Skooks Cup: Semi-Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Skooks Cup Semis: AFL Round 8

---

SF1: Classy Gentlemen vs. City Oval Plovers

Classy Gentlemen

(9) Missing: Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Shaun Grigg, Alex Rance, Tom Hawkins, Zac Smith, Steven Motlop, Charlie Dixon, Corey Enright

Classy Gentlemen go into their match with six of their best side out and some shocking form in the LFFL. Just one win from four matches, the side that was expected to finally make that step to compete for a top four place has been disappointing. They still have a number of solid scorers, but the loss of Cotchin and Martin in particular will hurt them, with Josh P. Kennedy needing to have a huge game.

City Oval Plovers

(9) Missing: Jesse White, Jimmy Bartel, Joel Selwood, Aaron Black, Owen Stephenson, Shaun Hampson, Ryan Bastinac, Jordie McKenzie, Ivan Maric

City Oval Plovers will be missing about four to five of its best side through the bye, but will still be the likely winners given form and the outs of Classy Gentlemen. City Oval Plovers currently sit second on the LFFL ladder with three wins from four matches and will be looking to win here given the Mozzie Bites will have a number of players out next week.

Odds:
Classy Gentlemen $3.50
City Oval Plovers $1.50

---

SF2: Mozzie Bites vs. The Repeaters

Mozzie Bites

(3) Missing: Josh Caddy, Dawson Simpson, Shaun Atley

A full-strength Mozzie Bites in terms of bye related outs is expected to make light work of The Repeaters. Missing guys who only fill in due to injury, the Mozzie Bites are unbackable favourites here and with their opponents struggling to fill a side due to bye outs alone, they should get the job done and reach yet another Skooks Cup final.

The Repeaters

(9) Missing: Scott Pendlebury, Dayne Beams, Ben Cunnington, Matthew Stokes, James Kelly, Tom Lynch, Tom Nicholls, Heritier Lumumba, Jarrod Harbrow

Not much to say here other than six of my seven best players are out, so this will be so one-sided I'll be lucky to score 200. Going to be a long weekend and won't want to do the scores come Monday...

Odds:
Mozzie Bites $1.05
The Repeaters $30.00

---

Skooks Cup winner odds:

City Oval Plovers $2.50
Mozzie Bites $3.50
Classy Gentlemen $15.00
The Repeaters $50.00

The Repeaters:

B: Kane Cornes (c)
B: Michael Hurley
CC: Hayden Ballantyne (F)
F: Jamie Elliot
F: Lachlan Henderson
IM: Hamish Hartlett
OM:
R: Trent West (vc)
T:
U: Paul Chapman

As you can see, with Winderlich and Carrazzo not getting up I'm probably not going score 200.

Last edited:

Never mind my elite mids and utility as well... :(

Feel free to rest a few players :p
I've accepted that I drop 30 points to most teams in util each week!

Subject to Change

Back:
Greene
Back: Mcviegh
Captains Choice: Matt Jones (DEF)
Forward: Dawes
Forward: Lecras
Inside Mid: Fyfe (C)
Outside Mid: Mundy
Ruck:
Tackler:
Mckenzie
Utility: Rockliff

Emergencies:
Back:
Coaches Choice:
Forward:
Inside Mid:
Outside Mid:
Ruck:
Tackler: Hrovat
Utility:

Last edited:
Back: Jake Melksham
Back: Kade Simpson
CC: Luke Breust (F)
Forward: Lance Franklin
Forward: Nick Riewoldt (VC)
Inside Mid: Tom Scully
Outside Mid: Jordan Lewis
Ruck: Aaron Sandilands (C)
Tackler: Chris Masten
Utility: Tom Liberatore

Emergency
F: Joe Daniher

Emergency
Geez not even going to at least experiment? I'm fielding eight players :p You could literally close your eyes put anyone anywhere and still get home :p

Back: Jed Adcock
Back: Ollie Wines (c)
CC: Rob Murphey (back)
Forward: Jack Darling
Forward:
Inside Mid: James Aish
Outside Mid: Matty White
Ruck: John Giles
Tackler: Matt deBoer
Utility: Josh P Kennedy

Emergencies:
B:
CC:
F:
IM:
OM:
R:
T:
U:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha Pie 4 Life didnt pay attention to your side until now. May the amos curse reemerge :)
Oh please if you're counting this imminent victory as a real victory over a half-ravaged eight man team then you are getting pretty desperate :p

Even the Wolves would beat this side, not exactly much of an achievement.

Was at the game, he is a jerk
How doare you talk about my players like that. BUT FWIW, is that because you were;
a) getting pissed off at him for intervening with the Griffin tag seeing you're a Demon?
b) had a run in to him prior or after the game?
c) support the Repeaters.
d) trying to cyber bully me into trading him at a deflated price, or
e) another reason.

How doare you talk about my players like that. BUT FWIW, is that because you were;
a) getting pissed off at him for intervening with the Griffin tag seeing you're a Demon?
b) had a run in to him prior or after the game?
c) support the Repeaters.
d) trying to cyber bully me into trading him at a deflated price, or
e) another reason.
Depends is he going cheap? Nah saw his stats sheet and him getting a bit of the ball, no son Tyson, generally annoyed at losing that game. Like Libba as a fantasy player

The Repeaters:

B: Kane Cornes (c)
B: Michael Hurley
CC: Hayden Ballantyne (F)
F: Jamie Elliot
F: Lachlan Henderson
IM: Hamish Hartlett
OM:
R: Trent West (vc)
T:
U: Paul Chapman

As you can see, with Winderlich and Carrazzo not getting up I'm probably not going score 200.
WHY THE * DID I NAME ELLIOT? HE EVEN PLAYS IN MY AFL SUPPORTED TEAM AND I KNEW WE HAD THE BYE LOL

Cornes 74 (37x2c)
Hurley 38
Ballantyne 8.5
Henderson TBA
Hartlett 30
West 38
Chapman 77
= 265.5 (One to play)

Ironically aside from Ballantyne, the scores are quite solid for my reserve team (bar Cornes who is a starter)

LOL I outscored sr20 last week and I only have seven players...

Emergency
Melksham 32
Simpson
Breust 34.5
Franklin 49.5
Riewoldt
Scully 21
Lewis 37
Sandilands 98 (49x2c)
Masten 5
Libba 144

= 323 (two remaining)

Geez without Libba the seven players you had totalled 179.. Imagine if he had of been a late withdrawal ;)

WHY THE **** DID I NAME ELLIOT? HE EVEN PLAYS IN MY AFL SUPPORTED TEAM AND I KNEW WE HAD THE BYE LOL
Managers do silly things when they see the "versus Mozzie Bites" in the fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back