News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

How much do reserved seats go for? I usually upgrade to platinum and wouldn't mind a season-spot in Reg Hickey (or the new stand if it arrives in time)

Not sure what are worth, ours are platinum behind the goals. Check the website
Platinum behind the goals? Ouch

Surely platinum gets you on a wing or somewhere?

yes ouch, they used to be silver before they pulled the Wade stand down. Undercover upper level not the top level they are cheaper.
I have a gold seat, which is deep in the pocket in the players stand... not undercover, and if the ball is up the other end it's bloody hard to see.
I find it amazing that they have the gall to charge 69 bucks for it if it was brought on ticketmaster per week :eek:

I have a gold seat, which is deep in the pocket in the players stand... not undercover, and if the ball is up the other end it's bloody hard to see.
I find it amazing that they have the gall to charge 69 bucks for it if it was brought on ticketmaster per week :eek:
And they wonder why they can't fill the place.

And they wonder why they can't fill the place.
Yep it's a real head spinner isn't it :rolleyes:

If I looked online and saw that price I wouldn't go near it.
I'm actually thinking of dropping down next season and getting a seat out in the open near the Ablett terrace... probably as good a view and half the price

Yep it's a real head spinner isn't it :rolleyes:

If I looked online and saw that price I wouldn't go near it.
I'm actually thinking of dropping down next season and getting a seat out in the open near the Ablett terrace... probably as good a view and half the price
The seats in the Ablett Terrace are silver and get flogged off for $48 a pop.

This even being under cover, potentially 180 metres from the play, and with a walk way in front of your seats!

This even being under cover, potentially 180 metres from the play, and with a walk way in front of your seats!
Oh really? s**t... might have to do some more investigating.

Will be very interesting to see what the club do... do they try bump everyone around, don't they somehow turn gold into platinum to help cover costs etc etc

Oh really? s**t... might have to do some more investigating.

Will be very interesting to see what the club do... do they try bump everyone around, don't they somehow turn gold into platinum to help cover costs etc etc

When they pulled down the wade stand you could put your seat on hold for the year as long as you bought a membership or sit in the ablett terrace which we did. They silver went to Plat and some didn't return.

Did they Winty:(

Funny you know.. its all perspective…but i was shelling out 70 bucks a ticket for the games I went to like I was shelling peas. Just happy to be there for a few weeks.

To me, that was cheap compared to the option of watching in a dark room, with shitty delays between radio and streaming video, buffering issues and lock ups, not to mention massive sleep deprivation and the effects of the long work days following games.

Therein lies the difference. For me it was a once a year event. For you blokes, its a regular deal for 24 off weeks.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you know.. its all perspective…but i was shelling out 70 bucks a ticket for the games I went to like I was shelling peas. Just happy to be there for a few weeks.

To me, that was cheap compared to the option of watching in a dark room, with shitty delays between radio and streaming video, buffering issues and lock ups, not to mention massive sleep deprivation and the effects of the long work days following games.

Therein lies the difference. For me it was a once a year event. For you blokes, its a regular deal for 24 off weeks.

GO Catters
And that should be a key consideration.

Especially when games could be on in about 12 different day/timeslots across the one season.

Checked out the top level the other week, it's warmer than the 1 below

Yes its warmer but almost feel like a long distance spectator. Viewing is good... but its OK on TV too. Just feel like it not really the same. Its almost footy light. Its condom football. The old seat used give me splinters...now no splinters ..the plastic one are just cold.. how appropriate.

Last edited:

Not all of the Ablett Terrace - Bays 1 & 2 which they are pulling down next year and they are just inside the 50m arc, then from bays 15 -> 21 (at ground level), and 14 & 15 above the walkway, are all silver seating. Bays 3 to 14 are ground level are all bronze, 4 - 9 above the walkway in front of the Fred Flannagan room are bronze, but bays 10 to 12, & 16 - 20 are general reserve.

Its ridiculous the way they have worked out some of those areas and classified what seating they are.

I currently have a silver seat in the Ablett Terrace, but with it being part of the stage 4 redevelopment I'm not sure what the area will be classified as after. If it is turned into a gold section just because its a new stand they will lose a lot of people who sit around that area - they need to keep affordable seating available throughout the stadium.

Not all of the Ablett Terrace - Bays 1 & 2 which they are pulling down next year and they are just inside the 50m arc, then from bays 15 -> 21 (at ground level), and 14 & 15 above the walkway, are all silver seating. Bays 3 to 14 are ground level are all bronze, 4 - 9 above the walkway in front of the Fred Flannagan room are bronze, but bays 10 to 12, & 16 - 20 are general reserve.

Its ridiculous the way they have worked out some of those areas and classified what seating they are.

I currently have a silver seat in the Ablett Terrace, but with it being part of the stage 4 redevelopment I'm not sure what the area will be classified as after. If it is turned into a gold section just because its a new stand they will lose a lot of people who sit around that area - they need to keep affordable seating available throughout the stadium.[/QUOTE]

This. I get the new facilities and demands to remain current is high - and you must accommodate the upgrades with higher prices a bit, but there must also be an accommodation, and not just a token one, of the grass roots supporters and their needs. And if that means newer seats at cheaper prices then do it.

Alienating a segment of the membership for a few extra bucks will cost way more on the long run.

Go Catters

Yes its warmer but almost feel like a long distance spectator. Viewing is good... but its OK on TV too. Just feel like it not really the same. Its almost footy light. Its condom football. The old seat used give me splinters...now no splinters ..the plastic one are just cold.. how appropriate.

Haha pick up free copy of the addy and sit on it, warms the seat nicely:thumbsu:

So the new stand will be "premium seating", does that translate to paying platinum prices for seats? The seats they are removing are either social club members, or for us general folk predominately silver & bronze (yes the Ron Hovey room is gold). But if seats that were bronze in 2015 are suddenly considered gold or platinum in 2017, I can see it driving families away from taking up reserved seats and maybe even memberships if they feel priced out.

2015 seating prices at Simonds:
junior: bronze: $61, silver $77, gold $106 & platinum $131
adult/concession: bronze - $122, silver $154, $213 & platinum $262.

say we are lucky to have similar prices in 2017, and the seating grades do go up to even just gold that is an extra $30 to $50+ for juniors, or an extra $60 to $100 for adults - try telling a family with 1 or 2 adults and maybe 2 kids they need to find an extra $200 to $300 for seating and see what the response is.

Platinum behind the goals? Ouch

Surely platinum gets you on a wing or somewhere?

Arhhh no... you can see why I'm slightly of put. I think will be trying to get in the new stand , if that doesn't work it may be VFL and Foxtel for me in a couple of years time.
Cant find an official layout n the Cats website...so no sure of the accuracy of this but it seems current...
Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 8.41.23 pm.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 8.49.00 pm.png

So I wonder ...does Lounge Membership include seats or do you just standup in a big room ...like the one the Billy is advertising every home game?

If it involved seats and lounge access ..it sounds sort like a Social club alternative.

And premium seats... I can only believe that they will be spaced and tiered the same as the Players and the Premiership stands....

Arhhh no... you can see why I'm slightly of put. I think will be trying to get in the new stand , if that doesn't work it may be VFL and Foxtel for me in a couple of years time.
Cant find an official layout n the Cats website...so no sure of the accuracy of this but it seems current...
View attachment 161431

That is pretty current - only real differences I can see between that image and what is available through the ticketmaster seating chart is:
- platinum seating in the players stand is the whole middle section, so the little gold section above bay 4 is now platinum also.
- Ablett Terrace end, only the standing area up the top is standing area now. Bays 15 through 20 are general admission and the same depth as bays 10 to 13. Bays 13 & 14 are still silver, but they are appear standardised not with 14 hooking behind 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back