Snoops Annual List Strategy incl Trade & DRAFT targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Can he really defend? How much has he really turned it around since Geelong - who were and are desperate for KPPs - delisted him? Didn't he play most of the year in the forward line?
Honestly no idea, all I've seen of him was the VFL final when he tore us apart after Marsh went down.

I reckon Keeffe drops his head too easy. Brown has it over him between the ears.

I reckon that's a problem, but I think having Nathan Brown a solid rock down in defence and as the leadership matures down there I think he'll be fine.

I suspect Matthew Perry would want an exorbitant amount of money per game.

Bad jokes aside, you've mentioned Kerbatieh before, sounds great will start watching his vids as we get closer to draft time.
I also think hes not looking super fit
But on the upside he can be everybody's friend

image.jpg

Wearing a nice black and white tie so obviously he wants to be with us.

Not sure he's looking that fit though.

Cmom man.. that would be like trading a set of steak knives for a filthy rusted set of used steak knives from Thomastown market. Of course hawthorn would trade ryan 'bros' shoenmakers for frost.

Do still think they'll do that?

Really need speed for mine in this trade period along with some solutions for the forward half.

Freeman and Seedsman were players we had high hopes for and to get a couple of pick 20-30's back is going to make it hard to replace them. Greenwood, Pendles, Sidebottom, De Goey, Swan, Adams are all players who area a bit one paced. Treloar will solve it a little but he isn't blistering.

Also need to look at the forward set up and I am probably of the mind that Howe will be a good fix. I was pretty impressed with him when he played us. Really surprised we aren't all over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 area's we need to address.

Midfield - Outside Pace with Quality Ball Use and Kicking Depth (Isaac Smith Type)
Defence - Quality Running Half Back with Elite Ball Use (Birchall/Kolodjashnij Type)
Forward - Jack Gunston Type and/or Quality Small Crumbing Forward (Matera Type)

Midfield - Outside Pace with Quality Ball Use and Kicking Depth (Isaac Smith Type)
Defence - Quality Running Half Back with Elite Ball Use (Birchall/Kolodjashnij Type)
Treloar has pace. has Aish got any ?

Really need speed for mine in this trade period along with some solutions for the forward half.

Freeman and Seedsman were players we had high hopes for and to get a couple of pick 20-30's back is going to make it hard to replace them. Greenwood, Pendles, Sidebottom, De Goey, Swan, Adams are all players who area a bit one paced. Treloar will solve it a little but he isn't blistering.

Totally agree Snoop. We will need to address losing that speed over the next year or two. We could also lose speed with BK too (if he goes to Dees).

Think we may have to look to the draft for speed, along with securing a dynamic crumber who can kick goals (something we've missed for a long time - no disrespect intended to Blairy). Fas and Jamie are great up fwd of course, but they like to get air born too much. Geez wouldn't Archee fill that void (I can only dream).

Obviously Treloar will help address pace. And although we probably won't be able to utilise any 1st Round picks in draft, we might have a couple in mid 20's .... We could look to pick up some early 2nd rounders (and hopefully sliders) to fill some of these voids.

I like Rylie Bonner (elite kick, runner - could develop into midfield/winger). Milera is another classy outside mid who might slide (and ease the pain of possibly missing out on Aish). Ryan Clarke perhaps (speedy type, goal kicking/good defensive pressure )?

Also need to look at the forward set up and I am probably of the mind that Howe will be a good fix. I was pretty impressed with him when he played us. Really surprised we aren't all over him.

OK... sure I would take Howe, no probs there. But I'd much rather take aim at a big scalp like an up and coming true KPF!

Obviously a long shot, but wouldn't a Tom Lynch (Suns) hit the sweet spot!

He'd be the type I would go hard on even though he's practically an untouchable. I think his contract comes up next year so my strategy would be to go after him with a sh1t load of cash! He's just about to turn 23 so he's ripe for the picking, kicked 43 goals in a very average team this year, is still developing and could simply slot straight into CHF/FF.

Hypothetically speaking... Let's just say he's open to offers cause his home sick and Uncle Rodney would have to let him go (at least they would get something for him before his contract comes up next year). Not sure what it would take to tempt him back to Victoria, maybe a 5 mil 6 year 800+ offer (yes, we'd have to back end his contract - but clubs have to take risks). Would also give us more versatility to free up guys like Reidy and Moore to go back into def and ruck.

Possible Trade scenario:
Treloar = 2015 1st Rd (7) & 2nd Rd (26)
Lynch = 2016 1st Rd, Seedsman (to Suns) & Saints - pick 24 (Freeman)

Possible Draft scenario: (secure speedy outside mid/half fwds)
BK = to Dees for pick 25 (hopefully)
Pies Rd 3 (pick 44)

And yes, I'm dreaming!
/rant

OK... sure I would take Howe, no probs there. But I'd much rather take aim at a big scalp like an up and coming true KPF!

Obviously a long shot, but wouldn't a Tom Lynch (Suns) hit the sweet spot!

He'd be the type I would go hard on even though he's practically an untouchable. I think his contract comes up next year so my strategy would be to go after him with a sh1t load of cash! He's just about to turn 23 so he's ripe for the picking, kicked 43 goals in a very average team this year, is still developing and could simply slot straight into CHF/FF.

Hypothetically speaking... Let's just say he's open to offers cause his home sick and Uncle Rodney would have to let him go (at least they would get something for him before his contract comes up next year). Not sure what it would take to tempt him back to Victoria, maybe a 5 mil 6 year 800+ offer (yes, we'd have to back end his contract - but clubs have to take risks). Would also give us more versatility to free up guys like Reidy and Moore to go back into def and ruck.

Possible Trade scenario:
Treloar = 2015 1st Rd (7) & 2nd Rd (26)
Lynch = 2016 1st Rd, Seedsman (to Suns) & Saints - pick 24 (Freeman)

Possible Draft scenario: (secure speedy outside mid/half fwds)
BK = to Dees for pick 25 (hopefully)
Pies Rd 3 (pick 44)

And yes, I'm dreaming!
/rant

If only Lynch wanted to come. That would be a very fair deal. Do you rate Sam Day or Brad Matera? I wonder if a swap of Matera for Seedsman would be possible.

Let say we get picks for all these players then I suspect we are probably looking at;

# 22 Gold Coast for Paul Seedsman

# 24 St Kilda for Nathan Freeman

# 26 Collingwood - Our 2nd round

# 29 which Melbourne get from Port for Jimmy Toumpas and in turn to us for Kennedy

# 44 Our 3rd Round

# 62 our 4th round

we may even be using our 5th round or letting it roll over to a PSD or additional rookie selection or something. Makes me wonder if cutting Sam Dwyer wasn't a bit premature. If BK, Seeds and Freeman all want out our mid depth has just plummeted.

My preferences for players at moment would be (and remember some of these are just required for depth given 3 21 -23 yo's are going plus Dwyer);

OMeara - my mail is that he is being spoken about. Not sure how you would get it done but next year first round would be a starting point.

Still hoping could get the deal done for James Aish. Our first rounder next year or Oxley / Seedsman and a pick 22 would get close.

Jeremy Howe for mine is needed. We need that medium forward type player to work with Cloke and Moore. I reckon the pick 24 would get that done.

Quite like possibility of Brad Matera from Suns but think that is probably unlikely. Straight swap for Seedsman would deliver him.

Curt Hampton would be handy because of his pace but he isn't elite. I think that could be packaged into Treloar deal without much issue.

Matt Suckling which you would get for nothing and has elite kicking.

If only Lynch wanted to come. That would be a very fair deal. Do you rate Sam Day or Brad Matera? I wonder if a swap of Matera for Seedsman would be possible.

Suns had a crap season on and off the ground... that's got to hinder some players development/performances so it makes their season a little harder to rate.

IMO both guys are cherry ripe atm... Matera might give us a little extra zip around goals. Think he's stats suggest he'd be pretty handy, somewhere around the Blairy level, but if he made the move I'd think he'd definitely improve at pie land.

I don't mind Sam Day, but from what I know of him and from looking at his profile/stats.. I'm not sure if he'll give us what we need over time, so I'm thinking we'd be better off lashing out and targeting a better quality KPF.

If we can't get that, possibly seek out a more versatile/agile 190+ cm outside mid/medium fwd until we can land a big fish. Possibly Howe? Who else is there?

Let say we get picks for all these players then I suspect we are probably looking at;

# 22 Gold Coast for Paul Seedsman

# 24 St Kilda for Nathan Freeman

# 26 Collingwood - Our 2nd round

# 29 which Melbourne get from Port for Jimmy Toumpas and in turn to us for Kennedy

# 44 Our 3rd Round

# 62 our 4th round

we may even be using our 5th round or letting it roll over to a PSD or additional rookie selection or something. Makes me wonder if cutting Sam Dwyer wasn't a bit premature. If BK, Seeds and Freeman all want out our mid depth has just plummeted.

My preferences for players at moment would be (and remember some of these are just required for depth given 3 21 -23 yo's are going plus Dwyer);

OMeara - my mail is that he is being spoken about. Not sure how you would get it done but next year first round would be a starting point.

Still hoping could get the deal done for James Aish. Our first rounder next year or Oxley / Seedsman and a pick 22 would get close.

Jeremy Howe for mine is needed. We need that medium forward type player to work with Cloke and Moore. I reckon the pick 24 would get that done.

Quite like possibility of Brad Matera from Suns but think that is probably unlikely. Straight swap for Seedsman would deliver him.

Curt Hampton would be handy because of his pace but he isn't elite. I think that could be packaged into Treloar deal without much issue.

Matt Suckling which you would get for nothing and has elite kicking.

I mainly agree with you. I'm just not confident that we'll get Aish and that our Top 4/GF assualt will happen in 2017, so I'm likely to pass on Suckling. I havne't heard anything on O'Meara, but would imagine that is unlikely this year and TBH, do we need him? So at this stage this is my realistically scenario to replace depth/speed that we've lost:

Trade:
1. Treloar = 2015 1st Rd & 2nd 2016
2. Paul Seedsman = Brad Matera
3. # 26 Collingwood = Jeremy Howe
4. Kennedy = Aaron Young ( BK > Melb > Toumpas > Port > Arron Young > Pies)

Draft:
5. Nathan Freeman (Saints # 24) = Rylie Bonner or Wayne Milera
6. # 44 Our 3rd Round
7. # 62 our 4th round

--------------------------------------
Preferable and optimistic scenario:

Trade:
1. Treloar = 2015 1st & 2nd Rd
2. 1st Round 2016, # 22 (Gold Coast for Paul Seedsman) #24 (St Kilda for Nathan Freeman) & # 44 (3rd Rd) = a Josh Bruce (contracted to Saints til 2016) or a Tom Lynch (contracted to Suns til 2016)
3. Kennedy = Aaron Young ( BK > Melb > Toumpas > Port > Arron Young > Pies)

These 3 players would be in our first 22 starters. It leaves our depth short and doesn't leave much for Draft, but we need a KPF and Arron Young looks like he would buy into our culture after playing 2nd fiddle as a sub for Port for so long. Maybe we could take advantage of Rookie draft and bring in a couple of mature recruits?

C'mon.. shoot me down. :p

I mainly agree with you. I'm just not confident that we'll get Aish and that our Top 4/GF assualt will happen in 2017, so I'm likely to pass on Suckling. I havne't heard anything on O'Meara, but would imagine that is unlikely this year and TBH, do we need him? So at this stage this is my realistically scenario to replace depth/speed that we've lost:

Trade:
2. Paul Seedsman = Brad Matera
3. # 26 Collingwood = Jeremy Howe
4. Kennedy = Aaron Young ( BK > Melb > Toumpas > Port > Arron Young > Pies)

Draft:
5. Nathan Freeman (Saints # 24) = Rylie Bonner or Wayne Milera
6. # 44 Our 3rd Round
7. # 62 our 4th round

--------------------------------------
Preferable and optimistic scenario:

Trade:
1. Treloar = 2015 1st & 2nd Rd
2. 1st Round 2016, # 22 (Gold Coast for Paul Seedsman) #24 (St Kilda for Nathan Freeman) & # 44 (3rd Rd) = a Josh Bruce (contracted to Saints til 2016) or a Tom Lynch (contracted to Suns til 2016)
3. Kennedy = Aaron Young ( BK > Melb > Toumpas > Port > Arron Young > Pies)

These 3 players would be in our first 22 starters. It leaves our depth short and doesn't leave much for Draft, but we need a KPF and Arron Young looks like he would buy into our culture after playing 2nd fiddle as a sub for Port for so long. Maybe we could take advantage of Rookie draft and bring in a couple of mature recruits?

C'mon.. shoot me down. :p

i think the first scenario works but I dont really understand the love for Aaron Young.

Re second scenario Saints won't budge on Bruce any more than Suns on Lynch. If Lynch demanded wanted home maybe but if memory serves he has resigned recently and or pledged to them.

i think the first scenario works but I dont really understand the love for Aaron Young.

Re second scenario Saints won't budge on Bruce any more than Suns on Lynch. If Lynch demanded wanted home maybe but if memory serves he has resigned recently and or pledged to them.

Aaron Young as he's been bandied around.... and yes, definitely a wish list with KPFs.

OK how about...

2. Howe = 26
3. Matera = Seedsman
4. Suckling = 29 (BK/Toumpas)
5. Aish = 24 (Freeman to Saints) & Oxley
Then goto draft with picks 44, 62 etc..

Or (if Aish stays at Lions)

1. Treloar & 2. Tomlinson = 2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd Rds & 2nd 2016
3. Matera = Seedsman
4. Suckling = 29 (BK/Toumpas 3 way)
Then goto draft with pick 24 (Freeman to Saints), 62 etc... and Rookie list Shane Yarran (instead of Howe)

Either way we'd have some of our run and depth back and with a couple of fwd options

Aaron Young as he's been bandied around.... and yes, definitely a wish list with KPFs.

OK how about...

2. Howe = 26
3. Matera = Seedsman
4. Suckling = 29 (BK/Toumpas)
5. Aish = 24 (Freeman to Saints) & Oxley
Then goto draft with picks 44, 62 etc..

Or (if Aish stays at Lions)

1. Treloar & 2. Tomlinson = 2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd Rds & 2nd 2016
3. Matera = Seedsman
4. Suckling = 29 (BK/Toumpas 3 way)
Then goto draft with pick 24 (Freeman to Saints), 62 etc... and Rookie list Shane Yarran (instead of Howe)

Either way we'd have some of our run and depth back and with a couple of fwd options
Suckling is FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back