Skippos's 2015 Draft Resource

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok skippos please give me an preference order of these options for our 2 1st round picks as they stand
H McKay , milera , tucker , ah chee , Collins , Burton

And also a preference between Mitch hibberd and Aidyn Johnson who I think will both be in mix for our 2nd rounder especially if we upgrade it

Wouldn't be surprised if O'Kearney ends up as one of the best of this lot. Very small bust potential as has been previously stated with definite scope for improvement.

I can understand why it was asked. He has been outstanding this year in a premiership side. Big possession getter and kicks goals.
Im not doubting he's a good player, but less than two clubs are interested in him from a combine standpoint. Although it only takes one to draft, its against the odds.

Ok skippos please give me an preference order of these options for our 2 1st round picks as they stand

And also a preference between Mitch hibberd and Aidyn Johnson who I think will both be in mix for our 2nd rounder especially if we upgrade it

Sorry for Jumping in
For me Collins !!! will be a Monster in a couple of years

Throw Curnow in that lot and any of these 3 I'd be happy with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think of Hibberd to the Saints at pick 14? Is there much point trading into the top 10? There just doesn't seem to be much separation between the top 10 and the mid-late first round.

Yeah now we're in my zone. Supercoach rewards ball winners and users. Contested ball and intercept possessions are very conducive. Taking into account positioning and assumig you mandate KPPs be played at CHB/FB/CHF/FF I'd go like this.

1. Weitering
2. Francis
3. Hopper
4. Mills
5. Mathieson
6. Parish
7. Kennedy
8. Schache
9. Curnow
10. Balic
11. Keays
~gap~
12. Gresham
13. Ah Chee
14. Oliver
15. Bonner
16. Tucker
17. Hibberd

With pick 3 I'd probably go with Francis unless Weitering is there for your defender. Pick 6 I'd consider looking at Hunter - beginning to believe he's the real deal and immediate points are very valuable. Gray/Hall still undecided on. Pick 6 I'd be grabbing the best mid available otherwise, likely an inside mid if we're talking SC. Pick 12 if you want a forward Curnow might be there - failing that Ah Chee perhaps? I'm in a similar boat in a keeper league with similar picks, so have been thinking along these lines for awhile!

Hey Skippos, been a follower of both your thread and KM's thread but never thought to post any q's for you.

Just on your player ranking based on SC position, would this have changed since you first posted this?
I've been playing in a fantasy league with mates for 7 years now and after success early on with an older team it's fallen into a heap for me winning the wooden spoon this year. If you had picks 1,19,37 etc but both your defence and mid lines has issues (ie only a few young potential elite in both lines) would you pick Weitering at 1 and a mid later or go for one of Hopper/Mills and pick up a defender later on? I'm thinking I can trade one of my older stars to land myself another top 10/15 pick.

Since you're an SA man, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about how you think Adelaide's 2013 and 2014 draftees are tracking? Crouch seems to be finding himself a spot in the best 22 and Lever was a great get last year. How are Knight, Wigg, McGovern and Dear going? Have you watched any of their games this year?

Last edited:
Hey skip,

if partington, Clarke and o'kearney get picked up before ports first pick at 32 who do you think would be suitable for the team?
We need a inside mid preferably big bodied but I reckon the blokes above will just be outside our grasp

What do you think of Hibberd to the Saints at pick 14? Is there much point trading into the top 10? There just doesn't seem to be much separation between the top 10 and the mid-late first round.

Yeah I think the gap between 11-25 is pretty minor. So the Dogs' trade was terrific.

Hibberd that early is a punt but I can understand it. Athletic, tall outside type with good skills. He's nice. I'd more think 20s for him but it's not something I'd look at and just be baffled.

Hey Skippos, been a follower of both your thread and KM's thread but never thought to post any q's for you.

Just on your player ranking based on SC position, would this have changed since you first posted this?
I've been playing in a fantasy league with mates for 7 years now and after success early on with an older team it's fallen into a heap for me winning the wooden spoon this year. If you had picks 1,19,37 etc but both your defence and mid lines has issues (ie only a few young potential elite in both lines) would you pick Weitering at 1 and a mid later or go for one of Hopper/Mills and pick up a defender later on? I'm thinking I can trade one of my older stars to land myself another top 10/15 pick.

Since you're an SA man, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about how you think Adelaide's 2013 and 2014 draftees are tracking? Crouch seems to be finding himself a spot in the best 22 and Lever was a great get last year. How are Knight, Wigg, McGovern and Dear going? Have you watched any of their games this year?

Kennedy goes up a little. Balic down a little. Oliver up a little, Ryan Clarke enters the mix.

In your situation it's tough. If your league requires you to play realistic KPPs in KPP slots, Weitering is your man. What he'll offer over other KPDs is worth it. But to treat him as a blank defender like a Bonner? Nope. I'd go mid. Any of Hopper, Mathieson, Kennedy, Mills and Parish acceptable - some will get games quicker, others will have a higher scoring ceiling. A Bonner type could be there at 19 to help your defensive issues.

Knight's tracking well. He's a solid player, like what I see. Wigg is highly rated internally and does have a good boot. I was cynical of the pick but I'm beginning to see it, he's gained a yard of pace I reckon which means he's not as much of a defensive liability. McGovern is 21. He'll be the same age as a fourth year player next year - I'd like to see more from him; if you pick up a mature age player they should be good enough to play round one. McGovern wasn't. Dear - as with all late picks, is a massive project. One who's likely to fail, but he's still shown a little.

Hey skip,

if partington, Clarke and o'kearney get picked up before ports first pick at 32 who do you think would be suitable for the team?
We need a inside mid preferably big bodied but I reckon the blokes above will just be outside our grasp

O'Kearney will be there. Don't worry.

Very little in the way of inside mids that late. Nash Holmes could be there but he's 5'11. Jadyn Brind is one I'd advocate selecting and taking a punt on him. Discipline an issue, size an issue (puppy fat) - but has real talent. Matthew Allen is more known as a KPF but I feel he's got the game to be trained as an inside mid from year one. He'd take time, but at 6'4 he's the perfect size for that big bodied inside mid these days. Panos transitioned well at a late age; had he been developed in that role from year one I wonder if he'd be AFL standard. I'd like to see someone take Allen focus on him primarily as a mid.

Skippos - how early is too early for Rioli? I really don't know a lot about him but seeing as we've been linked with him and we've now moved down into the early 20s...more likely at 21 or 30? I think pick 20 is a certainty to be Ben McKay if the rumours that we've been hearing over the past few months are true. Would love a bit more detail on how you see him as well when you get a chance.

Skippos old buddy old pal who will the Tigers be looking at do you think? Heard Dan Richardson on a podcast today say there should be a few small forwards around our pick.

Sorry for Jumping in
For me Collins !!! will be a Monster in a couple of years
I hope someone picks Collins before our third or even fourth pick. Manchild defender with an alleged huge turning circle and poor closing speed sounds like Matthew Watson. Comparison could be off the mark, yet Watto was all the rage as a contender for pick ten in his draft. Emma Quayle even wrote that you didn't need a midfield if you had Watson's left boot.

Right club could make Collins work as part of a team defence. Saving grace could be Collins' superior beep test (14.2 to 12.1), possible competitiveness, recovery and workrate.

Hope we don't use to two picks on defenders like we did five years. Hope we get Weitering, a mid and a couple of talented forwards. Amazing that Parker was available after Watson, Lamb and McCarthy. One of those resting mid-forward types please. Might be our want with Kerridge, Lamb and Sumner joining Cripps, Graham, Murphy, Thomas, Whiley, Smith, Boekhorst, Everitt and Gibbs on the list.

Would not be surprised to see GC take Collins at pick 6. Buckenara rates him at pick 3 based on ability, footy smarts and strength. Likely he will be available at 6. GC have good KFPs' but could do with a KPB with the added bonus he could play next year. With the mid guns due back in 2016 the backline should see a little less pressure as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back