Single Entity Teams That Have Disappeared In The Last 25 Years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by LFC
Nah mate they are throwing $$$ around like nobody's business. They are quite financial, and only need to recruit a quality couple of players capable of bringing more with them a la Sorell this season, and they'll be right on track.

That's good, last time I went to see them play (against Claremont in I think 2001, or 2000) they were passing around the tins trying to keep themselves alive. So it's good to see they aren't struggling financially.

Re: Single Entity Teams That Have Disappeared In The Last 25 Years

Originally posted by rightfoot_sloth
In the WRFL they have lost Kealba Green Gully, Ascot Vale, Newport, East Newport and West Newport. Also they have North Melbourne-Kensington bu they were kicked out.

Was Kealba Green Gully one team, or did you mean to mention them as two: Kealba, Green Gully?

I only have a reference for a Kealba FC.

Also do you happen to know, prior to the WRFL coming about in 2000, which clubs were in the FDFL and which were in the WSFL?

I've never been able to find out!

This post is bumped from ages i do realise. I found it through google.

Can add north fawkner, moomba park fawkner park, east coburg, meadow heights, broadmeadows ycw, merlinstom,

Donnybrook (1980)

Wow had no idea that Donnybrook used to have a team :eek:
I would say there is a very strong chance that a junior club maybe even a senior one could be formed there within the next 5 years especially because of it's close proximity to Cragieburn (about a 5min drive from the big new Highlands estate) and the growing areas to the north of it. It even has two ovals that junior clubs played on a few seasons ago.

A club that died and killed a league with it is Devenish Football Club. The old Benalla and District League only had 6 teams in it so once Devenish folded so did the league.

Another club i know of recently which may be in trouble is Thornton-Eildon. They were a very strong club only 5 years ago but are now in it's 2nd year of recess and i think thats the same with the junior club too :( very sad to see things like that happen.

They sure did! A relative of mine won there last ever bnf back in 1980 they wore geelong jumpers. Actually the club was founded before craigieburn but folded in 1980

This post is bumped from ages i do realise. I found it through google.

Can add north fawkner, moomba park fawkner park, east coburg, meadow heights, broadmeadows ycw, merlinstom,

Paramount Football club, in Merlynston, St Olivers FC..

Thanks to the closing of sawmills, Ringarooma folded this year in the NEFU.

On the brighter side Meander Valley Suns were formed ( a Leven FA club that services Hagley and Westbury.)

Thanks to the closing of sawmills, Ringarooma folded this year in the NEFU.

On the brighter side Meander Valley Suns were formed ( a Leven FA club that services Hagley and Westbury.)

Latrobe Saints folded this year in the Leven FA as well. Could have a few more clubs in Tasmania fold next season if results are anything to go by and the state of the economy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampden Region

Heytesbury Football League (no longer in existence)

Timboon FC (Merged with Heytsebury to form Timboon Demons - WDFL)
Heytesbury (" ")
Scotts Creek
Port Campbell
Princetown
South Purrumbete
Nirranda South (Merged with Nirranda - WDFL)

Mount Noorat FL (no longer in existence)
Glenormiston
College
Glenormiston South
Noorat (merged with Kolora - WDFL)
Kolora (" with Noorat - WDFL)
Ecklin
The Sisters
Hexham
Purnim Bears

Warrnambool & District FL
Tower Hill
Grassmere (merged with Bushfield to form what is today North Warrnambool - HFL)
Bushfield (" ")
Yambuk

Hampden FL
Mortlake (partial merger with Terang after Western Lions)
Coragulac (merged with Colac - now in Geelong FL)

The Wunghnu Magpies (Collingwood colours but with an all black back & black & white hooped socks) folded in the Picola League in 2010 after suffering through years of floggings (thier seniors would regularly get beaten by 30 goals plus in most games), it's a sad sight the ground now, because thier cricket club also folded and no-one uses the ground or the rooms, it just lays idle and lonely:(, just like the Ground at Devenish (red & white stripes)after they folded.

Thornton/Eildon (North Melbourne Colours, but they did wear a Royal Blue with a White Yoke), also folded at the end of 2010 after winning the Yarra Valley Mountain District FL's 2nd Division in 2007.

Sadly, I think that there could be more added on that list if there's no improvement concerning Ardmona or Longwood:(

Single Entity Teams That Have Disappeared In The Last 25 Years.

Newlands FC .... or Newlands/Coburg? Football club?

Holy Child FC ? I'm not too sure but i definately remember these Clubs

Yep holy child broadmeadows bandits dallas.. Eddie mcguire said on emt 2 weeks ago that 6 clubs in the broadmeadowd area had folded scince the early 80's with only jacana left. Can add meadow heights to that
List aswell

Yep holy child broadmeadows bandits dallas.. Eddie mcguire said on emt 2 weeks ago that 6 clubs had folded scince the early 80's with only jacana left
:thumbsu: Cheers mate,
Eddie needs to get back to the area and the struggling clubs within it & throw some knowledge/coin around before there is a 7th

Brunswick city?? Wore Collingwood jumpers from memory, i remember playing juniors against them...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back