Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The photo I posted above also gives a clear indication he's well over the midpoint between Turner and Goddard. it's patently obvious.
Mick's playing height was taken with at least a couple of centimetres of magnificent hair included...plus he's 60 odd now, probably shrunk a centimetre or two.

Goddard's left leg is locked, which gives him his height. And he is 2 cm taller than McCartin.

His legs are inward and his body his leaning, it doesn't give his correct height.

But because Paine's height was incorrectly listed McCartin's must be too.

Your words not mine. I said becuase Paine's height was listed incorrectly its possible.

Either way, McCartin is clearly much closer to Goddard's height, which means he must be around 193, because he's certainly considerably taller than the midpoint between the two, which is 190.

First of all the mid point is correctly shown. Second of all the mid point is 189.5cm. He is probably around 192-193cm.

Jackson Paine was once listed at 194cm. But on the field he definitely didn't look it. It turns out now he is actually 192cm which is what he is currently listed as. I haven't seen McCartin on field but from what I hear is he looks smaller than 194cm, Its not impossible that he is listed incorrectly.
It doesn't matter what height McCartin is he's a much better player then Paine. Paine definitely won't be getting games at Brisbane he's a dud.

He is probably around 192-193cm.

Why ? Why isn't he "probably" what the AFL says he is ?

Here's a snippet from the most recent AFL article on him:

"PATRICK McCartin has more than just a strong pair of hands in common with Nick Riewoldt.

Both key forwards were born in Tasmania (McCartin moved to Geelong when he was four), while the Saints skipper and his potential protégé both stand at just below 194cm tall."

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-10-21/draft-profile-patrick-mccartin

So he's listed on the AFL site at 194 cm, but the article asserts he's "just below", which says to me he's been recently measured, otherwise they wouldn't be so precise in their commentary.

Phew. Case closed.

Last edited:
Why ? Why isn't he "probably" what the AFL says he is ?

Because he to some people he doesn't look it and what the AFL say isn't always right as proven before.

Here's a snippet from the most recent AFL article on him:

"PATRICK McCartin has more than just a strong pair of hands in common with Nick Riewoldt.

Both key forwards were born in Tasmania (McCartin moved to Geelong when he was four), while the Saints skipper and his potential protégé both stand at just below 194cm tall."

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-10-21/draft-profile-patrick-mccartin

So he's listed n the AFL site at 194 cm, but the article asserts he's "just below", which says to me he's been recently measured, otherwise they wouldn't be so precise in their commentary.

Phew. Case closed.

Look I don't really care how tall he is, he will be a gun any ways, just listing reasons why some people don't think he is 194cm.

Because he to some people he doesn't look it and what the AFL say isn't always right as proven before.

Look I don't really care how tall he is, he will be a gun any ways, just listing reasons why some people don't think he is 194cm.

FFS, even I'm sicking of hijacking Snoop's excellent thread.

Btw, you haven't provided "reasons", just speculation. And no-one needs to be told that not all measurements are accurate. But I'll assume the AFL stats are correct unless proven otherwise. You, and others, can please yourself.

Interesting you call Shane Yarran a kid when he is 25, also think Eagles would consider Deluca over Abbott but 50/50 and will go Clem Smith if available late. Mitch McGovern in rookie draft IMO. This is a good phantom draft haven't just copied others though nice one

Thanks pal.

Considered all of them for WCE actually.

Excellent work Snoop Dog you seem to really know your stuff and have obviously done your home work. Love the fact you have gone deep into the Rookie draft. Miller-lewis going to the Eagles would be brilliant for them, such a great kid with massive upside also Brad Walsh to Richmond would be so good for the Tigers he is such a brilliant leader that is ready to go round 1 also another with plenty of upside in him

I quite like the talent of Miller-Lewis and think if he applies himself then could be a real win. Shame we didn't see him at all.

Walsh I am a big fan of. Very compact sort of player and reminds me of Mitchell. I think he could also be one that comes through a rookie draft.

I think that is a bit harsh on him. He was pretty good in the first half of the season and lead us in metres gained by a fair margin. Slowed down in the second half a bit and dropped an important mark but he what he gave us was run and carry and raking long kicks which is why we got him in the first place.

yeah I probably see it differently but to be fair you are not the first to say I was harsh on him. I thought he was ok in the first half but his ball use was still ordinary, the second half he was dreadful. Wasn't just one game where he dropped some important marks (Crows at G) and for a guy on decent money / contract he just didn't stand up when we needed him. I don't think we would have been hunting Varcoe if Young had had a really good year so to me he is under pressure for a spot in the 22. He isn't even in my 25.

You got Jordan De Goey going straight after Richmonds pick at 12. You say that Richmond have openly stated they're after mids but don't mention that they could look at De Goey there.
Have you heard they're not interested or is it an over sight or do you think they rate Duggen higher then De Goey?

I have been hearing for a bit they are very keen on Duggan but yeah was an oversight not to mention him as I think the draft is really wide open at that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be very achievable I would think but there are 3 inside mid types there. With Dunstan and a few others thats a lot of good picks on similar types.
Yeah I see your point SD. Maybe swap ANB/Blakely for Connor Menadue?

Don't know if this has been posted here. But the word is GWS are fairly committed to Pickett probably at 4 because Collingwood may be interested and Goddard. Looking for an on-baller with the other pick.
I would take Blakely but Ahern has been mentioned.

yeah it is and I think Pickett would be at collingwood otherwise.

If you think of the best 22 for next year it is;

B Bugg, Mohr, Patfull
HB Shaw, Davis, Haynes
C Whitfield, Shiel, Griffen
HF Hoskin-Elliott, Cameron, Treloar
F Smith, McCarthy, Lobb
Foll Mumford, Ward, Kelly
Int Palmer, Tomlinson, Greene, Scully

Next best on the list - Coniglio (unlucky), Hampton (be interested as to where he plays), Buntine, Williams, Plowman, Williams, Townsend, Stewart and Kennedy.

Add Pickett, Wright, Ahern and Steele to that and think all the right kinds of players but look they go best available so be interesting. I think there is a view Wright might struggle away from VIC so could see him passed on.

The one who I think would be a great fit is Cockatoo. Love to see him taken at that last spot and I nearly did it. I have seen him for a while and to play the way he did in his first game effectively for the year was stunning. Sure wasn't great opposition but he did things that I think the GWS need. They need some guys who can change games or put them away quickly. WHE and Cameron are the only two that can do that. Hampton has promised it but hasn't delivered. Whitfield might become one.

Yeah SD Miller-Lewis has had a really bad run with injury but the kid can play and like Clem Smith he has a real agressive style and gives everything plus he has the X factor, hopefully a club gives him an opportunity and hopefully he doesnt have any more injury problems.
I'm with you also with Walsh, similar to Mitchell, probably the most professional kid in the draft. Has really worked hard on his pace which was proven with brilliant results at the W.A. State Combine, hopefully he also gets the opportunity at a club.

As a Pie man would be happy with Laverde or DeGoey at pick 5 and would love a tough nut like Maynard at pick 30. If we miss out on Maynard, who else would suit Snoop?

The word is that Pat McCartin would have been a lock for the first five picks if he was 194cm. If he's 193cm i'm hearing he's now unlikely to be drafted at all.

A consensus on his actual height needs to be attained before draft day. Pat McCartins' silence on this issue is beyond comprehension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back