Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Odd that its been glossed over.

But I reckon I heard Middleton say twice in regards to ASADA investigating Essendon even without them coming forward - that ASADA would have investigated them and 'probably some other clubs as well'.

That's pretty big news I'd have thought!

I have been surprised that other clubs have not been dragged into this whole sorry saga. It may well be the case that other clubs simply kept better records and therefore know what they gave the players.
I am even more surprised that individual players over the last 15/20 years have not been discovered to have taken banned performance enhancing drugs or masking agents. The AFL pushed the recreational drug issue to some extent (for PR & reputation as far as I could see), but did not seem to make performance enhancing drugs a priority. I think other football codes are the same - I think it is a culture in team based sports that its not so important.

Probably a post for scandals and rumours board, (is there a stupid bullshit board?) but anyway the stupid rumour is that Trengove and Clark both served/are serving suspensions for using stuff Dank gave them. Clark being a fatty and Trengove failing the Tigers examine kinda blows it apart but that didn't stop someone from making it up.

"Probably", tells me that it was (or perhaps still is?) probable that ASADA were going to investigate other clubs also.
Not 'possible', but probable.

Maybe it was just a reference to the two other clubs that Dank befouled.

After two years, ASADA opens up a 2nd or 3rd front?

I don't know, seems a bit too difficult to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats " two years ' got to do with anything?
Since when has a doping investigation had a definative timeline attached?

We've watched ASADA stumble to this point, putting a case up to the tribunal without any sworn statements, I'm just having difficulty seeing them opening up 2nd and 3rd fronts.

We've watched ASADA stumble to this point, putting a case up to the tribunal without any sworn statements, I'm just having difficulty seeing them opening up 2nd and 3rd fronts.
Who would have thought that maybe, just maybe, they have more than you keep telling us they have.

Could this be another case of you being <gasp> wrong?

But its only your opinion that ASADA have "stumbled' to this point
It may be the more plausible theory that ASADa have a s**t load more than you and many thought....

Probably a post for scandals and rumours board, (is there a stupid bullshit board?) but anyway the stupid rumour is that Trengove and Clark both served/are serving suspensions for using stuff Dank gave them. Clark being a fatty and Trengove failing the Tigers examine kinda blows it apart but that didn't stop someone from making it up.
The other thing that blows the Trengove theory is that he has been getting around at training on a scooter. So unlikely he us going to those lengths to cover up. Also he recently posted a photo on instagtam that shows his leg being quiet skinny compared to the other.
There are always going to be rumours though and Trengove did come up in text messages.

Surely only EFC were involved at 'page 17' levels, with plenty of localised brushfires to put out at other clubs. Maybe Carlton considered their options once they found out what EFC were up to, but the ACC/ASADA put an end to any potential PEDS arms race, we can all be thankful for that!

Unfortunately for those 2 it doesn't help with Bock being injured (although he pretty ******* clearly broke his leg, seems odd to have him back for 1.5 games or whatever with those injuries)

I have been surprised that other clubs have not been dragged into this whole sorry saga. It may well be the case that other clubs simply kept better records and therefore know what they gave the players.
I am even more surprised that individual players over the last 15/20 years have not been discovered to have taken banned performance enhancing drugs or masking agents. The AFL pushed the recreational drug issue to some extent (for PR & reputation as far as I could see), but did not seem to make performance enhancing drugs a priority. I think other football codes are the same - I think it is a culture in team based sports that its not so important.
No really much of a surprise. As is oft quoted to get done for PED's you have first and foremost failed an intelligence test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back