Sydney Showgrounds (Spotless Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Especially when you're building a market there. Bit different when it's Geelong and their first three games are blockbusters. The Giants should play at ANZ in round one, Skoda in rounds two and five, then Canberra in seven, 11, 15, and 19.
Surely they could play one game at Blacktown, if only to shut the haters up

If you don't want to have 5 - 6 weeks away from Sydney, GWS could play Swans @ SCG during that period.
No reason derby has to be round 1.

I'm just wondering, what it the "shed' kind of thing just inside the 50 in the north-western pocket at Skoda?

shame I couldn't see a game there when I went to Sydney in march this year skoda is a great venue for giants and footy in the west

Question for early season Giants fans I've been wondering how well the surface comes up after this sort of treatment during the Show??

I saw the Port Adelaide game this year and it looked great but interested to know what it's like early season.

Question for early season Giants fans I've been wondering how well the surface comes up after this sort of treatment during the Show??

I saw the Port Adelaide game this year and it looked great but interested to know what it's like early season.

I don't think we've had any problems at all. It's probably one of the best surfaces around as it's not used that frequently.

image.aspx

Follow the left-hand light tower down, there's some shed-like structure about where the 50m line would be. Black roof, cement-coloured sides and windows. Makes me think of a tennis commentary booth.

image.aspx

Follow the left-hand light tower down, there's some shed-like structure about where the 50m line would be. Black roof, cement-coloured sides and windows. Makes me think of a tennis commentary booth.

OK.

There's a sign on the door (you can see it right at the back in the picture) that reads:

Venue Operations
Vet
St. John Ambulance

So it's a kind of all-purpose facility that is used during the Easter Show.

Mystery solved!

OK.

There's a sign on the door (you can see it right at the back in the picture) that reads:

Venue Operations
Vet
St. John Ambulance

So it's a kind of all-purpose facility that is used during the Easter Show.

Mystery solved!
Thanks. I thought it was probably something like that. Skoda is a differently multi-purpose venue than other ones we have...instead of being "multi-sport plus concerts" it truly is multi-purpose :)

The dirt track you see being used on the video is not actually part of the ground during AFL matches. It is covered up by temporary seating specifically for AFL matches.

During the easter show. The benches are closed off and no temporary seating.
maxresdefault.jpg

Getting ready for the AFL season. With the benches open and the temporary seating all around the stadium. (notice the difference with the amount of rows added in the gaps for the players race in the two photos.)
Skoda-Stadium-NW-Stand-with-Clusters.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spotless Stadium, I guess the grandstands were for the last two years, they've just given it a more appropriate name now ;)

Why do the giants get to play there early? Isn't it booked out with some show still?
Later Easter this year + earlier start to season means the Giants have access til round 3. Easter Show starts on April 10 where it's previously been on around the time of round 1.

Later Easter this year + earlier start to season means the Giants have access til round 3. Easter Show starts on April 10 where it's previously been on around the time of round 1.

How come there isn't anything on the AFL website or on the news about the name change to Spotless Stadium?

I think Giants stadium sounds a lot better but you can't argue with the big sponsorship $$ you guys will be getting

Really wouldnt be throwing insults considering how well your club is doing after a hell of a head start and a merger

Insult? What are you 12. The comment was clearly light-hearted. The Giants are my second club actually. But if you want to get into a shitfight, the Brisbane Lions have already achieved more than what the Giants will for the next 40 years.

Insult? What are you 12. The comment was clearly light-hearted. The Giants are my second club actually. But if you want to get into a shitfight, the Brisbane Lions have already achieved more than what the Giants will for the next 40 years.

Really?? No not 12. Clearly? Well would help if you had a wink or something showing this. Not so clear. I think you may be still in your teens

Pretty sure the naming rights selection have nothing to do with the success, failure or anything else of the tenant club...
(translation - I don't want notifications onto this thread when all I'm seeing is immature bickering about things that don't even relate to the thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back