Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2013 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Snoop,
SCHARENBERG.
That's the latest rumour going around. If Bontempelli goes at 4 to Dogs or even 3 to StK, then word is the Pies will take Scharenberg at 6. That's fine with me and it works out better for us as players like Aish or Freeman could be there at 10, perhaps even Billings. What do you reckon?
Cheers.

Well I am a massive Scharenberg fan.

I think it is wide open from 3. I am pretty confident Boyd, Kelly and Billings will be top 3 but after that the next 6-8 players are pretty equal in my book and its not going to matter a great deal.

If what you described played out I would think;

1 GWS - Boyd
2 GWS - Kelly
3 Saints - Billings
4 WB - Bontempelli
5 GC - Kade K
6 Coll - Scharenberg
7 Bris - Sheed / McCarthy
8 North - McDonald
9 Melb - Freeman
10 Coll - Aish / Sheed / Salem / McCarthy / Lennon / Acres

* Taylor a top ten player but not for us.

I would be happy with that. I am wondering if Pies might not end up with Kade K then Scharenberg or Bontempelli at the last pick.

Very well. Was blooded in Round 23 and was not disgraced.

Had some injury issues but was very solid for Peel when he managed to get on the track, was quite often the starting ruckman and got some good numbers; his agility and decision making really set him apart. But against the mature, bigger bodies (Seaby etc) he struggled, though this will be less of a problem as he's filling out nicely.

He was always the one i really rated up here. Has he been able to push fwd at all. As a junior he was a pretty good resting FP option. Surprised me he never got the hype he deserved as was a good talent.

I think its the last bit that stands out. I am not sure he will. He would be a rookie shot but I agree he has the talent.

He is a carbon copy of his older cousin Luke James (one of the best local talent i've seen) but he was the same, just didn't give it the effort to make it.

Callum has great skills, good evasiveness and knows how to snag a goal, would love to see him rookied.

Collingwood were keen for a little while, rated him fairly high as a small forward but having Callum dropped frpm TAC as he chose to play local footy with St Pauls instead of VFL development league when Sandy had a bye could hurt him.

Hope he gets picked up.

Great phantom Snoop Dog, always love your work. I really like the look of Harvey at 26, and we'll only be using 2 live picks, with pick 66 being used to upgrade Dalgleish. For our second pick, I thought a Ben Brown would be a good fit straight up, as we have poor depth in the ruck with Hille retiring and Gumby no longer as a part timer.

He is a carbon copy of his older cousin Luke James (one of the best local talent i've seen) but he was the same, just didn't give it the effort to make it.

Callum has great skills, good evasiveness and knows how to snag a goal, would love to see him rookied.

Collingwood were keen for a little while, rated him fairly high as a small forward but having Callum dropped frpm TAC as he chose to play local footy with St Pauls instead of VFL development league when Sandy had a bye could hurt him.

Hope he gets picked up.

Yeah I knew Pies were keen but be surprised if that hurt him as lots of kids want to play school footy and recruiters are pretty good about that. look even if he ended up down at Pies as part of the VFL side it would be a good outcome.

Great phantom Snoop Dog, always love your work. I really like the look of Harvey at 26, and we'll only be using 2 live picks, with pick 66 being used to upgrade Dalgleish. For our second pick, I thought a Ben Brown would be a good fit straight up, as we have poor depth in the ruck with Hille retiring and Gumby no longer as a part timer.

I think you have been reading the final version of my mock. Brown is on his way to Essendon. He brings 2 things that you need doesnt he. Tall fwd and a mature body. People are a bit down on him which really surprises me because his development has been really good once he got his body right and he got bigger. His mobility is very good and his hands are pretty strong as well. In a side with good midfielders he could go quite well and I could see him in your side for sure.

IN fact one of the interesting things for your blokes to work out is who plays where next year.

I would have thought Carlile, Hooker and Pears along with the old man are enough talls back which leaves Hurley, Ryder and Daniher fwd with Belly in the ruck. If that is the case then Brown is a perfect fit being able to back up a couple of areas and allows Hurley to be a swingman.

I think you have been reading the final version of my mock. Brown is on his way to Essendon. He brings 2 things that you need doesnt he. Tall fwd and a mature body. People are a bit down on him which really surprises me because his development has been really good once he got his body right and he got bigger. His mobility is very good and his hands are pretty strong as well. In a side with good midfielders he could go quite well and I could see him in your side for sure.

IN fact one of the interesting things for your blokes to work out is who plays where next year.

I would have thought Carlile, Hooker and Pears along with the old man are enough talls back which leaves Hurley, Ryder and Daniher fwd with Belly in the ruck. If that is the case then Brown is a perfect fit being able to back up a couple of areas and allows Hurley to be a swingman.

Brown would be the perfect fit, from what I've read. We seriously lack depth in the KPF area, we had Daniher and Gumby in the reserves last year, and with Joe replacing Crameri in the 22, and Gumby leaving, it's gone. Who would you put down as a depth ruck option as well for the rookie draft?

If I had my way (won't happen) I'd have Hurley, Hooker, Carlisle in defence as they would be almost the complete package as a KPD trio, with Bellchambers, Daniher and somebody else (Steinberg/Hardingham as plausible small marking types) forward with Paddy in the ruck. The thing about adding Brown to that is that it means we have 2 ruckmen height forwards up there, and that's a definite weakness. Would prefer a 192/193 KPF who's defensive pressure was good

He was always the one i really rated up here. Has he been able to push fwd at all. As a junior he was a pretty good resting FP option. Surprised me he never got the hype he deserved as was a good talent.

Kicked a handful of goals playing support to Taberner, but it was the defensive side to his game that shone, which you'd expect given that he played for Peel.

Brown would be the perfect fit, from what I've read. We seriously lack depth in the KPF area, we had Daniher and Gumby in the reserves last year, and with Joe replacing Crameri in the 22, and Gumby leaving, it's gone. Who would you put down as a depth ruck option as well for the rookie draft?

If I had my way (won't happen) I'd have Hurley, Hooker, Carlisle in defence as they would be almost the complete package as a KPD trio, with Bellchambers, Daniher and somebody else (Steinberg/Hardingham as plausible small marking types) forward with Paddy in the ruck. The thing about adding Brown to that is that it means we have 2 ruckmen height forwards up there, and that's a definite weakness. Would prefer a 192/193 KPF who's defensive pressure was good

To me Essendon look best when Hurley, Hooker and JC are back so agree with you. Belly and Ryder swapping up fwd, with JD at FF also works.

Suspect that means you need a ruck / fwd type as back up which i would think is BRown. If you are looking for a 192cm fwd who can apply pressure then Marsh might be worth a crack and its conceivable he lasts to 26. If looking more mature age I dont think there are many other than a Wayde Twomey from Swan D but he is 27 and you'd take him in the rookie draft. He kicked 5 in the state game vs Vic and kileld them. Cain would be another but he is 185cm. Hardingham is a guy I would persist with. He can dangerous 1:1 but he can make mistakes from what I see. Athletically has all the tools. Of the kids I reckon Hourigan, Wood and Reynolds can play that role and could probably play sooner than later.

To me Essendon look best when Hurley, Hooker and JC are back so agree with you. Belly and Ryder swapping up fwd, with JD at FF also works.

Suspect that means you need a ruck / fwd type as back up which i would think is BRown. If you are looking for a 192cm fwd who can apply pressure then Marsh might be worth a crack and its conceivable he lasts to 26. If looking more mature age I dont think there are many other than a Wayde Twomey from Swan D but he is 27 and you'd take him in the rookie draft. He kicked 5 in the state game vs Vic and kileld them. Cain would be another but he is 185cm. Hardingham is a guy I would persist with. He can dangerous 1:1 but he can make mistakes from what I see. Athletically has all the tools. Of the kids I reckon Hourigan, Wood and Reynolds can play that role and could probably play sooner than later.

Marsh looks like the one for me. Then again Steinberg could get an early promotion and kick 30 goals for us next season and make it unnecessary

Well I am a massive Scharenberg fan.

I think it is wide open from 3. I am pretty confident Boyd, Kelly and Billings will be top 3 but after that the next 6-8 players are pretty equal in my book and its not going to matter a great deal.

If what you described played out I would think;

1 GWS - Boyd
2 GWS - Kelly
3 Saints - Billings
4 WB - Bontempelli
5 GC - Kade K
6 Coll - Scharenberg
7 Bris - Sheed / McCarthy
8 North - McDonald
9 Melb - Freeman
10 Coll - Aish / Sheed / Salem / McCarthy / Lennon / Acres

* Taylor a top ten player but not for us.

I would be happy with that. I am wondering if Pies might not end up with Kade K then Scharenberg or Bontempelli at the last pick.

I'm sure this has been asked of you before, but why has Aish fallen so far? Is it a lack of X-Factor? From what I've seen of him he oozes class.

I don't really understand what's caused him to drift from a Top 2 lock early in the year, to now a fringe Top 10?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snoop, do you believe the rumours going around that the Swans will use their first pick on Rory Lobb? Or is there a chance he'll still be there at pick 32?

Snoop, do you believe the rumours going around that the Swans will use their first pick on Rory Lobb? Or is there a chance he'll still be there at pick 32?

I am doing my final phantom with live picks now and that is the question as I think GWS will jump at #29 which is earlier than you want. I just think #14 is a bit high but the Swans have used their first rounder on needs before and i think may do it again. The other issue is do they rate any rucks after Lobb? If they do then they may wait but personally I dont rate any of them higher than circa 60 (not incl Apeness)

How many picks are you having in the ND and Rookie?

I am doing my final phantom with live picks now and that is the question as I think GWS will jump at #29 which is earlier than you want. I just think #14 is a bit high but the Swans have used their first rounder on needs before and i think may do it again. The other issue is do they rate any rucks after Lobb? If they do then they may wait but personally I dont rate any of them higher than circa 60 (not incl Apeness)

How many picks are you having in the ND and Rookie?

Yeah I remember reading an article a couple months back that GWS were keen on him but I thought picking up Mumford might have changed that.

5 and 2 rookie upgrades (Rampe, B. Jack) in the ND, I guess that means we'll pick up another two rookies:confused:

I'm sure this has been asked of you before, but why has Aish fallen so far? Is it a lack of X-Factor? From what I've seen of him he oozes class.

I don't really understand what's caused him to drift from a Top 2 lock early in the year, to now a fringe Top 10?

Look I have him swinging every day at the moment.

My view on him is that his best is prob places him 2nd in the draft. His SANFL form at all levels incl finals as well as underage form have been brilliant. He has skill & vision, game influence and is efficient. They are the reasons he goes #2.

My problem is I cant get his champs out of my head and he was only ok and he didnt win a lot of footy. In saying that did have an injury that no question curtailed him but thats the stage for all the kids to go against each other.

Having said all that I dont think he falls lower than 6 but I probably cant see him higher than #3. I rate he and kelly the same (I'm not as sold on Kelly as others are) and probably prefer MS and JB on talent.

Yeah I remember reading an article a couple months back that GWS were keen on him but I thought picking up Mumford might have changed that.

5 and 2 rookie upgrades (Rampe, B. Jack) in the ND, I guess that means we'll pick up another two rookies:confused:

Ta
presumably one of those 5 is for Perris?

Given the Giants need for players to make an immediate impact why would they not just take Boyd and S/Berg. Both are physically ready for round 1 (barring injuries). Kelly and Billings would most likely be behind the majority of their list which is made up of numerous first round picks. Boyd and S/Berg would be as well or even better physically developed. Aish could also be but S/Berg is more definite. Plus S/Berg provides more flexibility (swing man role) than all the other three.
Plus S/Berg was deemed the #2 pick most of the year, I don't think anything has really changed.
Thoughts?
Also I think Brisbane will go Sheed and GC will go Aish if he's there.

Given the Giants need for players to make an immediate impact why would they not just take Boyd and S/Berg. Both are physically ready for round 1 (barring injuries). Kelly and Billings would most likely be behind the majority of their list which is made up of numerous first round picks. Boyd and S/Berg would be as well or even better physically developed. Aish could also be but S/Berg is more definite. Plus S/Berg provides more flexibility (swing man role) than all the other three.
Plus S/Berg was deemed the #2 pick most of the year, I don't think anything has really changed.
Thoughts?
Also I think Brisbane will go Sheed and GC will go Aish if he's there.

I woudl agree completely with you. Also could take Billings at #2 bc it is a real need for them to have a small classy fwd - bit like when Pies took Didak at 4 to fill that role. Scharenberg is the other option but I think some guys like Acres will be around at #14 for that whereas maybe they would now be thinking MS at #2 and LT at pick #14 given likely he slides.

Look I have him swinging every day at the moment.

My view on him is that his best is prob places him 2nd in the draft. His SANFL form at all levels incl finals as well as underage form have been brilliant. He has skill & vision, game influence and is efficient. They are the reasons he goes #2.

My problem is I cant get his champs out of my head and he was only ok and he didnt win a lot of footy. In saying that did have an injury that no question curtailed him but thats the stage for all the kids to go against each other.

Having said all that I dont think he falls lower than 6 but I probably cant see him higher than #3. I rate he and kelly the same (I'm not as sold on Kelly as others are) and probably prefer MS and JB on talent.

Going on that logic, how would Melbourne take Freeman at 9 ahead of Aish? How was Freeman's champs? Heard he was underwhelming...

IIRC Buddy was below his best at the champs in his year, I guess a myriad of factors could be at play.

I'd love Aish to be at the Doggies with pick #4 - with Billings/Scharenberg likely to be available if Aish isn't, we really can't lose.

Going on that logic, how would Melbourne take Freeman at 9 ahead of Aish? How was Freeman's champs? Heard he was underwhelming...

Sorry taken a bit to revert but I am going to release an update tomorrow or over the weekend and I think I have Freeman sliding a touch. You are right Freeman was good during champs but not outstanding. Freeman isnt rated as highly as he is on form, its the fact he has so many AFL attributes that he doesnt need to get that much of it bc he can just burn you when he does.

IIRC Buddy was below his best at the champs in his year, I guess a myriad of factors could be at play.

I'd love Aish to be at the Doggies with pick #4 - with Billings/Scharenberg likely to be available if Aish isn't, we really can't lose.

Look I think he will be but I think any of the guys like MS, Kade, JB or Aish you cant go wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back