Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I understand there are threads around where this chat will no doubt go, but this cut is the biggest of the lot so far and, probably, the most discussable bit of list culling Freo has made in years. This embodies the club's stance, draft pick selection, our links with Aboriginal players and people, and where we'll now get a bit of run from.

Personally, I said a few things out loud when I just saw the news. Very disappointing as a fan, but just so depressing for the young man. I understand footy isn't life or death, AFL isn't everything, and that (remote) Indigenous people have a completely refreshing, different take on professional football, but it still just seems a real bout of the unfortunate for all concerned.

Two games is never enough for most guys. Two games for a first rounder and someone of intense potential is just a waste.

“Although Josh has been formally delisted, the club will continue to work with him and his management to provide appropriate levels of support and assistance into 2015.”
Can't see him being re rookied after this comment. Glad the club will support him still.

A few things.

1. Genuinely hope he gets his life together, a tough situation, hopefully it all works for the best.

2. Genuine waste of talent

3. Genuine waste of a first round pick.... Bond and Lloyd other than with hill, have regularly thrown out first picks away... I reckon even I could fluke a good pick with a first rounder here or there... Bloody frustrating

Bound to happen. Wasn't from lack of trying from the clubs POV though so kudos to them. Worth a shot.

Real shame though, just another potential star added to the "could have beens" pile.

I know its a rookie mistake, but reading some of the comments regarding it on Facebook actually makes me want to throw up in my mouth. "Wasn't even any good", apparently...

Gutted though. Had hoped against hope that he'd make it.

I'm really sad about this. Although I completely get it and am mainly in concurrence, I worry for the bloke and hope he and the family will be okay heading back to Yalgoo. There was so much talent there and it sucks we couldn't find a way to help him revel in it.

Good luck for the future, mate.

Might be the final kick in the arse Josh needs. He could go away and work his butt off at another level and get given another chance at Freo or another club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few things.

1. Genuinely hope he gets his life together, a tough situation, hopefully it all works for the best.

3. Genuine waste of a first round pick.... Bond and Lloyd other than with hill, have regularly thrown out first picks away... I reckon even I could fluke a good pick with a first rounder here or there... Bloody frustrating

This

Freo have recruited well but wasted a number if first round picks. Hope Freo get it right this draft.

If he continued to struggle after the separate program was set up mid year I can't see Freo relisting him (unless like beetz said its somewhere down the road). Always hope for the Cinderella story but not to be this time so all the best Josh and hope he carves it up whatever jumper he's wearing.

Last edited:
Bond and Lloyd other than with hill, have regularly thrown out first picks away... I reckon even I could fluke a good pick with a first rounder here or there... Bloody frustrating

It's hardly throwing away a first round pick when a player does 3 knees and another a a freak heart condition that was undetected, it's bad luck.

This will bring a tear to your eye

And if that didn't this will.

Good luck Josh. You've achieved a lot in playing at the AFL level and 99% of people on this board have not achieved that (and I'm not claiming to be the 1%). "Gatorade in the eyes. It stings but, yeah, it's good".

Last edited:
I dont agree that it was a waste of a pick, he was certainly the best player available and probably slipped to Freos selection. The next 10 picks after haven't been that flash. Worth a shot.

I'm really sad for the kid, but he put his own name down for it after wasting so many chances. So much wasted potential for him, and wasted time & a draft pick for Freo. At the time I thought it was a great pick up because he had so much upside as a player, and we saw that in the game he played this year.

A few things.

bit harsh that bit. Pitt had a heart condition..Morabito 3 knee reconstructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back