Toast So when will other teams give Dickson some respect?

Remove this Banner Ad

But according to Ross Lyin' he only gets cheap goals by bludging out the back of contests.
The same Ross Lyon that gave him Best on ground when we played Freo?

Tory Dickson is the sharpest shooter from set shots in the AFL this season

THE AFL’s No.1 dead-eyed Dickson can quote the stats to back up the name.

Not that Tory Dickson is obsessed by his performance — it’s his mum who can reel off the impressive numbers.

The Bulldogs sharpshooter has kicked 18.1 from set shots this season, leading all-comers.

http://www.news.com.au/national/tor...-afl-this-season/story-e6frfkp9-1227466041599

Don't mind Dickson as a nobody. Good proper footballer

There are still a few of our posters who don't rate him. He's kicked 21 straight and is on target for around 45 goals for the year. I doubt he's going to turn into a creative winger with damaging line breaking run and carry, but he is our best at putting pressure on in F50 and set shot. Not sure what else he needs to do?

Truth be told, if a final was on a knifes edge with a minute to go and we needed a goal from a set shot, I'd hope to hell that Dicko was taking it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny moment in the hird press conference post game. He was asked about the dogs forwards, and he said yeah Stewy kicked 7, Stringer 4, and um...there was one other.....errr? He had to look at his notes to remember who it was. Dickon is a nobody, and he's our bloody good nobody!

Hird had a distinct, dishevelled Malthouse look about him as he scoured through his notes looking for stats.

Truth be told, if a final was on a knifes edge with a minute to go and we needed a goal from a set shot, I'd hope to hell that Dicko was taking it.

Agreed ... V Cats 2 weeks back at a crucial stage Macrae kicked to Dickson 35 out and it was going to land in his bread basket. Grant drifted in front and took the mark and then proceeded to kick a point. I was spewing, as we needed Tory to have that shot.

Funny moment in the hird press conference post game. He was asked about the dogs forwards, and he said yeah Stewy kicked 7, Stringer 4, and um...there was one other.....errr? He had to look at his notes to remember who it was. Dickon is a nobody, and he's our bloody good nobody!

And to think Macca stole Tory from the Bendigo Bombers

5 kicks, 4 goals. Again.
Will probably be again described as "cheapies out the back" by some commentator who wishes Dickson was in his team.
I posted something on the Brions board this morning as they were comparing us to them, had to set them straight on a few things and that St Kilda might be a better rebuilding example for them to use to compare instead of us.

But yeah, a couple of them didn't rate Dickson there and one poster posted this which I lolled at

I think we need to look at the western bulldogs for a second. We can all agree that our list is far above them in terms of talent, yet they're playing like a top 8 team, and we're constantly embarrassing ourselves week in week out. It's just hard to not blame our coach, when clubs beneath us are playing above us, while we just continue to under perform.
Maybe we're just better?

I posted something on the Brions board this morning as they were comparing us to them, had to set them straight on a few things and that St Kilda might be a better rebuilding example for them to use to compare instead of us.

But yeah, a couple of them didn't rate Dickson there and one poster posted this which I lolled at

Maybe we're just better?

You cant help those that are delusional.

He also said that they had 4-5 players miss training this week because of an illness - after which he said that was no excuse - after giving it as an excuse :drunk:

Apparently he also said something about a contributing factor of the loss being that they had 12 players with under 50 games :$

"I don't care what anyone says. Dickson is s**t!" - one of our finest from the game day thread yesterday.

The man has 34 goals and will push towards 50 if he stays on the park.

Lol ou guys can point me out all day I don't care

He is a squib who swerks hard balls and makes god awful mistakes when he has the ball anywhere outside the 50

He is without doubt one of the best kicks in the league and doesn't miss but I personally think the guy will go missing in finals and if he is tagged wouldn't get near it

He has done a stellar job this year I'm happy to admit but I still see the same issues he has had since day one

Again I stand by my comment he will not be in our contending finals team

Lol ou guys can point me out all day I don't care

He is a squib who swerks hard balls and makes god awful mistakes when he has the ball anywhere outside the 50

He is without doubt one of the best kicks in the league and doesn't miss but I personally think the guy will go missing in finals and if he is tagged wouldn't get near it

He has done a stellar job this year I'm happy to admit but I still see the same issues he has had since day one

Again I stand by my comment he will not be in our contending finals team

I havent noticed him being a squib, but he definitely makes some howlers outside 50.

OTOH, if you made a list of qualities you want from small forwards, in order of importance, it would probably be:

1) kicks goals
2) applies defensive pressure
3) cracks in when its his turn
4) makes good decisions up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back