thing that every1 is talking about

i was once a local bloke followed harrow balmoral around the time of merging whats the go with the three league thing that every1 is talking about

I just put forward a few ideas to get the footy public thinking about the future in the region. People just throwing their thoughts out there. Lot of it looks to be pie the sky stuff at the moment. But i just feel that with the way the country populations are shifting, with more and more young kids heading to the big smoke some though needs to had on the future of our leagues in say 5-10 years .....
Without knowing the in and outs of all the clubs out there, from the outside there seems to be quite a few that are really stuggling on and off the field.
Its getting harder and harder to find supporters willing to put their hands up for commitees etc. With some clubs even having to pay local service clubs to man the gate of a Saturday.
Recruiting players seems to get harder and harder by the year, with a lot of kids having inflated egos produced by opposition clubs pissing in their pockets.
The first thing they say is "how much are you going to give me?", very hard when quite often there is probably a dozen loyal players better than this kid not getting a red cent.
Nardoo put forward an example of some merged Leagues/Clubs just to create some discussion, but seems to just get negative feedback. Another example put forward was to maybe merge the Wimmera/District Leagues with two divisions and create a promotion/relegation system...
All just ideas, but we'd all love to here something from the League Commission or Steve McQueen (CEO) on their thoughts on where footys heading in the next decade and beyond.
If we can create enough interest even though this board maybe some wider community discussion could start to take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back