Snoops Annual Player Review, List and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

How different a player is Lever to Scharenberg?
Without trying to categorise the lads, and although they're both been tagged as defenders, it looks to me as though Lever digs the hard contest, crash and bash style with good pack marking skills. Whereas Schazza seems a little more silky and probably more versatile too. Reads play well and could play forward or back if needed.

Last edited:
So Levi has nominated Pies and essentially joins Moore.. that's 2!

Who's next? Is Redden still a chance (even though Leppa has said he's not going anywhere)? Or will we have to look at a third party?

I'm hopeful Lions will come around and cough up pick 5 and if not Redden, we might be able to snag Aish? Although now that it appears we have Levi, pick 5 and 25 is becoming a lot more realistic.

Who's next? Is Redden still a chance (even though Leppa has said he's not going anywhere)? Or will we have to look at a third party?

I'm hopeful Lions will come around and cough up pick 5 and if not Redden, we might be able to snag Aish? Although now that it appears we have Levi, we pick 5 and 25 is becoming a lot more realistic.

Only if that was Hine's strategy all along....we will get what Hine wants.

How do we rate de Goey after the TAC GF? I quite like the kid but haven't heard how he went in the combine.

I haven't seen all his testing yet but from earlier in the year his testing was solid but had him more as a high HF type than a mid. I think he was working on it. I'll post up his beep and 3km when i get it.

I'm hopeful Lions will come around and cough up pick 5 and if not Redden, we might be able to snag Aish? Although now that it appears we have Levi, pick 5 and 25 is becoming a lot more realistic.

I think so but i think pies are going to go and test the market as not convinced he isn't just going for money as much as Dad. IF the Suns come in with $750k over 5 years and Pies help pay a chunk in Yr 1 then we may just land picks 8 and 14 for him. Clearly Pies have put him out there.

What has one got to do with the other?
Re last sentence

What has one got to do with the other?
Re last sentence

Levi is a ready made replacement for Beams, albeit not as good. Even so we might settle with Lions for pick 5 and 25 instead of pick 5 and a Beams replacement such as a Redden?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so but i think pies are going to go and test the market as not convinced he isn't just going for money as much as Dad. IF the Suns come in with $750k over 5 years and Pies help pay a chunk in Yr 1 then we may just land picks 8 and 14 for him. Clearly Pies have put him out there.

Could this work?
Pies pick 14 to GWS for Jacksh (and if possible a swap of a second rounder)
Jacksh and pick 8 to Saints for pick 1 (and hope for a swap of a later pick somewhere)
Pies get pick 1 and hopefully swap a couple of later picks for earlier ones in the low 20's

3 year list forecast (to a Flag):

Pies Best in 2015 Pre-Trades:

*Upgrade required

FB Williams Frost Toovey
HB Langdon Reid Seedsman
C Freeman Adams Sidebottom
HF Swan White Broomhead
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy
Foll Witts Pendels Beams

Int Goldsack, Grundy, Fasolo, Karnezis

The Future: Moore, Sharenberg, Marsh
Depth: NBrown, Keeffe, Oxely, Gault, Sinclair, Ramsay, JThomas

Pies in 2016 (Without a FA signing):

*Upgrade required

FB Williams Frost Langdon
HB Seedsman Reid Sharenberg
HF Swan White Broomhead
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy
Foll Witts Pendels Greenwood

The Future: Moore, Marsh, Picks 5||Rnd 2||Round from 2015 Draft)

Pies in 2017 (Without a FA signing):

*Upgrade required

HF Pick42015 Moore Broomhead
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy

Int Goldsack, Grundy, Fasolo, Rnd 2||Rnd3 2015 draft

The Future: Marsh, Rnd 2||Rnd3 from 2015 Draft, Rnd1||Rnd 2||Round3 from 2016 Draft

That would be great twice over - to screw Brisbane too.

3 year list forecast (to a Flag):

Pies Best in 2015 Pre-Trades:

*Upgrade required

FB Williams Frost Toovey
HB Langdon Reid Seedsman
HF Swan White Broomhead
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy
Foll Witts Pendels Beams

The Future: Moore, Sharenberg, Marsh

Pies in 2016 (Without a FA signing):

*Upgrade required

HF Swan White Broomhead
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy

The Future: Moore, Marsh, Picks 5||Rnd 2||Round from 2015 Draft)

Pies in 2017 (Without a FA signing):

*Upgrade required

HF Pick42015 Moore Broomhead
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy

Int Goldsack, Grundy, Fasolo, Rnd 2||Rnd3 2015 draft

The Future: Marsh, Rnd 2||Rnd3 from 2015 Draft, Rnd1||Rnd 2||Round3 from 2016 Draft

Looks good doesn't it but a few others are on improve as well. If Lions get beams and Christensen they will be good to around then with Suns, GWS and potentially a couple of others who have good young lists.

The worry is that list without pick 5.

Am hoping Suns ot GWS come into market for dayne.

Sanity check required please!

A reasonable scenario that I think should get everything across the line. It's not perfect but it's never going to be is it. Obviously only concerned with the Pies > < movements.

Pies > Beams (Lions), Heritier (Dees)
Pies < 5 (Lions), 23 (Dees), Crisp (Lions), Levi (Roos), Varcoe (Cats)

Bris < Beams (Pies), Christensen (Cats)
Bris > 5, Crisp (Pies), 21 (Cats)*, 25 (Roos)

Roos > Levi (Pies)
Roos < 25 (Bris)

Dees > Pick 48 (Ontraded from Cats for Clark)
Dees < Heritier (Pies)

Cats > Varcoe (Pies), Christensen (Bris)
Cats < 21 (Bris), Clark (Dees), Pick 30 + 48 (Pies)

* Pick 21 on traded from GWS to Brisbane (for Patfull) and then on to Cats.

ZerokooL

Look it's nothing like what GWS are offering but I think we take and move on. I've said many times I think its line ball if you take crisp or 25 but I did really like his form late in the year, he's a terrific size and ball user and just really looks like growing into a powerful player.

In saying that, Picks in the 20s can be hit (think Dunstan, hartung, broomhead and Taylor recently) or miss but this is a good draft in my view and we have a crack team.

To be honest I would prefer 5, 21, 25 and crisp and no Varcoe but the coach wants him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back