News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie would blow a gasket. Don't forget Freo's hissy fit regarding the final either and Caro/KB/Brendan Gale's desperate attempt at moving the Richmond game a few years ago.

And on the naming rights - why the need to change it every 3-4 years? Simonds' brand attached to an AFL stadium would be highly lucrative for them and fans are becoming confused (don't know how often I've heard it referred to as Shell or Skilled Stadium despite those days being gone). Honestly can't fathom why the club and Simonds wouldn't want to renew the rights after only four years.
So you're telling me that it's not called Baytec Stadium anymore!?:eek:

Side bar - but that 7 minute video on the website regarding the video with Cook encapsulates why I love this club.
Well spoken, discussing not just the stand etc, but the reasoning behind, net community/club benefit etc.

We're in good hands.

Side bar - but that 7 minute video on the website regarding the video with Cook encapsulates why I love this club.
Well spoken, discussing not just the stand etc, but the reasoning behind, net community/club benefit etc.

We're in good hands.
I thought the same thing, he is just such an impressive operator

I thought the same thing, he is just such an impressive operator
I might go through the video again and pull out a few key points, but I was super impressed with it. Not a puff piece just on the size of it, but everything else.

Am fanboy-ing as we speak.

Players race and change rooms for duration of developement:
CO6SKOWUsAIIFX-.jpg
CO6SKOxUwAAcIGv.jpg

warm up area near Deakin Cats. Changerooms other side of race near Premiership stand lift lobby on inside.

Does anyone know what that middle gap in the brownlow stand is? Just entry/disabled seating?

Does anyone know what that middle gap in the brownlow stand is? Just entry/disabled seating?
173115_abc3c9ee62b7c77d76df8dac6545cd0c.png

The concrete area about 10 or so rows back from the bench ?
Doesn't look like an entrance.I think it must be wheelchair area.Obviously a few seats would be there for carers.

There's no players race either side of the bench.Will Geelongs permanent race be where the ambulance is parked [the huge entrance] or is it that race to the right of the bench ?

The concrete area about 10 or so rows back from the bench ?
Doesn't look like an entrance.I think it must be wheelchair area.Obviously a few seats would be there for carers.

There's no players race either side of the bench.Will Geelongs permanent race be where the ambulance is parked [the huge entrance] or is it that race to the right of the bench ?
Yep that's what I thought, seems like an unusual spot for it is all.

I think the new race looks like it will be in the old Jennings Stand, you can sort of make it out. There's a few oddities that I'm not sure if they're apart of the actual design or some flaws in the editing, like that white strip through the middle of the Jennings Stand. Regardless looks awesome can't wait till its done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to me to be the entrance - you walk through here to access the seating.
Might be standing room area like they have at the Gold Coast? The entrances to the seating areas look to be to the left and tight of that area.

Might be standing room area like they have at the Gold Coast? The entrances to the seating areas look to be to the left and tight of that area.
I see it as connecting the seating to the amenities behind. These pictures show it better:

image.jpg image.jpg

Which makes me think that it will be alfresco standing type area that ties in with an amenities area back in the stand
If you look at other modern stadiums there's usually disabled access at the back of the seating area and yes, behind that people can stand. I don't think it is a designated standing area per se though. You're not going to get 100s of people standing there.

Coaches boxes above the benches? and that will be the players race under the Social Club

Geelong players race where Jennings stand was.
Both team and umpire benches on wing.
Area above is, if I recall correctly, connected to the main entrance and provides a grand vista of the ground to visitors and spectators arriving at the ground. Might also be used for disabled spectators, filtering spectators to various seating sections and perhaps even Gold Coast style standing or GWS style BBQ areas- who knows?
There will be a lot of amenities located immediately behind this space (merchandise, refreshments, etc) so it will no doubt be a popular place to stop and watch Dan Menzel take a big grab whilst on your way to get a pie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back