Sinclair moving back to rookie list ... or not

Remove this Banner Ad

So during the post match members video by Alan Richardson he mentioned that Sinclair will now be dropping out of the primary list and back into Rookie Status.

I thought Ahmed Saad would have been the first dropped seeing as he wasn't even getting a game and Sinclair was playing fairly well.
Not sure if Saad is also being dropped back as well. Do we have two long term injury guys back this week?

Bit sad for Sinclair as he is currently number 2 on the AFL Player Rankings for 1st year players

As someone said in the review thread, hopefully this allows the likes of Acres, Templeton or Saunders to come into the team for a block of games. Don't get me wrong, I love Sincs, the boy is a gun, but let's try & view it as a positive for some of our other youngsters to get a crack.

I'm quite certain that Sincs will be our mid-year upgrade rookie anyway, and that's only 4 rounds away :)

well here is an opportunity for another lad to step up and cement a spot in the team.

Word is the club would have drafted Sincs in the ND if they had another pick / spot.

He'll be back.

Love the kid, a shame for his good first-year player rating, but have to look at the bigger picture.

He could've used a rest; this allows someone else who's been performing in the VFL to have a run... Plus it's not too long until the mid-season upgrade, is it?

This also might be a positive for Sincs. He has had exposure to the top level, now he can go back and work hard on his game for a few rounds in the VFL and come back fitter and smarter!

i could be wrong but i've seen clubs take players off the rookie list for an injured player, then upgrade another player...surely we can do this?
Unsure, but I'm quite sure that there's a limit to LTI/rookie upgrades or there is a cost incurred, no use doing it for 2 weeks as Seb will be back soon as well.

Really though, what a luxury to have no long term injuries, seems like it has been a long time since we've been injury free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really odd decision. He wasn't great yesterday but if I was picking between him and Saad would take him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Maybe with Lonie getting injured we wanted some small forward back up?

I dunno. The game has moved away from players who can't push up the ground and make an impact. I had many arguments with people on here regarding picking Saad and stand by my view that he should be nowhere near our list.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo
PRE3976.jpg

Bring back the Sink:(

He is a composed kid

He needs to look beyond 30m though...
He kicks short 95% of the time... Opposition will wake upto his habit of stop, prop and chip soon...

He needs to vary his game

He is a composed kid

He needs to look beyond 30m though...
He kicks short 95% of the time... Opposition will wake upto his habit of stop, prop and chip soon...

He needs to vary his game

teams are moving towards short fast possession based game. watch the sydney vs freo game, absolutely destroys the zone

He's had a taste, I'm sure he will be dreaming about a return

Unfortunately rookies are only in because there are players missing out of the senior core. We seem to have a really clean bill of health so spots in the VFL team and the upgraded rookies are a victim of that positive news. We probably know more about him that a few of our senior listed players who might be playing for their careers.

Will allow him to have greater midfield time in the VFL and to take a bit of a breather, which I doubt will do him any harm. Opens up a potential spot for Minch, which is a positive. Alternatively, Saad is another one who could come in and have another chance to show that he can still get it done at the level, or Eli could get a longer crack at it.

Not a fan of this but not much you can do. Sinclair has been taking centre bounces as well so it's not like he can just be replaced by someone like Saad. On the bright side though at least we've jagged another rookie which is what flag teams do.

You'd think someone like Eli or Minch will get a decent run but I think it's more likely that Ray and Ross will be the ones to come in.

Last edited:
Will allow him to have greater midfield time in the VFL and to take a bit of a breather, which I doubt will do him any harm. Opens up a potential spot for Minch, which is a positive. Alternatively, Saad is another one who could come in and have another chance to show that he can still get it done at the level, or Eli could get a longer crack at it.
Im hoping Minch can come in and play the same role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back