Smart drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Deep.
Appreciate the thought you put into your response.
Any chance some advice on best site, what to expect from customs, how to avoid the request for a script etc?

been using armodafinil (wakalert) for a while. bought from onemedstore.com and after some issues everything went smoothly. bought in bulk so price isn't too restrictive. no issues with customs.

the store will sell to you whether you have a prescription or not.

i have had no issues with customs and think that even if customs were to intercept the package, not a lot would happen aside from confiscation of the pills.

Deep.
Appreciate the thought you put into your response.
Any chance some advice on best site, what to expect from customs, how to avoid the request for a script etc?

That's exactly were you buy them from if you want to avoid customs issues, should get them delivered within 3 days if your in a capital.

This feed is such gold. If cognitive enhancers were genuinely effective with no side-effects they'd be putting them in the water over there. They won't make you smarter or focus on the thing you want to, chances are you 'll just post a lot more in big footy.

This feed is such gold. If cognitive enhancers were genuinely effective with no side-effects they'd be putting them in the water over there. They won't make you smarter or focus on the thing you want to, chances are you 'll just post a lot more in big footy.

They are. I suffer from MS with at times crippling fatigue which has severely impacted on my work. Since commencing modafinil, I feel like my fatigue is back to pre-morbid levels. This has enabled me to recommence full time employment and eke away at my PhD.

http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/72/2/179.full

Smart drugs - oxymoron?

nup

They are. I suffer from MS with at times crippling fatigue which has severely impacted on my work. Since commencing modafinil, I feel like my fatigue is back to pre-morbid levels. This has enabled me to recommence full time employment and eke away at my PhD.

http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/72/2/179.full

nup
I'm sorry to hear you have MS, my uncle has it too and it sucks. However, you misunderstand my post. As a former biomedical researcher I do not argue against these drugs having genuine clinical applications, such as your case. The crucial point is in your post, your energy levels have returned to pre-morbid levels, you are not suddenly Einstein because of these drugs. The people posting here seem to have the idea that taking these drugs will enhance their performance, that is not true...they don't discriminate on what they make you focus on. What these guys need to realise is that you can't cheat your way out of being a bit lazy, unfocused and of average intelligence if that is your make-up. The fact you are in full-time employment AND doing a Phd suggests you do not fall into this category.

As a former biomedical researcher I do not argue against these drugs having genuine clinical applications, such as your case. The crucial point is in your post, your energy levels have returned to pre-morbid levels, you are not suddenly Einstein because of these drugs. The people posting here seem to have the idea that taking these drugs will enhance their performance, that is not true...they don't discriminate on what they make you focus on. What these guys need to realise is that you can't cheat your way out of being a bit lazy, unfocused and of average intelligence if that is your make-up. The fact you are in full-time employment AND doing a Phd suggests you do not fall into this category.

lulz. on what basis are you definitively saying that in the case of an average person, taking armodafinil will not improve focus or energy levels (and therefore, performance), if you concede the same will improve in an ms patient?

I'm sorry to hear you have MS, my uncle has it too and it sucks. However, you misunderstand my post. As a former biomedical researcher I do not argue against these drugs having genuine clinical applications, such as your case. The crucial point is in your post, your energy levels have returned to pre-morbid levels, you are not suddenly Einstein because of these drugs. The people posting here seem to have the idea that taking these drugs will enhance their performance, that is not true...they don't discriminate on what they make you focus on. What these guys need to realise is that you can't cheat your way out of being a bit lazy, unfocused and of average intelligence if that is your make-up. The fact you are in full-time employment AND doing a Phd suggests you do not fall into this category.

Have you been introduced to Silent Alarm?

lulz. on what basis are you definitively saying that in the case of an average person, taking armodafinil will not improve focus or energy levels (and therefore, performance), if you concede the same will improve in an ms patient?
The ms patient has a deficit in their performance because of a medical condition. The average person probably doesn't. The underlying cause of their lack of energy/focus won't be addressed with those particular drugs. It depends on the problem, maybe they lack focus because they don't like what they do, drugs won't help with that, they will just be more focused and productive in the field of procrastination. Alternatively they maybe depressed, if that is due to their brain/body being unable to produce the right chemicals they need anti-depressants. If they are depressed because their lifestyle prevents their brain producing the right chemicals they don't need drugs they need to change their lifestyle.

The ms patient has a deficit in their performance because of a medical condition. The average person probably doesn't. The underlying cause of their lack of energy/focus won't be addressed with those particular drugs. It depends on the problem, maybe they lack focus because they don't like what they do, drugs won't help with that, they will just be more focused and productive in the field of procrastination. Alternatively they maybe depressed, if that is due to their brain/body being unable to produce the right chemicals they need anti-depressants. If they are depressed because their lifestyle prevents their brain producing the right chemicals they don't need drugs they need to change their lifestyle.

so you have a set level of focus, it can go down, but it can never be increased.

confirmed.

After 1 day I have not felt any real effects. A bit more optimistic after second day. Will share my review later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have friends that swear by Modafinil, one gave me a 10-pack of them which I experimented with for a week or two in varying dosages; half, one, two pills at a time. Felt a mild level of energy / focus after taking two pills, but not enough for me to warrant buying any for myself. Was hoping they would be nearly as effective as dexies without the accompanying temptation/potential to abuse them for recreation, ha ha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back