So seriously...this Doobee fella we blew a pick on..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I understand that Adelaide like the kid and he has huge potential but hey, they could have had him way later in the draft.

I mean rather than use the early pick they could have, you know used their last selection in the draft to grab him.........

That's the pick you use for speculative picks.

I understand that Adelaide like the kid and he has huge potential but hey, they could have had him way later in the draft.

I mean rather than use the early pick they could have, you know used their last selection in the draft to grab him.........

Hmmm maybe . Maybe not

We didn't have a later pick. I think simon black went in the 30's in his draft, if he had gone at 10 people would have questioned it. If a club sees something in a player then whatever selection they use is correct. Thse people get paid to watch these guys for years so they would know what they are doing.

We didn't have a later pick. I think simon black went in the 30's in his draft, if he had gone at 10 people would have questioned it. If a club sees something in a player then whatever selection they use is correct. Thse people get paid to watch these guys for years so they would know what they are doing.
My point exactly. Adelaide had him pencilled in for their last selection. Exactly where they got him.

Dangerfield said the same thing.
When did Dangerfield say that?

This kid wanted a scholarship to play basketball in America, so he probably wouldn't have an issue with moving away from home.

So hands off our Doodle.

But don't worry, I'm sure Wylie Buzza and Matthew Hayball will be fine additions to Geelong's VFL side.

When did Dangerfield say that?

This kid wanted a scholarship to play basketball in America, so he probably wouldn't have an issue with moving away from home.

So hands off our Doodle.

But don't worry, I'm sure Wylie Buzza and Matthew Hayball will be fine additions to Geelong's VFL side.
Not expecting alot for 4th rounders. Great name though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield said it was great to get out of Geelong? The team he supported as a kid, where he grew up, where his family lives and ended up being homesick from?

Your club has a great record of drafting in recent times, I would have thought you'd have some trust in your recruiters. Who cares where people on BigFooty though he would go.
He's got a point - Adelaide can get them, they just can't keep them...

I'm just surprised that if they'd made up their mind that's who they wanted that they didn't move down the draft and pick up an extra pick next year. 13 for a mid 20s and an unknown 2nd rounder next year, pick up the guy they want and they're quids in next year.

They technically did. 2 live picks (Milera + this guy) + rookie upgrade.

It's a trend I've noticed too.

People often dismiss "Bigfooty group think," but there have been plenty times in which the player fans were calling for would have made a great choice.

Christian Howard at the Dogs comes to mind. Was a huge reach (compared to expectations pre-draft anyway) and never amounted to anything. Some are Pendleburys, some are Howards.

Well another Club might of Rated him higher as well

:rolleyes:

Medium defender including representing Vic. Country at the U18 Championships in 2015.

Dominant junior forward in 2014 when played forward early in the season and dominant junior defender in 2014 when played back late in the season...

Only converted from basket ball to football in 2013.

So he plays well back and dominates forward and Ogilvie and co expect him to develop into a midfielder....Hmmmmm!

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...196132763&client=1-6160-80523-308306-20518409
Yeah sounds legit...
Cos every kid who cant average a dozen possesions a game at jr footy tend to make super mids.
Its time for you dose of your koolaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back