Snoops Annual List Strategy incl Trade & DRAFT targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Shiel Leave GWS to come to Collingwood where GWS is set to Dominate the AFL for at least the next Decade?
He likes wearing black and white than run around looking like an orange M&M

Schae sounds like about Exacly what we need as a young gun at tge KPF postion

Good Height as well at 199cm. Same as Darcy Moore.

he would be ideal but i think come draft day he may be in the top 5 or so lot will depend on where we land.

Its an interesting as to whether you take a kid like him or Weidemann / McKay etc or go and get a Henderson with that pick.

does essendon trade with any one.the most untouchable list in the league.

only would this year go for jake carlislie. tall forward is a must in the draft if possible and it will depend how high or low
we finish on the ladder to get the right one
Hopefully we will be able to get the Weed, doubt we will get Schache

he would be ideal but i think come draft day he may be in the top 5 or so lot will depend on where we land.

Its an interesting as to whether you take a kid like him or Weidemann / McKay etc or go and get a Henderson with that pick.

So we would have to Trade into the Top 5 to get Schae?

Can you tell us more Snoop Dog about McKay?

So you think we will chase Lachie Henderson?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Lions jumped at him, although will they have to use their first pick on an academy kid?

We'd be nuts to give up our first round pick for Henderson. That's a move for a team trying to keep their premiership window open a bit longer, not get a developing team into the eight.

IT likely one of the GWS long guns will drop out somehow during trade week. Had dot predict who but most likely they will lose 1. But it will cost. We have limited trade cards. I think we need to get a long tall in if we can't trade for one. But you need pretty low picks. Too far out to predict the lay of land, but the trend of increased player movement and young guns making big moves is likely to continue.

So we would have to Trade into the Top 5 to get Schae?

Can you tell us more Snoop Dog about McKay?

So you think we will chase Lachie Henderson?

I think Schache will be a top 3-5 selection. So many clubs are after talls and he is as good as has been around in a while in my view. He has a want to crash packs and bust them open and he is the type you can build sides around. There isnt many weak spots in his game. Testing will be big for him as will want to know his speed and acceleration etc but from what I have seen he will be fine. Be staggered if he doesnt run a circa 3s for the 20m.

Re McKay he is one from the Gippsland Pwoer (Warragul). Been known locally but only played TAC this year and has really impressed with traning, athletic ability and performances. Lot of upside to him and wouldnt doubt he would already be around the 10-25 range.

Re Henderson I think its a really interesting question for the club. If they think they are close to a premiership and want to have a tilt through 2016-19 then he might be the man to get us there. Good foil for Cloke. Could swing back and forward with Reid. He would be interesting. Suspect Carlton will want a pick but I could see them asking for Witts, Brown, Frost or Grundy.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Lions jumped at him, although will they have to use their first pick on an academy kid?

If the Lions finish low enough they may not. I really like Ben Keays and I suspect with the discount the Rd 2 selection (lets say 20) along with the Rd 3 might get them the points to do it albeit it will count them out of some of the others unless they can use future picks but that is risky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Witt's and a first rounder would be plenty for some of our GWS & GC targets. Witt's may turn out to be the next Sandilands, but I reckon he's surplus with Grundy there. Get a Ben Hudson type in to help Grundy if he gets injured throughout the season, etc

Re McKay he is one from the Gippsland Pwoer (Warragul). Been known locally but only played TAC this year and has really impressed with traning, athletic ability and performances. Lot of upside to him and wouldnt doubt he would already be around the 10-25 range.

Is he playing in the u-18 Champs?

Re Henderson I think its a really interesting question for the club. If they think they are close to a premiership and want to have a tilt through 2016-19 then he might be the man to get us there. Good foil for Cloke. Could swing back and forward with Reid. He would be interesting. Suspect Carlton will want a pick but I could see them asking for Witts, Brown, Frost or Grundy.

IF
Carlton asked for 1 of Witts, Frost or Grundy I would tell them to get Stuffed.

I might trade Brown for him ONLY because of his Injury History

Re Henderson I think its a really interesting question for the club. If they think they are close to a premiership and want to have a tilt through 2016-19 then he might be the man to get us there. Good foil for Cloke. Could swing back and forward with Reid.
Good idea, would make our rehab group much less predictable.

While I don't wish to lose Witts to get someone like a Shiel it might almost be worth it.

Difficult decision but Shiel is killing it at present and Treloar isn't far behind.

I can't see how we'd be able to get either without offering up someone who should have appeal to GWS.

Swings and Roundabouts

We will get a big fish this year we have lost plenty its time now just like the Dogs were able to land a big name player

Would you want a big name player at that cost? Dogs need it as much for their off field financial strength with a marquee player, but will struggle in 2 to 3 years to keep all their young kids.

I cannot remember any of the recent premiership sides getting a big name player especially for money, When I say big name I mean someone like a Boyd who is a number 1 draft pick potentially a generational player. I would consider a Frawley or Lake not in the same league

Would you want a big name player at that cost? Dogs need it as much for their off field financial strength with a marquee player, but will struggle in 2 to 3 years to keep all their young kids.

I cannot remember any of the recent premiership sides getting a big name player especially for money, When I say big name I mean someone like a Boyd who is a number 1 draft pick potentially a generational player. I would consider a Frawley or Lake not in the same league

I don't want Dangerfield but someone like Shiel on a 5 year 3 million dollar deal would be perfect

Don't pretend to know how much is enough, but I'd prefer Shiel to Danger anyway.
Danger's likely salary doesn't work for me - although I'm aware he has only just turned 25..

The salary is only one side of the discussion though. Danger is a freebie, who knows what a Shiel or Treloar would cost in terms of draft picks and player(s).

The salary is only one side of the discussion though. Danger is a freebie, who knows what a Shiel or Treloar would cost in terms of draft picks and player(s).

Would you say either have more or less value than Beams had at the end of last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back