So where now for Cox?

Remove this Banner Ad

A few bits from Nizzy about Cox & Simmo

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 5m
On whether he will continue as CEO: "The board will make that call. There's a lot of work to do and I want to push on." -Trevor Nisbett

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 4m
On Adam Simpson: "I think he's been terrific. He's got a good plan and the team are adapting to that. We're really pleased."

"With a young group, the next step is for the coaches to grow with the players." -CEO Trevor Nisbett

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 3m
On Coxy: "He's an absolute superstar as a player and as a bloke. He will tell us. It'll be Dean's call." -TN

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 2m
"I think we're in transition and have been for a while. We're confident in our list." -TN

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 1m
"I would guess there's a lot of interest in Scott, he's a good young player. We're keeping Scott Lycett." -TN

I don't wanna sound like a campaigner, and make this a cox bashing thread. I know everyone thinks highly and so forth. But a few years ago in my early night clubbing years my mate and I went to the Leedy hotel, I went to the pisser, and he said he saw dean cox and tried speaking to him. Apparently cox told him to * off without provocation. Not sure if my mate did anything to annoy him (we were both pretty wasted) but he is a harmless bloke. Disappointing if true...

I don't wanna sound like a campaigner, and make this a cox bashing thread. I know everyone thinks highly and so forth. But a few years ago in my early night clubbing years my mate and I went to the Leedy hotel, I went to the pisser, and he said he saw dean cox and tried speaking to him. Apparently cox told him to **** off without provocation. Not sure if my mate did anything to annoy him (we were both pretty wasted) but he is a harmless bloke. Disappointing if true...
your a campaigner

I guess not wanting to sound like a campaigner doesn't take away the fact that what i said makes me look like a campaigner. :oops:

I'd say most people would have a story about a player either being a good bloke, or a dick. Depends where you see them, what situation etc. I used to always see a few of the players out in Leederville in the mid 2000's when I was a bit younger. Those were the days when a fair few of them went pretty hard off the field. Sometimes they were keen for a chat, other times not so much. I personally never held it against any of them if they didn't want to talk to me when I was blind and talking s**t, which was most of the time!

Disappointing if true...

I met Cox and Co. at the Melbourne airport once, asked him if he ever got sick of flying and he had a good laugh about it and said it can get a bit boring. He seemed a good bloke off field, everyone has their off days.

Still think he shouldn't play on next year though

A few bits from Nizzy about Cox & Simmo

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 5m
On whether he will continue as CEO: "The board will make that call. There's a lot of work to do and I want to push on." -Trevor Nisbett

No crap. Stadium deal, New training facilities and head quarters but it's the on field area that has to be the priority and Nisbett has had a long time to direct the club.

On Adam Simpson: "I think he's been terrific. He's got a good plan and the team are adapting to that. We're really pleased."

Yeah. I'd agree, early days.

"With a young group, the next step is for the coaches to grow with the players." -CEO Trevor Nisbett

Less positive, athose players that don't grow with the coaches can go jump.

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 3m
On Coxy: "He's an absolute superstar as a player and as a bloke. He will tell us. It'll be Dean's call." -TN

Just like Woosha? Respect would be giving him a little bit of a hint.

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 2m
"I think we're in transition and have been for a while. We're confident in our list." -TN

What happened to "can challenge for a premiership"?, i suppose purgatory is a place of transition.

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 1m
"I would guess there's a lot of interest in Scott, he's a good young player. We're keeping Scott Lycett." -TN

Id bloody hope so.

Jesus Christ if Lenny Hayes can retire on 297 games then cox can deal without reaching that milestone for west coast. He need to think of the future of this team rather than himself, just as glass did

Its well know that Coxy loves the big dollars & aint going to retire just because there's an understudy better than him.

Its up to the coach to make the hard call ,Not Coxy .

If Lycett wants the gig & signs up ,tap Coxy on the shoulder & tell him straight because his ego
& duties as ruck coach has muddied his judgement and champs never want to let it go ( Unless your Darren Glass.)
Leave the "300 club" sentiment at the door because as soon as sentiment comes into it the teams success gets put on hold.

Cox might as well stay another year because Lycett is absolutley coming back to his old club Port Adelaide, straight swap for Kane Mitchell, lol

Unfortunately he's seen just how s**t you really are, after you've lost 4 out of your last 5 games and won't make the top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well according to Nisbett- Lycett and Gaff are staying, as in not going anywhere - a required part of the team going forward. Also Cox gets to decide when he goes.. I guess that closes the door on a lot of gossip, forecasting and speculation?
mind you the weather has been known to change at the last moment...
(there, i just opened the door again...)

well according to Nisbett- Lycett and Gaff are staying, as in not going anywhere - a required part of the team going forward. Also Cox gets to decide when he goes.. I guess that closes the door on a lot of gossip, forecasting and speculation?
mind you the weather has been known to change at the last moment...
(there, i just opened the door again...)

The "according to nisbett" article provided no factual evidence other then Nisbetts opinion itself.

There is still zero progress (nothing new to suggest otherwise) when it comes to signing them both up on a new deal. Nisbett is just presuming it will all be willy nilly.

He also presumed Worsfold would lead us to the holy grail with this list. Among a great many other things

The "according to nisbett" article provided no factual evidence other then Nisbetts opinion itself.

There is still zero progress (nothing new to suggest otherwise) when it comes to signing them both up on a new deal. Nisbett is just presuming it will all be willy nilly.

He also presumed Worsfold would lead us to the holy grail with this list. Among a great many other things
If cox stays and lycett goes you know he will get the blame.
Sad way to end his great career being known as the player that got rid of lycett.

His public opinion.

Feels like we've been in a holding pattern for so long now.

Sorry for the intrusion, just want to put some of your minds at ease! I really doubt Lycett is going anywhere and would be surprised to see him at Port next year. We don't have a whole lot of (developed) trade bait and in the long run he would get more game time with the Eagles.

Sorry for the intrusion, just want to put some of your minds at ease! I really doubt Lycett is going anywhere and would be surprised to see him at Port next year. We don't have a whole lot of (developed) trade bait and in the long run he would get more game time with the Eagles.

i couldnt agree more! been my point all along. Lycett knows he's next in line to be #2 to NN..and from there its up to him if he wants to be #1....you know, FFS, as if they havent already thrashed it all out, or talked amongst themselves with coach and managers..i would think everybody there knows exactly whats going to happen, and how it will all pan out, before it does. i bet everybody is hunkydory and focussed on football. the managers and club are simply doing the dance re salary and package..

there is also no factual evidence to what you say?
there is still zero progress in Lycett and Gaff going home. they still seem to be here..
just as you accuse Nisbett in doing so - you are 'presuming' all WONT be willy nilly.
so who do we believe...a random bigfooty poster, or a leading figure at the club who is privy to all inhouse information? i know who i'd rather listen to.

i couldnt agree more! been my point all along. Lycett knows he's next in line to be #2 to NN..and from there its up to him if he wants to be #1....you know, FFS, as if they havent already thrashed it all out, or talked amongst themselves with coach and managers..i would think everybody there knows exactly whats going to happen, and how it will all pan out, before it does. i bet everybody is hunkydory and focussed on football. the managers and club are simply doing the dance re salary and package..

there is also no factual evidence to what you say?
there is still zero progress in Lycett and Gaff going home. they still seem to be here..
just as you accuse Nisbett in doing so - you are 'presuming' all WONT be willy nilly.
so who do we believe...a random bigfooty poster, or a leading figure at the club who is privy to all inhouse information? i know who i'd rather listen to.

The article mentions that despite what Nisbett is saying, there is still no new evidence to suggest otherwise.

Nothing to back up his words.

Our leading club figure who will say just about anything and everything to sell memberships. Go for broke believing who you like, couldn't care less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back