News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it this week they were hitting the council for the extra millions?
Hopefully the council's decision to can the floating Xmas tree is paving the way for the $$ saved to be channelled into Simonds Stadium. Seriously the council cannot afford not to invest

Geelong's mayor has taken a swipe at the Geelong Football Club over major faults in its multi-million-dollar Players Stand, that are keeping people away from the ground. Darryn Lyons has told his Mayor On Air program on 93.9 BayFM he has been inundated with complaints that some parts of the stand are unusable in rainy or windy weather.

http://www.bayfm.com.au/bay-fm-feat...r-the-truth-about-our-floating-christmas-tree

Geelong's mayor has taken a swipe at the Geelong Football Club over major faults in its multi-million-dollar Players Stand, that are keeping people away from the ground. Darryn Lyons has told his Mayor On Air program on 93.9 BayFM he has been inundated with complaints that some parts of the stand are unusable in rainy or windy weather.

http://www.bayfm.com.au/bay-fm-feat...r-the-truth-about-our-floating-christmas-tree
Is it that the Football Club's fault?

They do not own or manage the stadium.

Management is also going to be taken over by the Trust. Perhaps he making a point to get the State Government via the trust to chuck in some extra coin to fix the problem.

My assumption is that this was caused by the shortfall in funding over the stands, or was this the next stand?

Hopefully the council's decision to can the floating Xmas tree is paving the way for the $$ saved to be channelled into Simonds Stadium. Seriously the council cannot afford not to invest
Are they getting rid of the tree??

Oh man... my little fella loved that

Ffs he is a halfwit...

Breaking news! People at the footy may get wet and or cold!! Stop the presses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ffs he is a halfwit...

Breaking news! People at the footy may get wet and or cold!! Stop the presses!

Where do you sit Willo? I have heard several people raise how unprotected it is down the bottom , the wind just race's thru. Surely that can t be so hard to fix. Being someone up the top , i have not had that issue myself , my issues relate to other points of dislike with the stand.

Where do you sit Willo? I have heard several people raise how unprotected it is down the bottom , the wind just race's thru. Surely that can t be so hard to fix. Being someone up the top , i have not had that issue myself , my issues relate to other points of dislike with the stand.
I'm in the bottom level, a couple of bays around from the Premiership stand... if it rains I may get wet, but I also knew that going in that I wasn't undercover

Most of the comments I have heard are not wet , just the wind and the cold... it was not like that in the old stand.
I never had a seat in the old stand, I don't notice the wind... if it's cold it's cold...not much can be done about that

Never sat there but I've heard the wind can get brutal.

I sit further up. The wind CAN get brutal. I had a seat in the old stand and it was nothing like this. I went to a night match last year - can't remember what for, VFL final maybe. I sat in the Players stand and then moved over to my regular seat. The difference was huge. It's all about the freezing wind. You couldn't even feel it in the Players stand. It is a design fault, due to the shortfall in funds possibly.

Id say there is some sort of design issue , I disagree that nothing could be done to prevent wind chill.
Yeah but as I said I don't notice the wind in my seat, I'm not disputing it effects some... just hasn't effected me.

The only time the cold has really got me was the Melbourne game... but people everywhere were cold that arvo

Mark August 25th in the diary, that's the big date as far as the proposed ground re-development goes. It all seems to come down to the council meeting that night as to whether they'll cough up the $6 million the club wants out of them for it to go ahead in October this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back