Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent Alarm
oruosz.png
Words cannot express how much better shirts look with the competition logo on the sleeve. Needs to happen in the A-League.

Mismatching front and backs have come to soccer. Probably less overt than the Catters' one, but this is frustrating because they could've maintained the numbers sit on a blank blue panel, but have some continuity between front and back. Why didn't they keep the pinstripes going right up until that white bar across the back? That panel seems to be the new Adidas element of continuity (ala Nike's old fetish with massive cuff bands), so they've actually had that dilemma solved inadvertently. Instead the whole thing just looks incongruous.
Schalke+14+15+Kit.jpg

Yes the pattern isn't continued, but the adidas stripes and the stripes down the side break up the front from the back, so I think that is fine in terms of continuity and it will still look great in action :thumbsu:
The Cats away is definitely much worse than this.

Can someone please explain the meaning of this jumper, except the fact that it is the same design and the AFL U18 NSW/ACT Rams design.
440616-36108fe0-9dd5-11e3-ae86-8492b1a8b8a5.jpg
Looks like a training shirt to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nice but why does a team need a third kit in a world cup? They play like 6 games

And it looks bad too. Never got the love for all black kits. I never get on the "looks like a polo with a swoosh!" platform but honestly, that kit is just so bland and has no distinguishing marks – no interesting collar, bupkis.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/
More world cup kits released this month
Here's a few
Italy. A real improvement from the Confed Cup one
Italy+2014+World+Cup+Kits.jpg

Greece. Boring.

Netherlands Home and Away. Leaked home version looked better at least the gradient is in the away.
[URL='http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3zgkf7rUgWU/UoeFOVYMdhI/AAAAAAAAVtg/vl_8ZPrZyxw/s1600/Netherlands+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit.jpg'] [/URL]
Croatia. Only difference with the home is red sleeves instead of smaller checkerboard. Love the checkers on the away.

USAs home jersey Polo top. Nike really abused the "class" in their collar

http://www.footyheadlines.com/
More world cup kits released this month
Here's a few
Italy. A real improvement from the Confed Cup one
Italy+2014+World+Cup+Kits.jpg

Greece. Boring.

Netherlands Home and Away. Leaked home version looked better at least the gradient is in the away.

Croatia. Only difference with the home is red sleeves instead of smaller checkerboard. Love the checkers on the away.

USAs home jersey Polo top. Nike really abused the "class" in their collar

That Holland home is awesome

That Holland home is awesome
They're back in white shorts too, which I think suits them a heap more.

portland-timbers-adidas-2014-replica-short-sleeve-third-jersey-green-choose-a-player-or-personalize-your-jersey-pre-order-23.jpg

Portland Timbers just brought out their strips. I've always loved their colourway but just hated the execution (Adidas – I would've been about four shirts deep if they were made by Nike or Umbro), but this thing is really nice. It shows how three-striples can complement and not clutter shirts. If anything it should be Adidas sticking to Nike-lite templates and just changing colour ways. How many clubs and countries would look bad in a recoloured version of this?

Last edited:
They're back in white shorts too, which I think suits them a heap more.

portland-timbers-adidas-2014-replica-short-sleeve-third-jersey-green-choose-a-player-or-personalize-your-jersey-pre-order-23.jpg

Portland Timbers just brought out their strips. I've always loved their colourway but just hated the execution (Adidas – I would've been about four shirts deep if they were made by Nike or Umbro), but this thing is really nice. It shows how three-striples can complement and not clutter shirts. If anything it should be Adidas sticking to Nike-lite templates and just changing colour ways. How many clubs and countries would look bad in a recoloured version of this?

There has been a lot of hate for the last seasons home shirt, a lot of supporters found it far too apron like: Primary_Jersey_Callo#2326B6.jpg Hopefully a positive change is made, most of the Timbers kits are unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back