Analysis So this is how it feels to miss finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd almost forgotten the feeling, after 8 straight seasons of every home and away game counting for something, it's come to the point now where for the first time since 2005 we are playing games with almost no meaning at all (to us anyway).

I'm finding it hard to even care about the GWS game on Saturday, especially with a game like Hawks vs Cats straight after it.

Weird feeling.o_O

Feels kinda empty to be honest...

To be honest I'm kinda hoping we beat GWS on the weekend to have some sort of chance to make finals. Only thing keeping me interested.

It is a bit Weird to have No Footy in September but I feel we can start Pre-Season as Early as Possible and try and have a Massive Pre-Season to get us back into the Finals for 2015.

Just waiting for the Draft Combine to start to kick off the Off-Season stuff.

I would just like to Beat GWS so we can at least have 1 more win before the end of the season

What about the VFL Matty?
That's a completely different league and about the only interest left, but even that's a worry now with so many "VFL regulars" having to play seniors, hard to see them winning their first final now.

That's a completely different league and about the only interest left, but even that's a worry now with so many "VFL regulars" having to play seniors, hard to see them winning their first final now.

Guess the Big Injury Hit we took vs Brisbane also Hurts out VFL Side.

Be Intresting what they do in the 1st Final as it be the AFL Last game vs the Dawks

A win against GWS means we will be a real chance against the Hawks, and have a real crack at the finals!
Hey, have to have some hope to live by! Carn the Pies!
If we lose to GWS I will be seriously grumpy, but glad of a better draft pick!

You never know.
Maybe we come out with an attitude that has catapulted the Tigers, Adelaide and Eagles into finals contention.
Maybe we come out and take the game on.
Play on at all cost, run the ball and forget about trying to save our position on the ladder.
Play to our strenghts instead of trying to stop the opposition through their weaknesses.
There may be a silver lining to these injuries.
(I'm a glass half full kind of guy though)

Can look for Langdon to come in and have two massive games to bring home the rising star?
Or for Pendles to recover and come in for 2 BOG's and be back in Brownlow contention?

But for me i just want to see a midfield full of players like Kennedy, Broomy, Karnezis? and a couple of others give us a glimpse of the future.

Since the GC, there was a good chance that we would miss the finals so personally I have come to grips with it and have close to little interest over the next two weeks result wise.

As a Collingwood supporter, I have already looked at the list of free agents and predicted our draft picks. I think we wont win another game and finish around 12th which would give us pick 7 (Moore) and the next one would be 25. My focus is on the off season and wondering what to expect and what we should do.

I think it might be good to miss finals as well, fix up a few egos on the team and make them realize we are no longer the side that won the premiership. I also tipped us to finish 9th before the season started so I was sort of expecting it but we fell apart terribly over the last month and a bit.

So overall it feels ok, it's just that our season will end one week earlier than last season. One week more of getting ready for the free agency period and trade period. Bring on that stupid silly season now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive taken it pretty well, im pretty good at taking defeat though, im still very keen for finals though, especially the Buddy show!

I think im barracking for Sydney throughout finals though, weird, i know.

I'm really keen to see how the players respond myself. I think you can learn a lot by seeing who keeps their head up. And there are opportunities available with the injuries we have to see some new faces perhaps. Or at least those players starved of opportunity. I would love to see something left field like Caolan Mooney selected.

Ive taken it pretty well, im pretty good at taking defeat though, im still very keen for finals though, especially the Buddy show!

Stuff the AFL Swans, would be nice to see Freo win the flag.

Around two decades of existence and they would have the same amount of flags as StKilda and WB lol.

I'd almost forgotten the feeling, after 8 straight seasons of every home and away game counting for something, it's come to the point now where for the first time since 2005 we are playing games with almost no meaning at all (to us anyway).

I'm finding it hard to even care about the GWS game on Saturday, especially with a game like Hawks vs Cats straight after it.

Weird feeling.o_O

Cheer yourself up and support the VFL Team in the finals. Dale Tipping is good value

I'm really keen to see how the players respond myself. I think you can learn a lot by seeing who keeps their head up. And there are opportunities available with the injuries we have to see some new faces perhaps. Or at least those players starved of opportunity. I would love to see something left field like Caolan Mooney selected.
ATM there can be no feeling of "we are going places". I am not convinced that 2015 will be better. Why?

Why? They have had an armchair ride with injury for about the ninth year in the past ten. They have picked up two million dollar recruits these past two summers after winning a flag. They have obnoxious egos like Hannabery, Goodes and Franklin playing for them. They are the AFL's baby. I hate them. They have already had success. It's unlikely but I hope Freo can pull it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back