Remove this Banner Ad

cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
AFL Victoria have overturned Silvan's transfer to the EFL and they will play in the YVMDFL again in 2010.

If the 12 months notice was the only hurdle it just means they will come over in 2011 not 2010 bascially. They give there 12 months notice now if they haven't already.
Will require another vote by EFL clubs though to let them in (provided they apply again, which i think they will).

Should be a fun year for Silvan now that they have to spend a year playing in a comp they dont want to be in against teams that no longer want them there.

Have heard the whisper that following the decision of Footy Vic to upheld Yarra Valley's appeal, Silvan FC committee has walked out and the club is on the brink of collapse.Can anyone involved with Silvan confirm this.
Not good for footy and for all parties concerned.:footy:

Have heard the whisper that following the decision of Footy Vic to upheld Yarra Valley's appeal, Silvan FC committee has walked out and the club is on the brink of collapse.Can anyone involved with Silvan confirm this.
Not good for footy and for all parties concerned.:footy:
Not true, we are upset with the decision but the committee has not walked out on the club.

So can/ will Silvan appeal or is that it
The appeals board decision is final. So thats it.

Hey Catzz, hows Silvan given the 12 months notice to the YVMDFL & trying to enter the EFL in 2011?
Would seem likely but just wondering if it's been done.

What I saw of Silvan on the weekend against Upwey they would be the worst senior team I have seen in watching local footy for the last 40 years. There were blokes I'm sure they just grabbed off the street. Not sure of their thinking as to wanting to join EFL as recruiting players will be difficult due to demographics etc. Was pretty sad to watch really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Silvans future for this season and beyond? They had a stocky half back playing for them known only as 'Hut', would be a prize recruit for any EFL club:D

Really good Cullen and Newing have both committed to the club Goodlet will be back after a reco last year and Sean Toohey is an ass coach this year and prior to Xmas numbers were good with no player losses and 2 quality in's so far we are confidant of a good year!

Newing hey? Does he know this?

I don't know why I waste my time with you but just to put your mind at ease Adam Newing is a premiership player at Silvan in 2007 and is returning to the club where one of his best mates is captain in David Bissells and for nowhere near the money you have quoted so now be a good little boy and go away!!

From what I know hes played all his juniors at Wesburn the Warburton affiliate. Warburton premiership in 2000. Warburton B+F 2010. Best mates with Warburtons Walker brothers. Also neighbours and good friends with Warburtons senior coach.

Poached to Silvan in 2006 and as it stands a huge offer out there for him right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back