List Mgmt. Simpson Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasn't able to carve a footy career out for himself with the massive support and assistance of an AFL club then there's no way he's going to be able to do it independently next year, or in future years. If he doesn't get rookied this year then this will be the last we hear of him in a footballing sense.

He was worth the risk at pick 17 though, hopefully Mason Shaw doesn't end up developing into the key-forward that we are crying out for as he is the other guy that we were considering at pick 17.
I'm pretty certain the club would have picked someone else at that pick besides shaw... if Simpson had been off the table. Shaw went mid 30s from memory.

Never mind the lotto, I'd like these hindsight heroes to make a list of 20 guaranteed guns in this years draft.

People seem to be confusing missing out on Darling as meaning that Pitt was no good.

How can I be a hindsight hero when I was gunning for Darling all along.

It's not hindsight at all.

To put it in perspective, I was gunning for Butcher instead of Morabito as well.

Unfortunately the Simpson saga at Freo will make (perhaps only to a small degree) it harder for some kids from the indigenous community to be drafted into the AFL. That will be a shame if it were to happen that way.

Freo will be reluctant to draft any player in the near future with any personal circumstances or issues that will stop them from developing to their full potential I think.

If he was silly enough to not even turn up for a flight was bound to do something eventually with an attitude like that.
The thing is, I just don't think players sook that easily. I reckon it takes a few dominos for it to all come to that end. I honestly think there's more to this and we'll never know

Pick 20 was the absolute maximum we were ever going to get for him, and probably overs. He has looked good this year as a physical half-forward/tagger, but that's not the type of player you want to draft with pick 7. His ACL ruined him imo

Ironically enough, a half-forward tagger of limited ability is who we chose to select over Simpson for the Sydney game, and indirectly led to this whole mess.

How can I be a hindsight hero when I was gunning for Darling all along.

It's not hindsight at all.

Were you saying Pitt was a bust all along, or just that Darling was the better choice.

It's fine if you preferred Darling, it's the writing off of Pitt that's stupid and unfair.

Pitt would have been a bust without the heart condition, not sure why that is being brought up to defend the pick.
you knew this in 2010 after the name was called?
I did, especially when Darling was still on the table.

Were you saying Pitt was a bust all along, or just that Darling was the better choice.

How would I know if a healthy Pitt was a bust or not?

Would have preferred Darling at that pick because he was available. More than happy with Pitt if Darling was off the table.

How would I know if a healthy Pitt was a bust or not?

Would have preferred Darling at that pick because he was available. More than happy with Pitt if Darling was off the table.

Then you must have misunderstood what UFO Tatsu was asking, I have no problem with what you have said above.

I think you are mistaking the "draft pick" with Pitt's career. Unless, you seriously was going to call Pitt's career in 2010 because there was some magical correlation between him and where Darling was going to play.

He struggled at WAFL level to get a kick. Played one decent game against Adelaide. Heart condition or not he wasn't playing great footy. Surface to say he may have impressed in under 18s comp.

He struggled at WAFL level to get a kick. Played one decent game against Adelaide. Heart condition or not he wasn't playing great footy. Surface to say he may have impressed in under 18s comp.

He had 20 (and 6 handballs) in his last ever game of football. I wonder if it's possible that the skinny 20 year might've been improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically enough, a half-forward tagger of limited ability is who we chose to select over Simpson for the Sydney game, and indirectly led to this whole mess.

Yeah, nah. This is all squarely at the feet of Simpson, no need to make flimsy excuses for him.

If he's the type to lose his s**t after getting dropped then keeping him in the team only would have delayed the inevitable.

Correct.

Every now and then I make a spelling or grammatical mistake like everyone else on here. Yet you pick me up for it but not others. Not sure why but no need to act like a smug w....er.
I don't do it to intentionally be a git. But your typos aren't simple keystroke errors, they're completely different words. As in "How have you 'being' man" or something along those lines. Nobody else makes them as bad, and if they did, i'd pull them up too. Are you not a teacher??

I don't do it to intentionally be a git. But your typos aren't simple keystroke errors, they're completely different words. As in "How have you 'being' man" or something along those lines. Nobody else makes them as bad, and if they did, i'd pull them up too. Are you not a teacher??

No you are being a git. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ah ,a spelling guru.If his spelling upsets you don't read his posts :rolleyes:

1st rounders over time have shown to be around a 50% hit rate.

The hit ratio is poor, but is made to look worse by freak injuries/conditions.

I think the club is falling into the trap of drafting guys on "potential" not current condition / fit for the game.

We're taking way too many punts and taking guys above their level because we think our drafting is really good. Its the classic Hill vs Rich selection we took. We've been taking too many Hills and not enough Richs. Pitt, Simpson, Apeness - all three of those guys were very big risks for a 1st round pick.

Aside from Fyfe we've actually got a pretty average record at drafting.

Really disappointed that Josh wasn't able to get up and satisfy the club he was willing to participate at the level required. Reading the article on the club website, I cant read 'redrafting' anywhere in that. I'll be disappointed for a few days and we'll all move on.
My favourite memory is when I showed my wife a picture of him in the circle after the Essenfon game and she asked what was in his mouth, I answered 'his teeth'. He clearly loved playing but it looks like that's where it ended. The other stuff was too much. Geez I'd love to see him on our list again one day when he's more capable dealing with all that is required of an AFL player. Best of luck too him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back