Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Soccer/Association Football Kit Discussion

Here's some more Collingwood designs with Black and white sleeves
Black:
Collingwood2.png

White:
Collingwood3.png

I had to edit the stripes because otherwise the sides wouldn't show and be part of the stripes.

Essendon will be up later today.

0,,10278~5764419,00.jpg

My favourite NUFC strip. Adore the simplicity yet attention to details. Quite often the socks ruin Newcastle's strip, but I really like these ones.

Juve have had some nice kits as well.

0,,10278~5764419,00.jpg

My favourite NUFC strip. Adore the simplicity yet attention to details. Quite often the socks ruin Newcastle's strip, but I really like these ones.

Juve have had some nice kits as well.
Have that shirt. Great quality and the attention to detail is fantastic :thumbsu:

Looks great, maybe just move the essendon logo to the left a bit and the sash aswell

So I kind of like 90s football kits. The 1960s to the 1990s had the best kits. So I like to buy those, rather than the new ones. Collars, cuffs, and simple designs are my thing. So I've been looking at some Ireland tops.

Does anyone know what year this is from? It's the nicest Eire kit that I've seen. I've checked around on a few sites, but I can't find it. The Umbro flickr have also been asking around. If anyone finds a place to buy it, I'll be really grateful.

3484096048_0acca15df8_b.jpg

But I'm looking at just getting this one. The Eircom sponsorship is putting me off. Is it possible to buy these without the sponsor? Or, is it easy to peel off?

4358767587_3c578f6f5e_o.jpg

4358767583_1608924973_o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opel is such a cool sponsor. AC Milan, anyone?
That Irish kit has me beat. If you check HFK, there's nothing that matches up. Perhaps an interim kit until Eircom was signed as sponsor?

@SilentAlarm - the Ireland shirt with the Opel sponsorship was for from April 2000 to sometime in early 2001, a pity that it was such a short time time as it was a lovely kit. www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk have it in from time to time though not at the moment, however the other one is available without the eircom sponsor (known none-too-affectionately among Ireland fans as 'the blob'!) here: http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=9&q=ireland

@SilentAlarm - the Ireland shirt with the Opel sponsorship was for from April 2000 to sometime in early 2001, a pity that it was such a short time time as it was a lovely kit. www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk have it in from time to time though not at the moment, however the other one is available without the eircom sponsor (known none-too-affectionately among Ireland fans as 'the blob'!) here: http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=9&q=ireland
Thanks a lot for the link.

Now I'm faced with a dilemma: £60+ for the preferable, sponsor-less version, or £25+ for the sponsor version?

Does anyone know why Ireland sell retail shirts with a sponsor?

Anyway, is anyone else a huge fan of Umbro? I feel they're the most 'connected' sports brand. There's a great magazine called The Green. It mixes culture and lifestyle with soccer. Because of course, there are many niches to sports fans. I feel Umbro connect on this level. They make well fitted kits that look good with a pair of Levi's. You know? I find that endearing.

Lewis Chaplin is an inspiring film photographer. I urge people to check his things out. He helped launch the kit. And a fun fact: I talked to him quite regularly (on facebook...)x about shooting film, exams, and his (fantastic) fourteen-nineteen website. He epitomises that blending of culture and soccer.

Any kit that looks good with jeans is a great kit. Usually these are one-colour kits. I also love Umbro. :)

Ireland signed a deal in the mid 90's with Opel to be their kit sponsor, UEFA regulations mean they couldn't be worn in competitive matches but for charity games and other non-UEFA governed matches the sponsor adorned the front of the kit. It's also been on all replica retail kits since then. Just trying to squeeze the dollar I guess.

Any kit that looks good with jeans is a great kit. Usually these are one-colour kits. I also love Umbro. :)

Ireland signed a deal in the mid 90's with Opel to be their kit sponsor, UEFA regulations mean they couldn't be worn in competitive matches but for charity games and other non-UEFA governed matches the sponsor adorned the front of the kit. It's also been on all replica retail kits since then. Just trying to squeeze the dollar I guess.
I can't speak highly enough of Umbro.

Because none of you care: I opted for the 'cheaper', retail version. Go to Sportsdirect.com. The kit is £25, which is great. Go to the checkout. They ask £55 for delivery to Australia. They're charging me twice the cost of a kit and Mike Ashley still won't give the Toon a decent transfer kitty. Psh!

So I'm using UK Soccer Shop. Has anyone used them before? Or, do you reccomend any other sites (other than classicfootballkits.com, kitbag.com, subsidesports.com, etc.)? It would be a great help.

Yeah, I prefer 90's kits. Classic Football Shirts usually does it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back