Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

I
So basically
You can just photocopy
A ticket to use?

In fact yes you can. Altho I'm not sure if you can print your own GF tickets in a similar way to how you print tickets for other games?? But if you can, there is a way to get multiple people in using one ticket, but it's all in the timing.

Say you and a mate want to get in using the 1 ticket, you print 2 copies. You have to approach different turnstiles at the same time, and must scan your tickets within a couple of seconds of each other, and hopefully as close to the same time as each other as possible. The system currently used retires a barcode once scanned so the same barcode can't be scanned again. However it takes a few seconds for the system to register the 1st scanning, therefore if you can orchestrate it so you scan the same barcode again within those couple of seconds then the system will allow you access using the same barcode before it has registered the initial scanning. This worked for 2 hawks mates of mine at last year's GF

I

In fact yes you can. Altho I'm not sure if you can print your own GF tickets in a similar way to how you print tickets for other games?? But if you can, there is a way to get multiple people in using one ticket, but it's all in the timing.

Say you and a mate want to get in using the 1 ticket, you print 2 copies. You have to approach different turnstiles at the same time, and must scan your tickets within a couple of seconds of each other, and hopefully as close to the same time as each other as possible. The system currently used retires a barcode once scanned so the same barcode can't be scanned again. However it takes a few seconds for the system to register the 1st scanning, therefore if you can orchestrate it so you scan the same barcode again within those couple of seconds then the system will allow you access using the same barcode before it has registered the initial scanning. This worked for 2 hawks mates of mine at last year's GF
gf tickets are the cardboard type for agents and no other no printed one at all so photocopy wont work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious idea - need help (not that I'd be able to pull it off - someone who's a bit more savvy might though, just thought of it as an idea).

The players have a thousand and one people helping them before a game get ready. Physios, trainers, strappers, water people, general club staff, people who no doubt organise the subs etc.

Do the umpires have similar? Do they have trainers? Strappers?

Could it be possible to sneak in under the pretense of doing something like that for the umps? Just an assistant? Anyone know how strictly they look at passes, cards etc? If the Chaser could get past APEC security with a fake card deliberately aimed to get themselves caught, surely a plausible ID could get you past MCG security...

If you could manage to get yourself into the umpires area, then you could get out into the main area, and start helping others hand out their pass-outs to friends in exchange for a beer or pie.

At the Grand Final last year I saw a group of 15-20 Hawthorn supporters rush one of the side doors, barged through it and disappeared into the ground. Was amazing, absolutely no chance of catching them once they got in there either

gf tickets are the cardboard type for agents and no other no printed one at all so photocopy wont work
It would work as long as the barcode is reproduced accurately. The scanner just reads the barcode, it doesn't care what the ticket looks like.
But I doubt the system would allow the same barcode in twice no matter how closely they were scanned.

This is classic. Gotta try it one day.

Heh, I'd borrow my brother-in-law's TOLL Priority shirts, carry a box to a random gate (box has bag, snacks and change of clothes), and say it's for the Toyota Corporate Box. Oh and I'll say I left my paperwork and scanner thing in the van.

I reckon this would be a plan...

Friday night after work, you'd head down to the MCG prior to the Geelong v Hawthorn final. Hang around the Channel 7 OB van, take notice (or even a pic or two on the sly) of what the tech crew are wearing. Most likely they'll be wearing jeans and a jumper, with the 7 logo embroidered on and maybe some workman's gloves.

Find those similar clothes at home (or an op shop), embroid on the logo, then you (and a similarly dressed mate) walk in casually through the media back entrance on match day, speaking 'tech talk' loudly.

Worth a shot, I'd reckon.
Not the worst idea except they probably have some form of ID card they carry which they may need to have showing when inside or at least to show when asked. All those "the real hustle" type shows always say things like if you act like you're meant to be there then people will rarely get suspicious.

To build on this idea you'd probably want to be both carrying a big box together and pretending it's really heavy. Good chance the security at the door isn't going to hold you up for passes when he sees two techies struggling to carry a big box of likely expensive equipment especially if your 'tech talk' is along the lines of "we need to get this gear and the other one in the truck upstairs and connected in the next 20 minutes". They'll know you're in a rush and because it sounds like you plan to come back for "the other one" it's a bit less suspicious than if you were just intent on getting in and staying in. I reckon they'd end up holding the door open for you lol.

As you enter the barcode registers you as entered. Until you use it to exit you remain registered as a patron inside the ground. If the pass is handed to someone else outside without the patron having exited the ground it will be rejected when whoever it has been handed to attempts enter the ground. That's my understanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back