Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nottingham-forest-15-16-adidas-home-football-shirt.jpg

Beautiful from NF.
150 year kit from Forest

Yeah I went to the QPR game 2 days earlier, embarrassing that 3,000 R's fans made more noise than 50 odd thousand Gooners :$

The last minutes of the West Ham game were mental, thought Carroll had scored that header right at the end!
Away fans in the EPL always makes more noise than the home fans... not embarrassing at all

Let me guess, your perception of an English Football stadium's atmosphere has been sourced from multiple early mornings watching Everton on firstrow streams?

Yeah, you have no idea.
Did go to Everton v Aston Villa last season at Goodison - Villa fans made more noise - and Lille v Everton at Stade Pierre Mauroy and our fans made more noise than the Lille fans (although we did bring 10k fans to that game)

Our away fans are always boisterous, but implying the atrocious Emirates atmosphere is no cause for embarrassment, gosh.

Something seriously needs to be done about the acoustics. I suppose FIFA's post-2003? regulations regarding seating proximity to the pitch hasn't helped..

emirates-stadium_s345x230.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our away fans are always boisterous, but implying the atrocious Emirates atmosphere is no cause for embarrassment, gosh.

Something seriously needs to be done about the acoustics. I suppose FIFA's post-2003? regulations regarding seating proximity to the pitch hasn't helped..

emirates-stadium_s345x230.jpg
Also the trend of no overhangs, sparser stadiums in more open space, rather than building on top of small city blocks, and use of different building materials. But the 125x80 or whatever field size precedent does have that effect as well...

Honestly, I wonder if it's the culture of team? Arsenal are such a watchable team, (if I do say so myself, up the Gunners) that the fans at Emirates really do sit with their eyes glued to the game. I actually thought it felt like being back in Australia when I was there, they really reminded me more of the studious fans we have here. While watching games at other grounds where the crowd sing a lot more, there is more emphasis on participation in the stands, and sometimes the eyes are taken off the on-field action. I remember the old Perth Glory hill before it was re-made into the shed, half the time we were facing one another and chanting; I noticed the same thing at a game in Japan, where a large part of the crowd were so well choreographed, I don't think they were watching at all. It was the quieter sections of the ground where the quickest reactions in the stands occur, especially if something against the home team happens, usually the largest barrage of abuse starts from the first to react in those quieter sections.

Honestly, I wonder if it's the culture of team? Arsenal are such a watchable team, (if I do say so myself, up the Gunners) that the fans at Emirates really do sit with their eyes glued to the game. I actually thought it felt like being back in Australia when I was there, they really reminded me more of the studious fans we have here. While watching games at other grounds where the crowd sing a lot more, there is more emphasis on participation in the stands, and sometimes the eyes are taken off the on-field action. I remember the old Perth Glory hill before it was re-made into the shed, half the time we were facing one another and chanting; I noticed the same thing at a game in Japan, where a large part of the crowd were so well choreographed, I don't think they were watching at all. It was the quieter sections of the ground where the quickest reactions in the stands occur, especially if something against the home team happens, usually the largest barrage of abuse starts from the first to react in those quieter sections.
Reasonable point, but Highbury did put the likes of Stamford Bridge/WHL to shame in terms of atmosphere.

My opinion is that the stadium design/complete lack of singing sections is the reason behind the Emirates' library comparisons.

I HATE the fact that I'll never get to watch a game at Arsenal Stadium, Highbury. I was unfortunately a season too late on my visit to London. Was under re-construction when I visited there too, so I couldn't really see much of it. :(

Mansion Group has struck a deal to become the official shirt sponsor of English football team AFC Bournemouth after the club gained promotion to the top-tier Premier League.

Under the agreement, the terms of which were not disclosed, the online gaming operator’s logo will appear on the front of players’ jerseys and training wear.

Mansion Group will also collaborate with the club on a range of commercial projects and mutually beneficial marketing activities.

AFC Bournemouth unveil Mansion Group as Premier League shirt sponsor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back