Skippos's 2015 Draft Resource

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry about the delayed responses fellas. Had a minor procedure done which put me out of action for a bit.

Will he be back playing this season?

Doubt it.

who are some of the 2016 sa draft prospects?

We've got a thread for that in the main draft board. Milera, Francis, Partington, Burton and Bonner the main five I'd suggest.

Hey skippos, likelyhood of essendon picking curnow over parish.. Parish seems like a perfect fit for them. If essendon do take parish will the saints take curnow with the next pick? Or look at someone like balic. Cheers

Unlikely. I'd suggest they look at replenishing that midfield early at all costs. Curnow's a risk, a club like Essendon probably can't afford that right now.

Hi skippos , crows losing their draft position with this late season surge
I have bonner, milera, tucker and AhChee on the board for option with 1 st round pick presuming we don't shock with a tall

Who do you draft for Adelaide out of those guys and why?

What order do you think those aforementioned go in?

I'd draft Tucker. Just fits our needs that little bit better being more of a natural linebreaker and traditional footballer. Ah Chee a close second.

Honesly, the order of those four could be anything. I suspect clubs would rank them all very differently.

I watched the game and I feel Curnow is trying to wrestle for his Marks instead of continually presenting on the lead, this may be due to his lack of fitness through missing a large chunk of the season and only recently returning to playing. I haven't seen enough of him to make judgement on his forward playing style of leading patterns or whether he prefers to use his strength to win the ball in the air. For those who suggest he could go through the midfield I feel are a long way off, look forward to other opinions.

He's very raw. The ability is there but in terms of pure forward play he's got a lot to learn in terms of positioning, patterns and physicality. He's a project.

Hi Skippos, I'm curious as to how you rate this year's prospects against the last few years. It's difficult given the different amounts of exposed form but what would your rankings look like if the kids in 2013, 2014 and 2015 were all in the same draft?

The top 10-20 I think are even or slightly better this year. Depth wise last year is much better.

I'll try and rank my top 60 (3x top 20s in one list) from these three drafts, considering how I rated each player at the time. So no hindsight. This is a bit of guesswork as it's hard to remember exactly how I rated blokes from two years ago, but nonetheless. Brayshaw slots in there just before Moore, forgot him but cbf updating the list.

Last year I really rated the top six or seven, moreso than the other years, but this year I much prefer the 7-20 range. After about 25 this year there's a massive, massive drop.

1. Jacob Weitering
2. Tom Boyd
3. Christian Petracca
4. Isaac Heeney
5. Joshua Schache
6. Darcy Moore
7. Patrick McCartin
8. Aaron Francis
9. Jake Lever
10. Matthew Scharenberg
11. James Aish
12. Jacob Hopper
13. Callum Mills
14. Jack Billings
15. Luke McDonald
16. Darcy Parish
17. Rhys Mathieson
18. Marcus Bontempelli
19. Matthew Kennedy
20. Charlie Curnow
21. Josh Kelly
22. Connor Blakely
23. Blake Acres
24. Lachie Weller
25. Nakia Cockatoo
26. Callum Ah Chee
27. Kieran Collins
28. Ben Lennon
29. Jack Steele
30. Jarrod Pickett
31. Peter Wright
32. Hugh Goddard
33. Nathan Freeman
34. Riley Bonner
35. Ryan Burton
36. Wayne Milera
37. Jordan De Goey
38. Cam McCarthy
39. Kade Kolodjashnij
40. Harry McKay
41. Eric Hipwood
42. Harley Balic
43. Luke Dunstan
44. Dom Sheed
45. Darcy Gardiner
46. Ben Keays
47. Darcy Tucker
48. Patrick Cripps
49. Jayden Laverde
50. Sam Weideman
51. Connor Menadue
52. Liam Duggan
53. Tom Cutler
54. Christian Salem
55. Sam Durdin
56. Tom Lamb
57. Jarrod Garlett
58. Jarrad Jansen
59. Trent Dumont
60. Lewis Taylor

Sorry about the delayed responses fellas. Had a minor procedure done which put me out of action for a bit.

Doubt it.

We've got a thread for that in the main draft board. Milera, Francis, Partington, Burton and Bonner the main five I'd suggest.

Unlikely. I'd suggest they look at replenishing that midfield early at all costs. Curnow's a risk, a club like Essendon probably can't afford that right now.

I'd draft Tucker. Just fits our needs that little bit better being more of a natural linebreaker and traditional footballer. Ah Chee a close second.

Honesly, the order of those four could be anything. I suspect clubs would rank them all very differently.
Harry Mckay smoky if we end up with geelongs pick 9

Harry Mckay smoky if we end up with geelongs pick 9

I think we're likely to draft McKay, to be honest. Reliable people seem to indicate we're super keen.

Why? I'm not too sure. Tex and JJ is a solid front pairing and Dear is okay coming through. Perhaps (rightfully) we see McKay as a project, and with the 3-4 years he'll need it'll mean Tex is 29-30 and on the way out...so we've got a replacement ready to slot right in. With McKay's athleticism as well as JJs, all three could fit in the same side, I guess. I've got reservations on McKay but AFC have as good a track record at developing KPPs as anyone, so if he's to make it anywhere, it's here.

I think we're likely to draft McKay, to be honest. Reliable people seem to indicate we're super keen.

Why? I'm not too sure. Tex and JJ is a solid front pairing and Dear is okay coming through. Perhaps (rightfully) we see McKay as a project, and with the 3-4 years he'll need it'll mean Tex is 29-30 and on the way out...so we've got a replacement ready to slot right in. With McKay's athleticism as well as JJs, all three could fit in the same side, I guess. I've got reservations on McKay but AFC have as good a track record at developing KPPs as anyone, so if he's to make it anywhere, it's here.
I think it only happens if we have a top 10 pick as I see clubs willing to take a punt on his potential , he will be gone by pick 12 ish ... He has an exciting mix of speed and agility and on a fast improvement curve , he's one that could be anything and not much . I guess adelaide haven't taken that sort of
punt on a matchwinner since the Dangerfield year so one in and one out . I'm happy for them to go that way .... Would be good to have another 1st round pick to use on tucker Bonner milera or ahchee and use our 2nd to get a trade done

Hi Skippos,
Hope you have recovered well.
Bulldogs really need another great delivery of the ball inside 50. Who is the better choice at pick 11? Not a Collins fan, so not considering a KPD at 11. Probably can also see us with picks 29 & 31, who could fill a need of a KPD at those points? Ideally a 195cm+ stopper who isn't slow is required.

I'll try and rank my top 60 (3x top 20s in one list) from these three drafts, considering how I rated each player at the time. So no hindsight. This is a bit of guesswork as it's hard to remember exactly how I rated blokes from two years ago, but nonetheless. Brayshaw slots in there just before Moore, forgot him but cbf updating the list.

Last year I really rated the top six or seven, moreso than the other years, but this year I much prefer the 7-20 range. After about 25 this year there's a massive, massive drop.

1. Jacob Weitering
2. Tom Boyd
3. Christian Petracca
4. Isaac Heeney
5. Joshua Schache
6. Darcy Moore
7. Patrick McCartin
8. Aaron Francis
9. Jake Lever
10. Matthew Scharenberg
11. James Aish
12. Jacob Hopper
13. Callum Mills
14. Jack Billings
15. Luke McDonald
16. Darcy Parish
17. Rhys Mathieson
18. Marcus Bontempelli
19. Matthew Kennedy
20. Charlie Curnow
21. Josh Kelly
22. Connor Blakely
23. Blake Acres
24. Lachie Weller
25. Nakia Cockatoo
26. Callum Ah Chee
27. Kieran Collins
28. Ben Lennon
29. Jack Steele
30. Jarrod Pickett
31. Peter Wright
32. Hugh Goddard
33. Nathan Freeman
34. Riley Bonner
35. Ryan Burton
36. Wayne Milera
37. Jordan De Goey
38. Cam McCarthy
39. Kade Kolodjashnij
40. Harry McKay
41. Eric Hipwood
42. Harley Balic
43. Luke Dunstan
44. Dom Sheed
45. Darcy Gardiner
46. Ben Keays
47. Darcy Tucker
48. Patrick Cripps
49. Jayden Laverde
50. Sam Weideman
51. Connor Menadue
52. Liam Duggan
53. Tom Cutler
54. Christian Salem
55. Sam Durdin
56. Tom Lamb
57. Jarrod Garlett
58. Jarrad Jansen
59. Trent Dumont
60. Lewis Taylor

Great list Skippos, thanks for that. Interesting that you have Weitering even higher than Boyd was rated back in 2013. The hype for him back then was through the roof, I definitely was one who thought he was the second coming of jesus. I'm a massive fan of Weitering this year too and rumours of the dogs potentially trying to get a trade done for pick 1 have me very excited.

Do you see much scope for Weitering to become an elite forward too? I think he has all the attributes but not a lot of exposed form in the position. Seeing him kick 2 goals in a quarter last weekend was promising though.

Great list Skippos, thanks for that. Interesting that you have Weitering even higher than Boyd was rated back in 2013. The hype for him back then was through the roof, I definitely was one who thought he was the second coming of jesus. I'm a massive fan of Weitering this year too and rumours of the dogs potentially trying to get a trade done for pick 1 have me very excited.

Do you see much scope for Weitering to become an elite forward too? I think he has all the attributes but not a lot of exposed form in the position. Seeing him kick 2 goals in a quarter last weekend was promising though.

My weitering evaluation is partially elevated by my sheer certainty that he'll make it.

Like even though Boyd was a freak, I'd have given him a chance of busting. I'd say Weitering is the safest prospect I've seen in a long time. I've just got no doubt he makes the grade, which, given the lower risk, makes him a better prospect.

I'd say Weitering could be a capable forward. He's got the tricks and the smarts. Like Hooker has shown that he's a capable forward late this year. I'd say Cale Hooker forward is about the level Weitering could be, perhaps a little more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the time Zach merrett wasn't a top 20 prospect as evidenced by the fact that he went outside it IRL. I didn't rate him there either. This isn't hindsight, it's how I saw them at the time.
Fair enough.

He's very raw. The ability is there but in terms of pure forward play he's got a lot to learn in terms of positioning, patterns and physicality. He's a project.

The top 10-20 I think are even or slightly better this year. Depth wise last year is much better.

1. Jacob Weitering
2. Tom Boyd
3. Christian Petracca
4. Isaac Heeney
5. Joshua Schache
6. Darcy Moore
7. Patrick McCartin
8. Aaron Francis
9. Jake Lever
10. Matthew Scharenberg
11. James Aish
12. Jacob Hopper
13. Callum Mills
14. Jack Billings
15. Luke McDonald
16. Darcy Parish
17. Rhys Mathieson
18. Marcus Bontempelli
19. Matthew Kennedy
20. Charlie Curnow
21. Josh Kelly
22. Connor Blakely
23. Blake Acres
24. Lachie Weller
25. Nakia Cockatoo
26. Callum Ah Chee
27. Kieran Collins
28. Ben Lennon
29. Jack Steele
30. Jarrod Pickett
31. Peter Wright
32. Hugh Goddard
33. Nathan Freeman
34. Riley Bonner
35. Ryan Burton
36. Wayne Milera
37. Jordan De Goey
38. Cam McCarthy
39. Kade Kolodjashnij
40. Harry McKay
41. Eric Hipwood
42. Harley Balic
43. Luke Dunstan
44. Dom Sheed
45. Darcy Gardiner
46. Ben Keays
47. Darcy Tucker
48. Patrick Cripps
49. Jayden Laverde
50. Sam Weideman
51. Connor Menadue
52. Liam Duggan
53. Tom Cutler
54. Christian Salem
55. Sam Durdin
56. Tom Lamb
57. Jarrod Garlett
58. Jarrad Jansen
59. Trent Dumont
60. Lewis Taylor
Wow you really dont rate Lewis Taylor ? His performed a lot better than those above him by a lot I'd say he should be top 20 at least

Skippos if the opportunity for Essendon to pick either Francis or Parish, who would they take?
I would hope that we would take Francis.
Parish is a good onballer but I think Essendon could get someone of like talent with their Carlisle pick or 23.
I hear GC love parish

Hey skip, when is your next update for the phantom draft planned?

Also do you reckon parsons would be in the 25-55 draft range?

SOS rates Weitering that much that the dogs would have to give up a lot for him to trade pick 1. The way the dogs have built their list I would think it would be counter productive to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back