News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

koch.jpg

kill-it-with-fire.jpg

If stage 4 is going to increase capacity to 36,500 then surely stage 5 will push the capacity to 40,000 right? The Ford Stand and the Northern/Gary Ablett Terrace don't look overly big so I have to believe that if stage 4 can add 3k to the capacity then stage 5 is capable of doing the same. Is that a fair assumption?

Once stage 4 is complete you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to secure the $60m funding to finally finish KP.
Not so sure it'll happen, I'd love 40k+ but talking to the architects made me think 38ish might be the final plan. Hope I'm wrong...

I see we will push for 9 home games in Geelong year after next...

I'm guessing that means home games against the Bombers/Blues in Geelong and maybe a Richmond...

I hadn't noticed that.... awful name if true

Cant be any worse than now...half the media still call it Skilled.. every time I hear it I think "If that was my money , id want 5000 back every time they call it someone else.

So a strong break from the S sound might be good. Just wish we could come up with someone for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see we will push for 9 home games in Geelong year after next...

I'm guessing that means home games against the Bombers/Blues in Geelong and maybe a Richmond...

There isn't any reason why these teams shouldn't have to play in Geelong. Even if we're looking at things from a crowds/membership angle:

Carlton and Essendon are complete rubbish right now and will be for the next few years. Crowds have been falling and they don't have the membership numbers that Pies/Hawks/Tigers do.

I believe there were only 40,000 at the Collingwood game a few weeks ago, much better suited to a packed out Kardinia Park than a half-full MCG.

Hawthorn members are massive bandwagoners who will mostly stop attending when they start losing a few games. What was their membership like before 2008?

Richmond have played in Geelong recently and aren't the sleeping giant/off-field juggernaut that people would have you believe, just teasing again and will be mediocre again in a few more years.

There isn't any reason why these teams shouldn't have to play in Geelong. Even if we're looking at things from a crowds/membership angle:

Carlton and Essendon are complete rubbish right now and will be for the next few years. Crowds have been falling and they don't have the membership numbers that Pies/Hawks/Tigers do.

I believe there were only 40,000 at the Collingwood game a few weeks ago, much better suited to a packed out Kardinia Park than a half-full MCG.

Hawthorn members are massive bandwagoners who will mostly stop attending when they start losing a few games. What was their membership like before 2008?

Richmond have played in Geelong recently and aren't the sleeping giant/off-field juggernaut that people would have you believe, just teasing again and will be mediocre again in a few more years.
And apart from all of that more importantly....Who cares if none of their fans get in

Also does this stage of the redevelopment include the removal of the growling cat noise? Have heard it on TV before, but caught the Bulldogs game earlier in the year whilst back home and it was even more cringeworthy in person.

And apart from all of that more importantly....Who cares if none of their fans get in

Eddie would blow a gasket. Don't forget Freo's hissy fit regarding the final either and Caro/KB/Brendan Gale's desperate attempt at moving the Richmond game a few years ago.

And on the naming rights - why the need to change it every 3-4 years? Simonds' brand attached to an AFL stadium would be highly lucrative for them and fans are becoming confused (don't know how often I've heard it referred to as Shell or Skilled Stadium despite those days being gone). Honestly can't fathom why the club and Simonds wouldn't want to renew the rights after only four years.

Also does this stage of the redevelopment include the removal of the growling cat noise? Have heard it on TV before, but caught the Bulldogs game earlier in the year whilst back home and it was even more cringeworthy in person.
My young lad will be very disappointed if that goes. He loves it.

Eddie would blow a gasket. Don't forget Freo's hissy fit regarding the final either and Caro/KB/Brendan Gale's desperate attempt at moving the Richmond game a few years ago.

And on the naming rights - why the need to change it every 3-4 years? Simonds' brand attached to an AFL stadium would be highly lucrative for them and fans are becoming confused (don't know how often I've heard it referred to as Shell or Skilled Stadium despite those days being gone). Honestly can't fathom why the club and Simonds wouldn't want to renew the rights after only four years.
Money talks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back