Socceroos Socceroos "National Pool"

Remove this Banner Ad

Bundesliga game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sorry, I need a breath >>>>>>>> A-League grand final

Plus the words "five years ago" really doesn't help Archie's case.

The team Holger picks makes me so angry. Give the younger guys some international games and in two years time they will be ready for the WC. We have some talent it just never gets to play. Sabotage!

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/Abroad/index.html

I always look at this list from time to time and go "we have so many kids around the mark at a decent level" then invariably check back and see they've gone the way of Joey Di Iorio, Gareth Jenkins and Shane Cansdell-Sherriff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luongo is looking like getting a season long loan in the championship from Spurs, may be a bolter.

Tombides is an interesting one, kid has no luck, cancer, now a liver operation, but he's just about West Hams highest rated youth prospect.

Amini is wasting his time at Dortmund, needs a loan desperately.

Will be interesting to see how Antonis go's at Parma.

I expect Williams and Lowry to be very much in contention for the first XI let alone the the WC squad. Jedinak is in for a big year, according to Palace forums, he's their best player, should be Aus' #1 holding midfielder come WC time.

Holman, Wilkshire big worries, they are well on the outer of both their respective clubs, Wilkshire is 31, could see him in the A-League soon.

Rukavtsya is getting Bundesliga gametime, has to be considered with the fapping over Kruse.

The talent pool is looking significantly better than when this thread was posted, it shows things can turn pretty quickly.

Rogic, Kruse and Oar have really come along, 2 of them will be playing champions league football this year.

It's interesting how the development curve changes from those kids stuck in the championship in England. I guess most of them get sucked into the dream of going up with a side and getting EPL experience. It's only really happened for Jedinak at this stage, Cahill is probably the best example of the last young bloke to really "make it" out of the championship for Australia

The best route is definately through Holland and Germany atm, Japan is really showing the way there, pretty much all of their kids move from the J-League ---> Bundesliga.

All in all, not dire, but I think we will be better place for Russia 2018, and the Asian Cup in Australia.

Julius Davies (Victory), Dylan Tombides (West Ham)

He has a younger brother too also at West Ham I believe (according to my best mate who is a hammers fan).

Thompson scored 5 goals in a domestic Australian league Grand Final against 10 men 5 years ago. Your argument is invalid.

That and he scored 13 goals against American Samoa (still a world record at international level).

Equal second highest goalscorer of all time for the socceroos :rolleyes:

Another possible 2 to consider.

Corey Gamerio - just got released by Fulham but was equal second highest goal scorer in the U19 AFC Championships last year and will appear at the U20 world cup starting this coming Sunday.

Bradden Inman (newcastle reserve player) - Aussie born 21 year old midfielder but played for Scotland at youth levels (u19 and u21). Still eligible for Australia at senior level. Highly rated at the club but won't get a look in behind our big name centre mids. Impressed on loan at Crewe last season and will be most likely loaned to a championship team this coming season. Supposedly a very good goal scoring mid.

Taylor Tombides.

That's it! Apparently he also is a pretty handy prospect.

Hopefully he gets a better run without the problems and complications his brother has unfortunately had to face.

Most of those guys would be at least a good 4-5 years away from making a senior Socceroos appearance, I'd actually pick another young gun from the A-league to make it there first. Sainsbury certainly deserves a run, and I rate James Holland to push for consistent senior caps after 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back