So where now for Cox?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a long-shot but is there a way I can find a stat(s) that shows that Naitanui performs better when Cox plays a lesser role?

I think I might have mixed him up with Seaby though, who seemed to play twice as well when Cox wasn't playing.

But also I think increased reliance on Cox has equalled lesser performance from NN. Maybe I'm imagining.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...kout-for-afl-coaching-gig-20140722-zvlqq.html

Not set in stone that Cox will remain at the Eagles in a coaching capacity next year

The notion of Cox continuing on to guide Naitanui and hopefully Lycett is a nice romantic one but I'm wondering if the club (and Cox) might be better off if he did go elsewhere to broaden his horizons as he pursues a career in coaching. Naitanui has been at the club for 6 years and Lycett is in his 3rd year at the club so they have had ample opportunity to learn what they can from Cox and may in fact benefit from a fresh perspective.

We already have Adam Selwood and Nicoski involved in coaching roles with Glass a possibilty of staying on in a coaching role next year. Add Cox to this group and the danger becomes forming a coaching group without fresh ideas or a new perspective

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...kout-for-afl-coaching-gig-20140722-zvlqq.html

Not set in stone that Cox will remain at the Eagles in a coaching capacity next year

The notion of Cox continuing on to guide Naitanui and hopefully Lycett is a nice romantic one but I'm wondering if the club (and Cox) might be better off if he did go elsewhere to broaden his horizons as he pursues a career in coaching. Naitanui has been at the club for 6 years and Lycett is in his 3rd year at the club so they have had ample opportunity to learn what they can from Cox and may in fact benefit from a fresh perspective.

We already have Adam Selwood and Nicoski involved in coaching roles with Glass a possibilty of staying on in a coaching role next year. Add Cox to this group and the danger becomes forming a coaching group without fresh ideas or a new perspective
I agree. The bottom line is we need more ruckmen as senior coaches!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back