So how bad are Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say…I'm looking forward to Saturday arvo in a fairly ghoulish kinda way...

Haven't seen Melbourne play live since '11 and am obviously interested in how we react to the horror…THE HORROR!!!!!

I have the Benny Hill music in my head already.

Nailed it!

Played like a team who simply didn't want to be out there today. Field kicking was terrible and our shots on goal worse.
We won't get near the Dogs @ Etihad next week.

But well done Melbourne - really hard at the contest and made Carlton play when you went inside F50.

Add in a young Jesse Hogan and a second ruck (Max Gawn please), Col Garland down back and we certainly have some talent at either end of the ground. Such a footy tragedy that Clark is gone, could've had something very promising.

Still have the worst midfield in the league probably. But at least Viney and Tyson provide hope and Cross and Vince give the support to Nath Jones that he needs now.

If we keep progressing in a Roos game plan that should be 1 on 1, contested footy and not focus on any special ball movement plan (just a mix of possession and attack, nothing overly technical) then we will get better. This first win is huge. Massive shame we were so ordinary up forward against St Kilda in round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a solid win, albeit against an undermanned side that is down on confidence.

There is however some light on the hill now, with Jamar, Garland and Hogan to come into the side and Toumpas, Trengove, Gawn and Salem in the wings. The season may not be a total disaster after all.

It was a solid win, albeit against an undermanned side that is down on confidence.

There is however some light on the hill now, with Jamar, Garland and Hogan to come into the side and Toumpas, Trengove, Gawn and Salem in the wings. The season may not be a total disaster after all.
They have only two players on their injury list...

Won't win many but there is talent there, still a long way back but they have the right off field pillars in place at least

They have only two players on their injury list...
True but Mick swung the axe to make a statement. Waite and Garlett are clearly best 22. Two down on the bench as well.

Still far and away the best effort I've seen from a Melbourne side in a long, long while.

“Oh, there’s no question they have made a mistake. Gee, it’s going to be nasty,” one recruiter told the Herald Sun this week.

They neglected to mention the "unnamed recruiter" was Phil Scully.

They're bad, but not Carlton bad.

bust.gif

Against a wHAT??????? undermanned???? they just dropped experienced lazy bums if you need to know.. what other BS excuses does one need to lose against a team that have resembled witches hats for much of the last couple of years??? Down on confidence… of ??? they had more SCORING SHOTS FFS!!

Carlton fans have every right to be FILTHY… HEADS may have to keep on rolling because the message simply isn't getting thru.

John 'Mopsy' Rantall was getting less than $40 a game.. still busted his arse back in the day to earn his stripes..

Meanwhile.. the Dee's faithful are lapping it up.. IT's a GRAND OLD FLAG, it's A HIGH FLYING FLAG… it's the emblem for me and for…

ifbaTmtAoc8RZ_zps536e15be.gif

I've said elsewhere I wouldn't be shocked if they make the finals in Roos' 3rd year.

How recently did Port lose to GWS? There were some people who would have gussed that Port would be dead by now, not beating teams by 100 points.

I believe any team can go from rock bottom to the finals in 3 years if they make enough good decisions. Melbourne included.

Against a wHAT??????? undermanned???? they just dropped experienced lazy bums if you need to know.. what other BS excuses does one need to lose against a team that have resembled witches hats for much of the last couple of years??? Down on confidence… of ??? they had more SCORING SHOTS FFS!!

Carlton fans have every right to be FILTHY… HEADS may have to keep on rolling because the message simply isn't getting thru.

John 'Mopsy' Rantall was getting less than $40 a game.. still busted his arse back in the day to earn his stripes..

Meanwhile.. the Dee's faithful are lapping it up.. IT's a GRAND OLD FLAG, it's A HIGH FLYING FLAG… it's the emblem for me and for…

ifbaTmtAoc8RZ_zps536e15be.gif
Wow.

Deep breath dude.

True but Mick swung the axe to make a statement. Waite and Garlett are clearly best 22. Two down on the bench as well.

Still far and away the best effort I've seen from a Melbourne side in a long, long while.
"clearly' is an overstatement.
Waite could well be in the top 10 most over paid, over-rated, under performed, dumbest, worst bloke, crappest joke in VFL/AFL history.
His dad must have been a genuinely great player because his son has dined out on his dads reputation for 14 years. JOKE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back