Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

**** me, typical

EDIT: "hopeful if he can be back for the start of the season"?? fml

You're not taking it well I see.

Sucks will probably miss round 1 by the sounds of it but at least its not an acl or anything.

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dogs Balls for the youngster.

Best of luck for him Viv Michie is a talented youngster for us who has missed 2 years with stress fractures off and on and only now getting a full preseason and hopeful of playing his first game in 2013.

syl

FAIR and BALANCED
Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North
Slight? I thought it would be a week or something, in a boot for 6 weeks is major. * me dead.

Jun 14, 2011
Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC/NYY/LAL/Green Bay Packers/UW
tumblr_m76u74pqzj1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stress fractures aren't the end of the world if handled properly, it sounds (as per the press release) that we caught it early.

Disappointing nonetheless.

Yeh they seem to suggest it's been caught early, but when I first saw the headline I thought oh they've finally figured out what has been hampering him all this time. I've no doubt he's been carrying injury all year, perhaps this is related

Yeh they seem to suggest it's been caught early, but when I first saw the headline I thought oh they've finally figured out what has been hampering him all this time. I've no doubt he's been carrying injury all year, perhaps this is related

I doubt he's been carrying stress fractures all year... he probably did have a 'hot spot' or 'stress reaction' during the year if he's developed stress fractures now, basically not resting/rehabbing at that less advanced stage will lead to stress fractures if you're fairly active.

I had a 'stress reaction' early this year, got over it in about a month with no break from my normal routine - that said Trengove's routine would be significantly more demanding then mine was during the cricket season :p

SPC 98

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Probably needs a bit of rest. Saw him training early after season's end and that concerned me, he was certainly carrying some sort of injury last year.

Young lad will be firing next year, and only misses about 2 weeks of actual work as they have the Christmas break anyway.

Was looking forward to seeing him at RFC next year, so genuinely disappointed with this news.

As I posted on our board, hope he recovers quickly, and returns to the form we know he's capable of in 2015

Back