PC Sim City 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Main reason stopping me from playing is I don't know anyone in Europe where I now live who'd want to play it with me. Come to think of it, don't know anyone in Australia too. I don't have a lot of time of gaming so I just want something I can dabble into at my own pace, but I don't think that's possible here :(

But the
I would've thought it'd be illegal for them to offer Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3 and Medal of Honor Warfighter with a G rated game.

99% sure this was a whole thing just brought into gaming last week via ESRB, how you're not allowed to pair an M rated game with a G rated one.

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/esrb-changes-rules-for-marketing-mature-rated-vide/1100-4602/

But they are not really "selling" the second title. They are giving them away. Surely that makes a difference?

But they are not really "selling" the second title. They are giving them away. Surely that makes a difference?
Would kind of think it's worse. Who's to stop a kid from picking Dead Space 3 if they're underage? I know it's really a superfluous thing to worry about, but a kid that buys SimCity shouldn't exactly be playing a game as violent as Dead Space is.

Seems like really bad organisation from EA...but I guess that got them here in the first place.

Would kind of think it's worse. Who's to stop a kid from picking Dead Space 3 if they're underage? I know it's really a superfluous thing to worry about, but a kid that buys SimCity shouldn't exactly be playing a game as violent as Dead Space is.

Seems like really bad organisation from EA...but I guess that got them here in the first place.

Pretty sure I read if the Origin account is an underage one, they automatically got Bejewelled and Sim City 4.

Pretty sure I read if the Origin account is an underage one, they automatically got Bejewelled and Sim City 4.
Which is hilariously bad ey?

"Sorry that the latest version of the game doesn't work, instead you can have the 10 year old one which has a lot of the features that this one should have...oh and a 5 dollar puzzle game"

They could have at least given out The Sims or something popular yet G rated.

Thought you guys might like to laugh/cry over this ridiculous DLC pricing. I noticed this when buying an xbox. I live in Switzerland which is generally very expensive but for video games it's a bit cheaper than ridiculous Australia. They were selling the English and German DLC themes for 15 francs each (roughly 1:1 with AUD). Isn't that crazy? 15 bucks for Big Ben or whatever the German one is, a double decker bus/high speed rail and a couple of new buildings. At least you got given the Paris one for free when purchasing the game here in Geneva, although I'm still scared to do so.

Also it's poorly implemented. I'd love to have a German, English or French feel in my cities but I don't want to have to plot down a ******* Big Ben or Eiffel Tower, which I reckon look rather silly and out of place.

Pretty sure I've just lost an entire city because of the servers. It was my best one too. I had just got over a million and I was going to fund a trade port in my other city but I got booted from the game for some reason. Now the city doesn't show up in the region view and every time I try to enter the city it hangs at the loading screen.

Pretty sure I've just lost an entire city because of the servers. It was my best one too. I had just got over a million and I was going to fund a trade port in my other city but I got booted from the game for some reason. Now the city doesn't show up in the region view and every time I try to enter the city it hangs at the loading screen.
That sucks mate.

At least the cities are so small that it wouldn't take long to remake...

( :( )

Ok, I'm setting up a game, if anyone wants to join, add me, UserID = RadicalNotion1 and I'll send an invite. Seriously, a filter option wouldn't be hard to implement, its impossible to find a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got the game and couldn't join any regions so just made my own. Will that matter much if there is no one in my region?

Add me RadicalNotion1 and I'll get you into a map I have a spare spot, cedargrettes , but you will need the deluxe version, as I worked on the city. Otherwise, I'll set up a new one and get some people on it. If you wanna find people go onto the EA forums, go to the build it together thread, and look for the server you';re in and just add people, then join games or create and invite. I'm on oceanic 2

Which is hilariously bad ey?

"Sorry that the latest version of the game doesn't work, instead you can have the 10 year old one which has a lot of the features that this one should have...oh and a 5 dollar puzzle game"

They could have at least given out The Sims or something popular yet G rated.

Sims is actually M rated and i find some parents don't want their younger kids to play it due to the sexual innuendo

What G rated games does EA actually have?

Add me RadicalNotion1 and I'll get you into a map I have a spare spot, cedargrettes , but you will need the deluxe version, as I worked on the city. Otherwise, I'll set up a new one and get some people on it. If you wanna find people go onto the EA forums, go to the build it together thread, and look for the server you';re in and just add people, then join games or create and invite. I'm on oceanic 2

I added you mate. I've made three towns so far in my region. Can you play on more than one region on the same server?

I added you mate. I've made three towns so far in my region. Can you play on more than one region on the same server?
Yeah, what was your user id, I ve added about ten so I don't know which one you are. You can play up to 10 games I think on each server, I think.

I have just set up a new smaller focused city if you wanna join.

okay so i've picked this up today and just got home to install it and it prompts me to create an origin account.

Attempting to do so is absolutely ****ed. It just gives the loading icon and times out. Can't even go on to the website. I bought this because I think the game looks great despite the much discussed server issues but I have to say this isn't a great start particularly considering my distaste for all things EA.

I really miss the days where life was simple and you could install games directly to your hd and play in your own time :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back