So long Geelong, it was swell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another is that it was a time capsule for the elan of the 2000’s, hopeful and engaged, melodious and raucous. They was also the ragged champs of the art of improvisation. If AFL players prove their wits by vamping, the Cats were Mensa masters. A single passage of play, in its myriad tonal variations, could go on for the better part of an 10 minutes

Most people just refer to it as "wanking around with the ball", but ok.

One player doesn't make a team.

The fact a guy like Guthrie is getting a game for you guys should show you now are lacking some talent. Just like someone like Mackay and Van Berlo getting games for us. If these types of guys are getting regular games, you're going to struggle to compete with the top 4.
Guthrie is a bloody good player- he's had excellent seasons as a back flanker, defensive mid and a ball winning mid. You must be thinking of Smedts or G H-S?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie is a bloody good player- he's had excellent seasons as a back flanker, defensive mid and a ball winning mid. You must be thinking of Smedts or G H-S?

No I think he definitely meant Guthrie, because GHS and Smedts aren't getting a game...

But I would 100% agree with him that Guthrie is just like Van Berlo or Mackay...

Cheers catters it's been awesome to watch. Still remember that game against the saints at Etihad in '09. Was watching with a few ppl that aren't big footy fans and even they were losing it.

Speaking of failing your way into a thread, remember how our finished team kept you goaless for a half this year? You guys must really be screwed.

Bombers fans are the best.

I can officially confirm in my capacity as AFL's official sniffer out of hopeless futureless sides that indeed Essendon are as you so elegantly put it "screwed".

The club is on the spit roasting slowly and is almost done. Come early. There is only so much flesh on the bone to feast on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back