Socceroos Socceroos Asian Cup Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No problem with that. Despite the goal I thought Troisi's crosses and corners were poor at best on Friday night. They are much in the same.

Leckie and kruse on the wings with oar playing behind Cahill for mine, Cahill and oar can be subbed for juric/bresc/troisi.
Milligan in for jedinak you would think? When does the team get announced?

Good win last night, so much to be happy with. Really happy for Kruse to get a goal as well to try and put an end to his horrible run with injuries.

Luongo looks a gem, Swindon (his club side) are top of the League One - I wonder if he'll attract any interest from bigger teams? If he's playing regularly, might be good to stay put as the Championship (if they get promoted) would be a good step up in quality for him and his development.

Also, believe I read somewhere last night that all 4 scorers started their careers (or have played) in the A League which is a great testament to the local game and its progression in the last decade.

Couldn't be more impressed with how Luongo and Ryan have played thus far. Both have been outstanding and look like they will be long term fixtures in the national side.

Wouldn't surprise if a few big clubs come sniffing.
Wasn't a Ryan fan post WC but has improved out of sight. I hope a club like Everton come sniffing around him.

I would love Ryan at the Toffees and go and get Luongo as we'll nothing better then seeing some Aussies at my favourite EPL side.Great to see the Socceroos doing so well and after blooding all these players after the WC its all starting to come together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milang_Panthers you worried about Mile at all? Surely can't be that bad if he carried on for the rest of the game. From where I was sitting he was moving pretty well in the second half. Pardew will lose his s**t if Jedinak comes back crocked.
I'm hoping that if it was a do or die match then mile would've played but after winning the first they could afford to lose him for the second match. I'd lose my s**t too if he was to come back to palace injured, such a crucial part of our survival.

Last edited:
Luongo definitely needs to get to a mid-table division 1 side, whether that be in France, Spain, England, Italy, Germany or even the Dutch. I would say Crystal Palace to form a partnership with Jedinak for both club and country but I think the Spanish football would develop him better.

Time to make a real statement tonight.

My lineup for tomorrow

Ryan

Franjic sansbury spiranovic Davidson

Milligan jedinak lunogo

Burns Cahill Leckie

Sub in kruse oar and bresciano

I've been thinking, and I'd almost be tempted to play a 4-4-2.

Ryan
Franjic - Sainsbury - Spiranovic - Davidson
Kruse - Jedinak - Luongo - Leckie
Cahill - Burns
Let's think about it, have all three central mids ever performed in the same game? No. Why not cut one of them, make Leckie and Kruse play a more midfield role and have 2 up front? I'm sure Cahill's output will be better with another target next to him, and Burns was very promising in his last appearance and start.

I've been thinking, and I'd almost be tempted to play a 4-4-2.

Ryan
Franjic - Sainsbury - Spiranovic - Davidson
Kruse - Jedinak - Luongo - Leckie
Cahill - Burns
Let's think about it, have all three central mids ever performed in the same game? No. Why not cut one of them, make Leckie and Kruse play a more midfield role and have 2 up front? I'm sure Cahill's output will be better with another target next to him, and Burns was very promising in his last appearance and start.

Lunogo plays more advanced and kruse and Leckie are attacking by nature. That formation would put a lot f pressure on mile. I think against UAE all good but south Korea in final (if we get there) we would get punished on their counter break

Lunogo plays more advanced and kruse and Leckie are attacking by nature. That formation would put a lot f pressure on mile. I think against UAE all good but south Korea in final (if we get there) we would get punished on their counter break
Luongo is a two ways CM, he's showed that in the tournament. Kruse and Leckie have shown the ability to come back and defend on quite a few occasions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back