So, what really happened to Robert Allenby?

Remove this Banner Ad

Boogers

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It seems as though some people don't believe him. Peter Ford, for one.
Christine Ahern has tweeted conflicting stuff.

Any more speculation?

Even the ABC reported the story as 'Robert Allenby says...'. The media all come across as covering themselves in case something else comes out in the investigation, so obviously they think it's a bit fishy.

Pointless to speculate, but if it was a random attack it's a pretty bizarre set of circumstances.

He was pissed. Pure and simple.
We've all been there and wondered how TF we survived...he is another example.
I can remember being absolutely shitfaced at the Glades on Hotel Street, Honolulu and going to a wreckin' yared for a root on the bonnet with some skank I met in a drunken stupor minutes before and wonder why it wasn't me that wasn't rooted the wrong way 3 x from Christmas.

The bottom line...he would a been shitfaced!:drunk:

i just think the story seems so bizare that people are assuming theres more to it

its hard to go from normal drunk guy alone to being locked up in a randoms car boot

Bullshit radar went off as soon as I heard this crap.

"Random attack"... no such thing

Chicks or money
Bullshit radar went off as soon as he said he was drugged and kidnapped from inside an upmarket busy bar.Surely a venue like this would have CCTV and have captured him being "helped" out.

I think RA has been reading too many Kurt Busch stories

Angry husband!

Robert Allenby attack: A homeless woman gives conflicting account of what led to golfer’s bashing

Allenby said he believed it was a targeted attack.

“It’s a shame that people get jealous,” Allenby said.

“The only good thing is is that I survived.”

The Australian pro-golfer was at AMUSE Wine Bar in Honolulu, when he left his friend to go to the bathroom.

When he returned, a group of people he did not know told him that his friend was waiting for him downstairs in the carpark.

Nine said Allenby then caught the lift down and when he emerged, he claimed he was brutally bashed before being robbed and stuffed in a car boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thrown in boot hey... Sounds like a scene out of the Sopranos or Jackie Brown- Tarantino style.

Hes gotta lot of explaining to do to the mrs....

If he's not married it could be over a woman?

Could he have been offered drugs, told the seller to bugger off as he's not interested which caused offence?

Random kidnapping and mugging of rich bloke in wine bar?(this makes no sense to kidnap rich bloke for his wallet and phone. Surely they'd ask for a hefty ransom).

Targeted kidnapping and mugging of famous golfer (this makes no sense to kidnap Allenby for his wallet and phone. Surely they'd ask for a hefty ransom)?

This really makes no sense.

If he's not married it could be over a woman?

Could he have been offered drugs, told the seller to bugger off as he's not interested which caused offence?

Random kidnapping and mugging of rich bloke in wine bar?(this makes no sense to kidnap rich bloke for his wallet and phone. Surely they'd ask for a hefty ransom).

Targeted kidnapping and mugging of famous golfer (this makes no sense to kidnap Allenby for his wallet and phone. Surely they'd ask for a hefty ransom)?

This really makes no sense.
i think he is married. i know he has one divorce before. I know a girlfriend in the 90s may or may not have had a termination. that was before he was a pro. just an all round s**t bloke. nothing would be surprising.

the fact that he plays golf, aint even a negative for him. because he is such a poot bloke, playing golf may be a redeeming feature.

golf and polo are usually exclusively for w@nkers. I will give Allenby a pass on this, i think this is an asset for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back