Phantom Draft Snoop Dog Mock National Draft with explanations

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos for the effort but some of your explanations are a tad bizarre.

Firstly, Clancee Pearce does not have a great left boot. He is right-footed. Very right footed.

Also, West Coast cannot pick beyond pick 52.

Ian Richardson is not a solid kid. He is very slight, about 70 kg.

And finally your draft goes far too long.

That said a fair effort. :thumbsu:

I hate it from a sydney perspective. I hate Mckernan and would much rather Yarran. Also why is roughead at 46? I would love sydney to take him with 30. I guess you want him to go to collingwood being a suporter! Oh well, otherwise a good read.

The year you do think putting together a mock draft is too much work will be a sad one. That was a fantastic read Snoop, really appreciate the effort. :thumbsu:

From a Melbourne perspective, I think two of our biggest concerns are pace through the middle and KPF. Watts and Lisle appear to cover our needs up forward, but I noticed that none of the midfield type players you have Melbourne selecting are noted for pace. Was pace something you overlooked for us in place of "solid footballers" on purpose, or was that more to do with the players being best available at those slots?

I hate it from a sydney perspective. I hate Mckernan and would much rather Yarran. Also why is roughead at 46? I would love sydney to take him with 30. I guess you want him to go to collingwood being a suporter! Oh well, otherwise a good read.

He is not Biased that way - Just have to read some of his Player Explanations to see why

Would be rapt to snare O'Keefe and a tall with picks 31 & 32. O'Keefe is one I'm hoping will slide to our 2nd rounder.

Probably the best Mock draft from a Richmond perspective that I've seen so far. Would be more than pleased to get the first 3 players you picked. (Note: we only have 3 picks in the draft this year as it stands.) Addingnquality to the midfield, another KPF with potential and another young ruckman we can develop for a couple of years before we really need him would suit me just fine.

From a Melbourne perspective, I think two of our biggest concerns are pace through the middle and KPF.

I appreciate the effort, but if you were drafting for needs, then you got Melbourne pretty wrong :eek:

KPF is obvious, you only really have one going to us in Watts, as as you said Lisle is more likely to develop into a KPD.

Just to real off a few names - Garland, Rivers, Warnock, Martin, Frawley and Mcnamara(youngest player taken in last years draft) - with all those players being 24 or younger, why do you think we need KPD?

Speed through the middle is a big issue, but none of the players you've given us really have that in spades...

Melbourne are in need of a small defender, so Suban is an alright choice, but I would be unhappy taking him ahead of a speedy midfielder such as Hill...

Another obvious weakness of Melbourne is our ruck division, yet you havn't given us one. If Roughead was available at 35 we would probably take him, if we didn't we would definitely take a punt on someone at 51...

As for Rockliff/ Cockie, they don't fill a specific need in our team, and therefor I would be unhappy with taking them, as small/ medium forwards are something we have plenty of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last I heard, hadn't Geelong only offered Ranga a rookie contract?

And also, I'm not a fan of Fremantle's draft. I'm just not sure why though.

not sure of the latest but was some debate about whether he would accept the rookie and either force Cats to give him a senior spot or go to another club.

In terms of Collingwood, i think Blease is the sort of player that Hine targets. I have my questions because he seems really lightly built although his height is perfect for an onballer. Dont think he'd be ready for footy in 09.

Reckon Roughead would be a great selection where you have him but i think he will be selected a bit higher.

seems some pie fans are thinking about necking themselves if Blease is taken as they are nto sure he is even AFL worthy. glad you show some faith in him....

Roughead I found hard bc he is well liked on this forum but I havent seen the formline to get him into the first two rounds. Time will tell.

Very good read Snoop, it's always interesting to read a few contrasting opinions.

I have major concerns about Cornelius I must say; and I've seen ten or more games of him this year. Yes, he has very sticky mits, but he's not overly quick, and at his light build and in-between height, I just can't see him as more than a third tall.

He seems to go missing far too often, especially at VFL level, and doesn't work hard enough off the ball.

I have him middle/late second round, so I'd be interested to see what you think his other advantages are?

Look I dont think we are far away from each other so no real debate on it. Would happily accept he could slip but I am a fan given his consistency over the last few years. I think the fact he has proven himself against men at a young age is important and the fact that at times he has shown he can change the direction of a game in a side where he gets little support. The game vs NSW or QLD last year sticks in my mind as a game where I was just really impressed with his game breaking ability.

Kudos for the effort but some of your explanations are a tad bizarre.

Firstly, Clancee Pearce does not have a great left boot. He is right-footed. Very right footed.

Also, West Coast cannot pick beyond pick 52.

Ian Richardson is not a solid kid. He is very slight, about 70 kg.

And finally your draft goes far too long.

That said a fair effort. :thumbsu:

Ref re Richardson being solid was more 'solid as in player perf' so apols for the poor grammer. Like the ref to Pearce being LF I can only blame the fact I wrote a chunk of this on an overnight flight recently and think I got caught up with Pearce reminding me of Myers who is a real fav player of mine. Agree his left is ordinary

So you are blaming me for wanting Roughead at Pies bc I am a Pie supporter when you want him at Sydney and you are a Sydney supporter...hmmmm

The year you do think putting together a mock draft is too much work will be a sad one. That was a fantastic read Snoop, really appreciate the effort. :thumbsu:

From a Melbourne perspective, I think two of our biggest concerns are pace through the middle and KPF. Watts and Lisle appear to cover our needs up forward, but I noticed that none of the midfield type players you have Melbourne selecting are noted for pace. Was pace something you overlooked for us in place of "solid footballers" on purpose, or was that more to do with the players being best available at those slots?

totally agree with above - each time I was looking for pace but it just never seemed to land. In saying that Beams isnt slow and McMahon isnt either.

# 55 Essendon – John McDonald (Sturt / 180 / 78)

This is a very speculative pick and one Sheedy would definitely be up for in the good old days. This kid is a bit of a larrikin from all reports and I think was one of the SA boys who got cut from the sa squad for last years champs. Pacy type who has a heap of x factor about him. Typically plays on a flank or fwd pocket and is very exciting around goals. Particularly good at reading the ball from contested situations in the highlights I have seen but best to defer to one of the SA boys for more. If he gets the right coaching programme he would be a wonderful addition from such a late pick.

This caught my eye. Not doubting the ability at all but just wondering that after the whole Hislop affair that has just unfolded if we would be looking at any Larrikins.

Snoop's is always the best mock draft.

last year he got Collingwood's picks spot on as well as a few others.
I love the Snoopster, and this was a great read, but that's just plain wrong. IIRC last year Snoop had us taking Callan Ward with #31, in the very least it wasn't John McCarthy, and he had Thoolen going to Carlton in the 30's.

As I mentioned on the Pies board, I think Roughead is a realistic chance at the Pies' two third-rounders because clubs rarely take ruckmen highly in the draft and this draft will have at least two in the first round (ie. Naitanui, Vickery) already, with McKernan, Trengove etc. to follow.

Ash Smith would be a nice pick-up at #29, although if I had the choice I'd probably side with Hannebery who went #34.

Also, I'm not as big a Blease fan as you are, but obviously what I think is irrelevant if Hine is keen.

Great stuff though Snoop. :thumbsu:

Snoop you didnt include Andrew Browne, was this an error or you dont rate him?

well picked bc I think I had him last yr. I do like him but I think he is a player clubs will feel more confident about taking as a rookie. The development rucks like Clarke I think will go first. Given Pies will only take 4 and I think most will be mids Browne would be the type of ruckmen the Pies would look at developing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back