Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Azzurri have released their Euro 2016 Home kit

Nothing too special, not bad. Inspired by the triumphs of the past.
The Goalie sleeves look like ink toner cartridges
12196341_10153286637333831_7886456783278424815_n.jpg

Loving the jackets!
12188931_10153286618238831_1694471867043015963_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FIGC/posts/10153286643763831

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by the graphic on the page, it'll be a roundel based design, which at least is most of what I've seen put forward by City fans. It'll probably end up being in line with what Melbourne City and NYCFC have as logos- create even branding across the three teams, and for future teams owned by them.

Nevermind, they confirm it in the article!

"I am pleased that we will once again see the round design which has twice featured in our past badges."

It'll probably end up looking something like this:

h0TdAIv.png

Last edited:
The current logo is good, but the traditional crest is unique, simple, and has a (I guess you could say) softness that was unique. The ship being front and centre is important too. Plus roundel crests are rare and becoming rarer in soccer, then there's the history...

However, bringing the actual club into line with franchises is a bit tacky and cheap. It makes the whole operation look like no different to a McDonalds – or more aptly, like the tragic Red Bull 'clubs' around the word.

I know it's too late but you think the best marketing would be to bring the circular logo to Manchester City first. Then bring in New York City and Melbourne City. That way you're doing a couple of things: you're punctuating Man City as the primary club and inferring the rest are off-shoots. But then you're also giving these new start ups easy brand identity. Imagine if Melbourne Arsenal or LA Arsenal brought in a logo that wasn't in the shield shape? But then imagine if Melbourne United and Chicago United used the Man U 'template?' One would be very clearly linked, the other more of a shoddy, half-takeover scenario.

For all their money, the City Group are actually sort of woeful at extending their brand. The NYC logo is a shocker and a waste of tying in to a tie-in-able city. Melbourne City very much the same.

Just voicing my opinion. I think that's the point of somewhere as niche as this: you can analyse and criticise little things. I'm just saying, if this happened before the City Group was established I'd have no dramas. But now it just seems like you're bringing brand cohesion and not bringing in a better logo.

Absolutely nothing against voicing opinions, I just believe your opinion is very cynical about the whole thing.

It's fan driven, isn't it? I mean it's a nice aligning of fans wanting it, it being a better logo, and a big plus for brand cohesion. Great move. Could it have been done earlier? Yes. Do they look silly because it comes after NY/Melbourne City? Nah.

slscc_w7m6mzm9fv0n10xe78388irgv.jpg

Surfs up! Mariners launch limited edition lifesaving kit

Central Coast Mariners have revealed they will wear a special limited edition kit in acknowledgement of Surf Life Saving Central Coast (SLSCC).

The Mariners will wear a special yellow and red kit which depicts the uniform worn by lifesavers on the Central Coast and also around Australia.

The kit is set to be worn for the next F3 derby in Gosford, when they face Newcastle Jets on February 28.

Central Coast Mariners’ CEO Shaun Mielekamp was thrilled that the club could support one of the Coast’s most iconic organisations by donning their colours during an A-League home match.

“We couldn’t be more proud to show our support towards SLSCC, they are an enormous part of this community and whilst we play football, they save lives,” Mielekamp said.

“Living in the Central Coast, I can truly appreciate the tireless efforts and energy of the surf life savers who not only keep our beaches safe but are also teaching my boys who are in nippers vital surf survival skills whilst having a great time.

“We anticipate the jerseys will sell out immediately and we will be doing everything we can to stock and raise as much money and awareness for Surf Life Saving Central Coast,” Mielekamp said.

Surf Life Saving Central Coast’s CEO Chris Parker said that Surf Life Saving was proud to be aligned with the Mariners.

“It’s fantastic the Mariners have dedicated their home match against the Jets to Surf Life Saving to recognise the valuable contribution volunteer lifesavers provide to the Central Coast community and to assist in raising awareness of vital beach safety messages,” Parker said.

“We hope the Central Coast community gets behind this match and the unique jerseys as a symbol of their support towards both organisations who are a huge part of the Central Coast.”

10% of all proceeds made from the kit will go back to the SLSCC. Click here to purchase.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/...ed-edition-lifesaving-kit#jPuhVSgWf6UGexGL.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back