Socceroos Socceroos v Ecuador 7am EDT Thursday Morning. FOXTEL

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, when things got tough, Postecoglou appears to be clueless. Get used to it now, we won't make 2018.

Y'all wanted him.

#Holgerout :rolleyes:

No no no no no. Aussies want to play attacking, stick it right up them, boodiful foodball. :oops::rolleyes:

I don't even know where to start with this.

Disappointing but theres still some positives to come out of it. Our movement and passing was great even late in the game, we took our chances too. Second half we lost the plot a bit, structure went missing and poor old Mitchell had a mare.

Plenty to work with and improve on.

Also people need to remember that Ecuador are ranked 24th just behind Mexico, Russia and the Ivory Coast whilst we're ranked 54th.

Wasn't on long enough to even judge ,the back pass to him was not flash either .

Is there a match thread somewhere that has been updated with key moments(like sub times, goal times, card times)? Normally the FIFA app has all that but they haven't updated the Australian match and the main reddit thread just consists of "* you australian s**t campaigners" repeated over and over.

I don't even know where to start with this.

You can start by ignoring it. Just a sign of things to come from day tripper plebs when the World Cup is on. The ban stick is ready for then.

Happy to see Cahill get a much deserved record. Glad he broke Super Mo's record rather than Archie. Signs are good which is what we wanted. Pity about the second half.

Australia in the first half made Ecuador look second rate. They looked absolutely fantastic. Ryan looked very good in goal. Cahill was basically unstoppable.

Our second half was terrible. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia in the first half made Ecuador look second rate. They looked absolutely fantastic. Ryan looked very good in goal. Cahill was basically unstoppable.

Our second half was terrible. :(

Maybe they started the match showing us no respect & got spanked. After half time blast they went into top gear & cleaned us up. Not a good result as other teams could see how poor we became under pressure.
2nd half was a real worry.

Haven't seen any of this game as yet. But like most others go pretty excited when we shot out to a 3-0 lead.

Couldn't believe it when I caught the full-time score and saw 3-4. Not many teams lose from 3-0 up.

Haven't seen any of this game as yet. But like most others go pretty excited when we shot out to a 3-0 lead.

Couldn't believe it when I caught the full-time score and saw 3-4. Not many teams lose from 3-0 up.
Trust us to do it ;)

Was it any specific players (apart from Langerak/Jones)?
Credit to the other team should be part of it. The sending off didn't help and i am sure there will be differing opinions on the second half , but 10 v 11 is never an easy thing , made worse by a team (us) still learning the way Ange wants to play .

Performance levels of all the players certainly dropped. Leckie was trying hard but was disappointing and the subs didn't offer much. Alex Wilkinson got done for the forth and Vidosic and Bozanic were pretty useless and couldn't keep the ball. It really was backs to the wall after the sending off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back