Socceroos Socceroos v Ecuador 7am EDT Thursday Morning. FOXTEL

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives were the movement and style of play first half, Oar was excellent and although Davidson has a bit to learn defensively he looks a reasonable option at LB. Good-Spiranovic did well too - in fact Good was excellent until he went off, worth giving a chance. Rogic was great early but drifted out of it.

The bad was Langerak's brain fade, Wilkinson even playing and Milligan struggled, but I guess Bresciano takes his spot in the starting XI anyway. We were just a bit naive with 10 men, needed to hold the ball up at times and slow it down.

Haven't seen the game yet but great first half from all accounts followed by a very poor second half. Even with 10 men, you'd expect a team to be able to hold a 3-0 lead for 45 minutes.

Not too fussed, good learning lesson for the players and probably gives us a bit of hope that we can still score goals in Brazil with no Kruse in attack.

Very happy for Cahill - thoroughly deserved the record outright for his contributions to the game here and the number of times he's stepped up when we needed him to.

Pleased to see my man Curtis Good getting his first cap - was the youngest player involved I believe. From most accounts, seems to have been solid but might have got a bit frazzled when the team started falling apart around him.

Jedinak as captain is the wise and smart choice too - best man for the job IMO.

I was proud of the boys this morning! The first half was brilliant but the 2nd half was a disaster. Going down to 10, killed us. Especially with most of the team being young and inexperienced. Play like we did in the 1st half at the WC is all I ask for. We aren't expected to pass the group stage but show heart and determination.

Assange-at-Ecuadorian-Embassy-June-16-2013.png

"I was proud of the boys this morning! The first half was a disaster, but the 2nd half was brilliant!"

We don't need fans like you.
I said nothing about your hero, Clarke.

You can start by ignoring it. Just a sign of things to come from day tripper plebs when the World Cup is on. The ban stick is ready for then.
Day tripper pleb? Meh. There are some similarities/correlations I've noticed between Australia and Everton. Everyone was frustrated with the incumbent (Osieck/Moyes), and thought a change to a more positive coach was needed.

Well, after a positive start, Everton are no better off this season. However, we do have Martinez, who is still very good, and it's also possible to recruit players from other teams. Australia on the other hand, has someone who has, somehow, fooled everyone into thinking he's a good coach :eek::oops: He's a potato football intellect. Worse still, Australia can't buy anyone during the transfer period, or get someone on loan.

By the time anyone realises, the Asian Cup will be in the past. Us Aussies only know soccer in a textbook sense. But we really know FA. As far as Russia 2018 is concerned, the best thing that can happen, under the current circumstances, is for the WC and AC to be a disaster (probable) and for Melbourne Heart to dominate the A league next season, which includes winning it. Then the FFA can do to Heart what they did to Victory, but actually get a coach who knows what he is talking about. Then, they can send Postecoglou where he belongs (Not international level). Everyone else (admin, media, fans) then stfu and let van Schip do his work.

Park the Bus? FTW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back