Review So It's Come to This: An Adam Simpson Clip Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 18 - v Richmond
The first half of the split round, everything was coming up Milhouse: we'd won our last game, we had a mathematical chance of making the finals and our next opponents had had their name changed to Shitmond by deed poll halfway through the season.
9f01-024.jpg

Pictured: we wear short shorts

Of course, as those of you who didn't take those self-hypnosis courses to repress the memory of this game (10 months later and I still think I'm a chicken!) will recall, things didn't work out quite so well.

no-tv-and-no-beer-o.gif

Pictured: No effort and no skills make Adam something something...

Round 19 - v Adelaide
After the previous week's - let me be blunt - labour crisis, the doomsayers were out in force for this game. We'd be flogged, we'd be humiliated, our finals hopes would be blown out of the water, we'd be destroyed as a football club.
960.jpg

Pictured: BigFooty Tip Sheet Round 19 2014

Only one man, one brave man (named Adam Simpson) had the courage to predict victory. And he was right!

314.jpg

I know, I'm scared too.

Round 20 - v Collingwood
Sometimes in life, you come across someone you just hate. You can't remember how it started, maybe it was taxes, maybe he spanked your boy, maybe they represent the worst of the VFL mentality that dogs the AFL. Whatever the reason, one of the sweetest things in your life after meeting them, is absolutely humiliating them.

twobadneighbors3.png

Pictured: What we did to Collingwood

Ohhhh how sweet it is!

Round 21 - v Essendon
Say you have a friend, someone you really liked, but that friend did something bad. Something that, in normal circumstances, would be enough to end the friendship. But you decide you don't care, you still like them, and to show it you make a little gesture. It could be decorating their father's car with seashells or blatantly cheering for them when you're an allegedly neutral commentary team, either way it's enough to let them know you still love them. But for the people on the other side of your gesture...
image.jpg
"Sweet merciful crap! Our finals chances!"

Round 22 - v Melbourne
After the frustration of last week, Eagles supporters continued to cling doggedly to the hope of making the finals.
image.jpg

"We just need GWS to win, we're still good! We're still good!"

In the end it was a crushing victory for the Eagles, keeping that glimmer of a chance to make the 8 alive.
homerthevigilante4.png

Adam Simpson: Well Mr Roos, it seems that Melbourne were beaten by the very team that were trying to beat them.
Mackenzie: How ironic.

Round 23 - v Gold Coast
Those hopes were dashed when Sydney made a bold attempt to rekindle their rivalry with the Eagles by losing to Richmond to keep West Coast out of the 8. Well played, Sydney, well played. But there was still a game to be played and a conundrum to be faced: win and save some face or lose and get an earlier draft pick. From the outset it was clear which option we'd picked. We wanted our elephant:
3773309_std.jpg

Next: what the off season holds

Offseason

Apart from wishing on the turkey bone that Fremantle fail (bags their china hutch), this part of the season is dominated by thoughts of Trade Month and a Half and the Insert Sponsor Here Draft. Unless he's snared by Adelaide, who are looking for someone cheap to be their CEO after their last one lost all their money, Craig Hutzo will again be handling our trade negotiations.
burnsheir2.png

Melbourne: Excuse me, is there a gun midfielder around here?
Hutzo: I'll trade you Ash Smith, he's half that.
Melbourne: Well why don't you just spit in our mouths.

And calling out the names at the draft.
vlcsnap9895.png

Hutzo: I'll take... Milhouse.
Essendon: We'll take Jake Lever!
Hutzo: D'oh!

Meanwhile, back on the field Coach Simpson will be busy trying to teach his charges his new game plan.
image.jpg
"Okay half of you vibrate that way, two of you fall down, Naitanui you just spin around in a circle."

Of course there are also a couple of major decisions to be made. I can think of no better way to finish this clip-show, than by making some uninformed predictions.

New captain: Captain Wacky (later renamed Hurn)
BnF: Inanimate Carbon Rod

So there we go. I hope you've enjoyed this stroll down memory lane, despite the occasional mugging. Up with miniskirts!

tumblr_mcs1ber6Fa1qd8bxp.png

AFL Cross-Promotion Strategy 2015. The watchword is 'subtle'.

image.jpg
Artist's impression of redeveloped Lathlain Park

krusty-gets-kancelled17.png

Sheedy: Every time you come to watch GWS I will send you $40!
Announcer: Checkswillnotbehonoured.

king-size-homer18.png

Pictured: Adam Simpson plans to make his mids bigger.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield issues are solved

7eWmg2G.gif

Simmo: I've decided to bring in a few ringers, professional midfielders. Haydn Bunton Sr, Leigh Matthews, and Dick Reynolds.

Rawlings: Uh, Simmo.....

Simmo: What is it Brady?

Rawlings: I'm afraid all those players have retired and/or passed on. In fact your rover has been dead for 59 years.

burns-baby-burns5.png

Fremantle's travel arrangements hit another snag

this-little-wiggy4.png

"This is our oval, this is our football team, and that's where we saw Stephen Dank. He told us this was legal."
- Essendon's defence.

marge-in-chains16.png

Middleton J: This verdict is written on a cocktail napkin. And it still says guilty. And 'guilty' is spelled wrong!
Essendon: Eep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back