Prediction So, where do we end up for season 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

mcwilrob

Premiership Player
Jul 13, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Interested in what other posters think now about where we'll end up by the end of the H & A for 2015? Might make interesting reading when the time comes! ;) Thoughts?

Interested in what other posters think now about where we'll end up by the bend of the H & A for 2015? Might make interesting reading when the time comes! ;) Thoughts?
I'm still thinking making up the numbers in the eight, as I was at the start of the year. Against most sides, if we can break even in the middle we should be ok with the quality both up forward and down back to see us through. I know we're disappointed with the first two weeks, but do you know what most footy supporters would call comprehensive losses to top-four teams?

"Normal."

I thought we would start 0-2, and finish with 14 wins.

Still on track for that, however the performances in the two losses have obviously been poorer than expected.

I thought 4th-7th at the start of the season and my opinion still hasn't changed.

We can't match the top teams but have been unfortunate enough to play two of them, close to full strength, in the first two weeks. Bear in mind that Hawthorn and Fremantle are the two teams we've struggled against most in the past 2-3 seasons and that they've both played in grand finals more recently than our last finals win. They're simply ahead of us.

That said, it's not all doom and gloom. I suspect if we'd played two mid-table teams in round 1 and 2 we'd likely be 2-0 or 1-1 at worst and things would look better than they currently do. The ladder is seriously skewed at the moment - GWS and the Bulldogs unbeaten and us and Port Adelaide down the bottom! Does anybody actually think we and Port will finish lower than those two?

I also genuinely think we'll be a better team in 10 weeks than we are now. I was pleasantly surprised by Stanley yesterday (I was happy we recruited him but wasn't expecting an impact given how underdone he was), Bews will continue to improve with more games under his belt, the youngsters will grow in confidence, players like Thurlow and Blease will probably be given opportunities. None of our players have really set the world on fire in the first two games and you can't tell me that Hawkins, Selwood and co won't find top form.

I think out of the 8.

Hawks/Swans/PP/Freo/NM/Adel/Ess all have us covered.

We might/should compete with WCE/Rich/Doggies/Bris/Pies - but not guaranteed to beat them.

You would think we still have GCFC/GWS/Melb/Saints/Carl covered, but who knows?

Thing is, we play NM/Hawks/Swans/Adel/Pies twice.

And apart from Brisbane, who look utter rubbish right now (of course so do we), how many interstate trips would you fancy us for right now?

And apart from Brisbane, who look utter rubbish right now (of course so do we), how many interstate trips would you fancy us for right now?
Not too many I would have thought!

I think we should have GWS covered. Brissie are struggling as you say - too far out from the game to tell. Swans will belt us, Crows will belt us, I would favour WCE as well.

Do we have any others?

Of course we may turn it around a bit, and there are always injuries to other teams, and upsets etc. I reckon if we got 8-10 wins this year we will be doing well. That seems terrible compared to the last decade's success, but it's the cycle, and we have to ride it out and stay united as a club.

With a tough draw, and being 0-2 playing poor footy, I have is finishing 10th this season.

We have a lot of problems, more than I thought, and we are definitely not a top 4 side anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still see us winning around 12 games
Maybe predicted 14-15 pre season

So bottom of the eight.

12-16 wins so that put's us somewhere between 4 and 8.

Really depends on Norf, Dons, Crows, Tigers etc being the real deal or flash in the pans - I'm inclined to think only one of the aforementioned 4 will be a serious top 6/8 contender.

Realistically probably about 6th. We have the hardest draw of any side this year so yeah... yay us.

12-16 wins so that put's us somewhere between 4 and 8.

Really depends on Norf, Dons, Crows, Tigers etc being the real deal or flash in the pans - I'm inclined to think only one of the aforementioned 4 will be a serious top 6/8 contender.

Realistically probably about 6th. We have the hardest draw of any side this year so yeah... yay us.
The draw is a joke... Maybe we should bottom out for a cosy draw next season..?

The draw is a joke... Maybe we should bottom out for a cosy draw next season..?
If the draw is done in three groups of 6 it might not be a bad idea to finish 7/8th if where are heading in that area anyway.

I still think we are good enough to make the eight, we'll get better, can't get any worse right?

I agree but we often see how these kind of starts to a season can pan out. Not sure what it is but my theory is some players are of the belief a premiership is out of contention and in some ways, they start playing for themselves. Sometimes, they may even show trepidation in going for the footy, or, not 100% committed to the contest as what they normally would and that often results in injuries. Hate to say but we haven't copped a bad injury yet and if we continue to play this somewhat lazy arsed approach, you can bet we are going to see a few go down which makes our chances of improving that little bit tougher.

I've got us at best winning 13, but I think that's optimistic.
I have us losing to swans x 2 crows x 2 Hawks port, probably Roos away and Essendon if they are still up and about. That's 10 losses but I'll go 9 and assuming we beat the sides we should beat.
So that's us beating all of pies twice, Roos at home, WCE away, Tigers, blues. Winning ALL of them.
Damn it, I'm not liking the feel of the year.
11th for me :(

Last edited:
I'm thinking 7th-8th with our ceiling being knocking off a North or an Essendon in week one and having the honour of getting annihilated by Freo or Port in week 2.

Making finals is the pass mark, less than that is a fail. We're not bad enough that we should be missing the 8 and another 7 home games in Geelong should be enough to make that happen.

6-9 I'd be disappointed if we miss the 8 I didn't expect to win either of these games but they way they've lost has been a wake up. Still think they'll win enough to make the 8 and with an in form team could certainly win a final.

We are only two games in, supporters of most teams would love their team to make the finals and wouldn't give up until it's mathematically impossible.

Hopefully we also end up with a clearer picture of were we stand with a number of players we've hedged our bets on because of injury or development. It's going to be a balancing act at the end of the year with so many players that could be out the door.

If we don't make the 8 we have to finish at low as possible. If it looks like we cooked come round 16 put everyone in for surgery and play the kids. Gotta get dat sweet top 10 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back