Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh my. How hard is it. The home is so close to being nailed with the V, if only it was higher and with the logos it's the perfect size.

The away well... no comment.

Horrible!

The V on the home is not bad, but it needs to be higher up in the proper position. Looks ridiculous where it is. At least there is no unnecessary white side panels any more.

That away.... Geez. Its not bad in theory but in execution just looks terrible. Would be better with the V centred and the pattern only just visible - like a watermark or something.

Almost makes me not want to win the Championship this season. Almost.

Yeah look not a fan at all. Looks like I'll be sticking with my Reebok/Samsung kit for another year!

If the vee on the home was any less angled it'd be flat, I honestly wouldn't have minded if there was no vee on there at all. I actually like the away kit.

Melbourne Victory kits.
adidas-football-melbourne-victory-kits_13n43yxtsbyx31fkcuklb8dtzx.jpg

11947933_10150543839649944_2911325997942774959_o.jpg
11892361_10150543839674944_8021606666865037407_o.jpg
s**t. Just s**t.

Yeah look not a fan at all. Looks like I'll be sticking with my Reebok/Samsung kit for another year!

If the vee on the home was any less angled it'd be flat, I honestly wouldn't have minded if there was no vee on there at all. I actually like the away kit.

Is that the season 1/2 vee-less kit or season 3/4 kit with the vee?

And FWIW I think the new vee is great! Its just in no mans land!

Is that the season 1/2 vee-less kit or season 3/4 kit with the vee?

And FWIW I think the new vee is great! Its just in no mans land!

Season 4 kit :)

The reason for the new vee being as low as it is is surely because Adidas figured it looks silly underneath the logos as it'd be overlapped on both ends by some margin. I have a feeling that if the A-League logo was still not be bound by those stupid requirements of being on the front of the kit, that Adidas might have been able to do something a bit more inventive with it all.

I would have been rapt with something similar to this minus the names, it looks great I reckon.

d43f4e02b8115c1d2565ec8c63950aca.jpg

Shame about CTI as a sponsor, I'm sure they're a great company but their logo is bog ugly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The KFC logo on the sleeve is so darn hideous; prevented me from buying a MV kit when I was a teenager/shirter.

Not to mention the crap designs, worsened by OCTI and Oliana, the most average appearing shirt sponsors.

Adidas' first ever efforts (2011-12) remain the only half-decent kits in the post-Reebok era.

New-Melbourne-Victory-Kit-Adidas-2011-121.jpg

Season 4 kit :)

The reason for the new vee being as low as it is is surely because Adidas figured it looks silly underneath the logos as it'd be overlapped on both ends by some margin. I have a feeling that if the A-League logo was still not be bound by those stupid requirements of being on the front of the kit, that Adidas might have been able to do something a bit more inventive with it all.

I would have been rapt with something similar to this minus the names, it looks great I reckon.

d43f4e02b8115c1d2565ec8c63950aca.jpg

Shame about CTI as a sponsor, I'm sure they're a great company but their logo is bog ugly.

The logo overlapping seems to be their reason for it. This - without the red trim - would be perfect.

Bordeux+14-15+Home+Kit+Presentation.jpg

A higher vee would also allow the sponsor to be in a better spot and not down on the torso which would make it look less s**t.

The KFC logo on the sleeve is so darn hideous; prevented me from buying a MV kit when I was a teenager/shirter.

Not to mention the crap designs, worsened by OCTI and Oliana, the most average appearing shirt sponsors.

Adidas' first ever efforts (2011-12) remain the only half-decent kits in the post-Reebok era.

New-Melbourne-Victory-Kit-Adidas-2011-121.jpg

Nah that vee was way too fat! Coupled with the massive white sidepanels and the kit was just too white.

Their second effort - the 13/14 kit - was the best. Narrower, shallower vee. Sidepanels became underarm "blades" that weren't too noticeable. Only problem was the retail versions were botched and had a black stroke around the A-League logo.

video-new-adidas-kit-revealed_00073713-leadimage.jpg

They were essentially the same for 14/15. but were fully sublimated instead and had the ugly CTI logo which made it look worse overall. Incidentally, those light blue shorts never got a run. That was supposed to be the away kit, with the white shorts as an "alternate".

Nah that vee was way too fat! Coupled with the massive white sidepanels and the kit was just too white.

Their second effort - the 13/14 kit - was the best. Narrower, shallower vee. Sidepanels became underarm "blades" that weren't too noticeable. Only problem was the retail versions were botched and had a black stroke around the A-League logo.

video-new-adidas-kit-revealed_00073713-leadimage.jpg

They were essentially the same for 14/15. but were fully sublimated instead and had the ugly CTI logo which made it look worse overall. Incidentally, those light blue shorts never got a run. That was supposed to be the away kit, with the white shorts as an "alternate".
Their second effort wasn't actually a vee, though.

And the sidepanels did go well with the white shorts.

Am I the only one on here that really does like the Victory Away?
It's mediocre, not as bad as suggested but it isn't exactly good. Way too many decals and stripes from Adidas, as well as that hideous sponsor logo which may well be the worst soccer shirt sponsor I've ever laid eyes on.

Their second effort wasn't actually a vee, though.

And the sidepanels did go well with the white shorts.

I really liked the white shorts, but again, with those sidepanels, the whole kit was more white than navy.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "not a vee". What would you call it?

I think it would work for a fantasy side, but when you are trying to represent a strong club, I don't think it's right for them.
A strong club which has an identity beyond their away jersey?
It's mediocre, not as bad as suggested but it isn't exactly good. Way too many decals and stripes from Adidas, as well as that hideous sponsor logo which may well be the worst soccer shirt sponsor I've ever laid eyes on.
I fail to see the problem with the logo myself but each to their own I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back