Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Collingwood's kicking is a weakness, Bucks addressed the need for two way running and I personally think we need more aggression, hence DeGoey for more grunt, Miller would be good like a sidebottom roamer up and down the wings, I like his finishing and is meant to be a good character and oozes leadership (Surely Bucks will like this). I like Maynard for his tackling and competitiveness but his kicking might detract him. We also need kicking efficiency in the backline so vjoj rainbow or what ever his name is might suit.

I'd say a defensive forward might be the go later in the draft assuming Blair pushes up to the midfield. Snoop- what player/s would suit? Would a Dean Gore suit Collingwood running off half back?

I reckon Collingwood's kicking is a weakness, Bucks addressed the need for two way running and I personally think we need more aggression, hence DeGoey for more grunt, Miller would be good like a sidebottom roamer up and down the wings, I like his finishing and is meant to be a good character and oozes leadership (Surely Bucks will like this). I like Maynard for his tackling and competitiveness but his kicking might detract him. We also need kicking efficiency in the backline so vjoj rainbow or what ever his name is might suit.

All names I like. Probably keen for a bit more height than Miller but oozes ability and showed some great form end of season. Agree as to why they may have shifted to De Goey. He is a Beams type player

I'd say a defensive forward might be the go later in the draft assuming Blair pushes up to the midfield. Snoop- what player/s would suit? Would a Dean Gore suit Collingwood running off half back?

yeah I think Dean Gore could do it but Newman would have that ability. Maybe a Miles from the Falcons is another and of course Vickers-Willis but suspect gone by 40. Lim another.

We need contested ball animals regardless of height. Must win own ball, be able to run both ways and kick.tick..tick..tick...then pick those types please Hine. Im sure Hine will pick 4 rippers regardless of our opinions

not on my radar unfortunately

tell me what you rate about him
No, he wouldn't be on your radar, Snoop. The only opportunity he has been permitted in afl since playing nationals at school for 3 years is Old Geelong Grammarians social grade. He hasn't been allowed to join VFL since coming from the ACT in 2013.

As for credentials his physical attributes should place him in the top of the draft - 2.83 20m, a 9.29 3k and 78cm vertical leap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we will go Langford/Wright/Lever then Harrison wigg and then Recce McKenzie and then Christian Buxyx-Smith

Think we will go Langford/Wright/Lever then Harrison wigg and then Recce McKenzie and then Christian Buxyx-Smith

Yeah mail seems to be strong for Langford but may change if De Goey or Wright was there. Certainly a quality key back like Durdin, Goddard or Lever would tempt. I think Crows will have a lot of choices.

Nice one Snoop!

It seems the top three are pretty certain, just the order to be confirmed, after that most phantom draft orders have different mixes from 4 onwards. Here's our prediction for top 10

1. St Kilda – Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges)
2. Melbourne – Patrick McCartin (Geelong Falcons)
3. Melbourne – Angus Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons)
4. GWS – Peter Wright (Calder Cannons)
5. Collingwood – Sam Durdin (West Adelaide)
6. GWS – Jarrod Pickett (South Fremantle)
7. GWS – Hugh Goddard (Geelong Falcons)
8. Gold Coast – Liam Duggan (Western Jets)
9. Collingwood – Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers)
10. Geelong – Paul Ahern (Calder Cannons)

For the list with a blurb about each player, head here http://bit.ly/1HGfrmR

Keen to see how it unfolds this afternoon!

Right now Snoop it seems that Adelaide are going to take Tagliabue with 9 ahead of Essendon and the dons will take 210cm beanpole Angus Milham who was on our VFL list this year but didn't play a game.

Would be reasonably happy with that from a Hawks perspective. Think we might take just the one ruckman in the rookie draft rather than in the main draft. Happy if we take Reece McKenzie if available. Don't really want to take Miller as he seems too cimilar to what we have in Woodward but happy to back our recruiters.

I have heard crows real keen on Kovacevic
Huh. I say that because Tagliabue has stopped training with us, indicating that the Crows were going to take him before us.

I do know that he has been interview by your club and mine over the last few weeks Mofra (and two others interstate). I am seriously hoping we take him at 67, but based on the last two seasons with the injuries he has had who knows. I know the lions kept telling him they love his pace and closing speed. I feel if he goes somewhere, they will be pleasantly surprised.

They are his two great attributes and you would think he will be up amongst. No injuries he would have been circa 30-50 for mine. Maybe he is next Jack Leslie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back