Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

You walk in 5 minutes before a mate, walk back to the turnstile on your phone talking LOUDLY to said mate. Pretend he cannot find the gate, approach the gate to go out, at the precise time you scan to go out you spot him. Step back " im over here you nob" .........he walks in.

You now have a "scanned out" ticket in which to let in a third mate, all the other guy has to do is take your ticket, scan out on his ticket and give your ticket to the third dude and return....... Rinse and repeat.

Only risk is the attendant makes you go out and come back in...... They never seem that switched on.

I snuck into the Wanderers supporters section (wrist band required) at the A League GF last year doing almost the same.

Remember confidence is the con in conman

So since there are no more passouts, the gist of it is you have to go to the turnstyles, scan your ticket to leave but then don't leave? Seems easier than the passout thing. You could easily go to one of those ramps with the barred windows and drop it down or in a smoko area. Put it in a small backpack so it doesn't look suss.

The only thing this doesn't do though is help groups of friends where no one has a ticket.

Don't know if this would work.

If you knew someone who was taking a kid with them get that person to go through seperately. You take the kid through with a fake ticket in your hand. Pretend to scan your ticket then help the kid scan his or her ticket and walk through with them.

The issue is the scanners lock until scanned... And you cant scan again until the gate is walked through.

Gotta rush the gate IMO, stuff thinking up a plan, have a can of oil in hand ready to smash on the ground to deal with chasers, wig and rip clothes on, maybe a smoke bomb or 2.

The issue is the scanners lock until scanned... And you cant scan again until the gate is walked through.

The attendant will push/roll it through if you scan and change your mind. To allow the next person access. They're not going to bother chasing you up on it especially on a busy game such as this.

May just know a guy who has a channel 7 clearance for games. Have made a copy of it, hang it around my neck while wearing a suit with the channel 7 logo stitched into it (thanks nan). Just have to go to the right entrance, act smug and boom you're in...every year 7 has the GF

May just know a guy who has a channel 7 clearance for games. Have made a copy of it, hang it around my neck while wearing a suit with the channel 7 logo stitched into it (thanks nan). Just have to go to the right entrance, act smug and boom you're in...every year 7 has the GF

Vlad dislikes this.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that all of these ticket theories revolve around you yourself having to go out of your way for your poor campaigner mate risking your grand final experience along the way.

* my mate who wants to get in for nothing, I have a ticket and I'm inside the ground, so I'm going to go flog it up in the bar and then watch the afl grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the print at home tickets (if they have them for the gf), you and your mates should just print off a copy each, have one guy go in first and then after a few minutes scan out but pretend he's forgotten something and immediately turn around and at that exact moment have another mate use a copy at a different turnstile. If the attendant calls the first guy back to scan him back in, the ticket will show him as already in and the attendant will probably just think he didn't scan it properly the first time. Rinse and repeat.

Another method is for everyone to synchronise watches and then all have their tickets scanned in at the exact same second (would be hard to pull off and probably wouldn't work anyway).

With the print at home tickets (if they have them for the gf), you and your mates should just print off a copy each, have one guy go in first and then after a few minutes scan out but pretend he's forgotten something and immediately turn around and at that exact moment have another mate use a copy at a different turnstile. If the attendant calls the first guy back to scan him back in, the ticket will show him as already in and the attendant will probably just think he didn't scan it properly the first time. Rinse and repeat.

Another method is for everyone to synchronise watches and then all have their tickets scanned in at the exact same second (would be hard to pull off and probably wouldn't work anyway).

First one would work, no print at home tickets for GF, but you could use a photocopy, or scanner and printer. Just need to get the timing right. There would be some sort of timing delay between when you scan out and are able to scan back in.

Second one wouldn't work, even if you all managed to scan at the exact same time. IT systems are built so that an item such as a ticket can only be accessed by 1 thing at a time. So the first scan processed would find the ticket on the database then update it to show you have entered. All the other scans which were attempted at the same time would be denied because the ticket was in the process of being updated. Maybe they got an el cheapo IT system though? I've always wondered about trying this out.

lol....more chance of Dawson getting the Norm Smith.:thumbsu:

Don't know if this would work.

If you knew someone who was taking a kid with them get that person to go through seperately. You take the kid through with a fake ticket in your hand. Pretend to scan your ticket then help the kid scan his or her ticket and walk through with them.

You would have to pick your gate wisely though, one with an attendant that isn't really paying too much attention.

lol....more chance of Dawson getting the Norm Smith.:thumbsu:

Putting aside the highly unlikely chance of it actually working, they would be at least 1 guy who would just scan it way before the pre-determined exact second and no one would be the wiser.

Reminds me of a typical Mole challenge: Scan it all together at the same time to win $10k or first person to scan it wins an Exemption. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back